11/12 Division Winners

Odds for each division:Atlantic:Rangers 1.058Flyers 16Penguins 16Devils 17Northeast:Bruins 1.03Senators 13Leafs 24Sabres 151Canadiens 201Southeast:Capitals 1.74Panthers 3.5Jets 5.5Lightning 14Hurricanes 31Central:Red Wings 1.16Blues 5.25Predators 24Blackhawks 26Northwest:No odds. Vancouver is winning this.Pacific:Sharks 1.28Coyotes 4.9Kings 9Stars 29Ducks 46Anyone a favourite of a come-from behind win? Tough with the Atlantic so close, but I'd definitely bet against the Rangers at those prices. New Jersey's a hot bet right now, though I put a few bucks on Pittsburgh at 19 before yesterday's win. I could see the Rangers losing enough to open up a window for one of PHI/NJ/PIT to take it if they get hot.Also a fan of Florida, as per my signature. Washington is still the favourite of course - Winnipeg is playing well, but tough to make up 4 games in the last 25 and they're not that good.Similarly, I think some of the teams in the Central could get hot, but I think Detroit is too good to give them enough leeway.San Jose is not playing that well. Phoenix could be better than them down the stretch, though the price is a little short. Don't know what the price was before their win and SJ's loss last night, but I bet it was pretty sweet. At those prices, Dallas or Anaheim certainly seem a possibility. Just checked Dallas' schedule...wow. They play SJ and Vancouver 3 times each in March/April. Their last 5 games are against @Vancouver, @ SJ, SJ, @ Nashville, St. Louis. Rough.Pittsburgh has a pretty easy schedule heading out. Rangers is not bad either, but not as easy as Pittsburgh's.

Senators are a good bet too..Lots of games in hand though for the Bostonian Blizzards
I agree serge, that's an awesome spot for a sens bet.... Boston will be without Horton for the rest of the year, there's TT turmoil in the dressing room, and the sens are playing lights out. It's boston's to lose, but there's just NO WAY that the sens should be a 13-1 dog. Where do I bet these lines???
I agree serge, that's an awesome spot for a sens bet.... Boston will be without Horton for the rest of the year, there's TT turmoil in the dressing room, and the sens are playing lights out. It's boston's to lose, but there's just NO WAY that the sens should be a 13-1 dog. Where do I bet these lines???
bet365
The devils have longe rodds (16-1) to win the Atlantic Division than they do for the Eastern Conference (12-1). What am I missing?
They are probably not going to catch the Rangers for the regular season title..However in the Playoffs more variance and they can win in a few rounds, maybe avoiding the Rangers

Something wrong with the odds in the Atlantic. Every better and there mother would be putting $ on Pitt and NJ at those prices. Devils are super hot. I would give them something like 5-1 right now to win the division.

Tim Thomas
No, I got that part, I just didn't realize there was a Tim Thomas problem in the Boston locker room. You wouldn't think a bunch of Canadians, Slovaks, Russians and Swedes would care if the American President gets dissed or not.
According to Sports Club Stats, NYR has a 99% chance of winning the division, if I'm interpreting it correctly.http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic.html
Maybe it changed since your post but I'm reading it as 96%. 86% they get 1st seed. 10% chance they get #2. 3% for #4. So somewhere between 96 and 97 with flyers given a 2% chance of taking it and pens with 1%.
No, I got that part, I just didn't realize there was a Tim Thomas problem in the Boston locker room. You wouldn't think a bunch of Canadians, Slovaks, Russians and Swedes would care if the American President gets dissed or not.
I don't think they would care about the American president being dissed if it was just something TT said, but I think they might take this incident as an individual putting himself above the team, or not trying to fit in to the teams plan.They wouldn't have an issue with his politics, or anything he believed, maybe just an issue with his actions during a team event.(thats just me guessing obv)It seems like TT was never all that well liked if I'm to believe what I read, from a lot of different sources. Gotta say if that's true, it couldn't have gotten better after that fiasco.Am I the only one who looks at long range odds and thinks they are always too low?

No, they always are. Books never tend to go as high as they need. Something that is a true 20-1 will still get similar action at 15-1 because people tend to look at the "potential" they can win, rather than the EV compared to the true odds.======I dunno, I don't really know what people are saying, but I find it hard to believe a guy who is always smiling, and joking around like Thomas is wouldn't be liked in the room, but I don't know him in any way, aside from what I see 8% of the time he's on TV, so dunno.

No, they always are. Books never tend to go as high as they need. Something that is a true 20-1 will still get similar action at 15-1 because people tend to look at the "potential" they can win, rather than the EV compared to the true odds.======I dunno, I don't really know what people are saying, but I find it hard to believe a guy who is always smiling, and joking around like Thomas is wouldn't be liked in the room, but I don't know him in any way, aside from what I see 8% of the time he's on TV, so dunno.
1-yup, hence why I generally hate long term bets, unless Im taking a real flyer on someone. (Im still banking on Anaheim to win the Cup!)2-I know what you mean, until all this, I assumed Thomas was one of the most liked guys in the world, cause of his backstory and the way he always looks happy+cheerful. I find it hard to believe people wouldn't like him, but then again, I'm not behind the scenes and don't know the guy at all.