Official 2012 Trade Deadline Thread

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are some spare parts, a 2nd rounder and maybe a 3rd really that much?
We're talking about Marek Zidlicky here...he's averaged 43 GP and 18 points the past two seasons and hasn't scored a goal all year...all the while getting paid $4 million and he has another year on his current deal. I'm amazed he wrangled a 2nd rounder as a return, let alone everything that came with the 2nd rounder. Like I said, I really think Palmieri is going to be the meat and potatoes of that trade at the end of the day. Hell...Kurtis Foster very nearly matched Zidlicky's production to this point, and probably would have exceeded it if he was given PP time.
We're talking about Marek Zidlicky here...he's averaged 43 GP and 18 points the past two seasons and hasn't scored a goal all year...all the while getting paid $4 million and he has another year on his current deal. I'm amazed he wrangled a 2nd rounder as a return, let alone everything that came with the 2nd rounder. Like I said, I really think Palmieri is going to be the meat and potatoes of that trade at the end of the day. Hell...Kurtis Foster very nearly matched Zidlicky's production to this point, and probably would have exceeded it if he was given PP time.
Wasn't Foster quarterbacking the powerplay, while Zidlicky was stuck on a team with no offense? I really don't think Palmieri will be anything special. With Brodeur close to retirement and the chance of not resigning Parise I don't blame Lou for going for it. When he gets Zajac back that's as good as a trade for a top 6 so they may be able to make a serious run.
our old friend Howard Berger:Good source informs me today that #Leafs have "several" trade scenarios involving Mikhail Grabovski. No surprise if he's dealt, I'm told.btw I got this because someone retweeted..Apparently he has me blocked.
Im a big Grabovski fan but with what we are seeing with the Hemsky and Ruutu contracts I wouldnt mind seeing him get traded. If its gonna take 5M-5.5M and 4+ years to sign him I dont think its worth it.

Mark Spector Sports ‏ @SportsnetSpec Reply Retweet Favorite · OpenNash to NYR deal has advanced. CBJ gets 1 of Del Zotto or McDonagh, a 1st, & prospect (Tim Erixon). NYR feels offer bests #Leafs. #SNtradeSolid rumour...Its a fairly decent package...I think if Burke wants he can top it.Gardiner/Schenn, 1st, Colborne/Frattin..Do it now

Mark Spector Sports ‏ @SportsnetSpec Reply Retweet Favorite · OpenNash to NYR deal has advanced. CBJ gets 1 of Del Zotto or McDonagh, a 1st, & prospect (Tim Erixon). NYR feels offer bests #Leafs. #SNtradeSolid rumour...Its a fairly decent package...I think if Burke wants he can top it.Gardiner/Schenn, 1st, Colborne/Frattin..Do it now
other than the Leafs first round pick being higher Columbus would rather have the Rangers players than the Leaf ones in your scenario.

I dont think the Leafs should give up Gardiner/Schenn+1st+Colborne. Would destroy all the good moves of the past 12 months.And I think CBJ would be stupid to trade Nash for that NYR package.Dubinsky, Del Zotto, 1st, Erixon would be closer.

Wojtek Wolski traded. Rangers are clearing cap space, looks like they have the Nash deal done..
I don't want Del Zotto in this package at all. Any package with some of these parts, Dubinsky fine, Kreider fine, Erixon fine, 1st rd pick fine, McDonagh OK with reservations. But not Del Zotto
I dont think the Leafs should give up Gardiner/Schenn+1st+Colborne. Would destroy all the good moves of the past 12 months.And I think CBJ would be stupid to trade Nash for that NYR package.Dubinsky, Del Zotto, 1st, Erixon would be closer.
True but remember Gardiner and Colborne were acquired to possibly bolster the depth and allow for moves to be made..Gardiner has come along much quicker than anyone thought.They were also acquired for essentially nothing.Looking back would you trade Kaberle,Beauchemin and a first for Rick Nash?Sure..
That deal doesn't make any sense from the Rangers' side. I don't see them trading either DelZ or McDonagh. And I don't want them to trade Kreider either. The package I would accept would look more like:DubinskyErixonChristian ThomasLater round PickorDubinskyErixon1st round PickAnything more would be too much for a guy who has such a huge contract. Especially since we'll have a lot of cash in the off season and could buy someone while losing no assets (Parise, anyone?)
True but remember Gardiner and Colborne were acquired to possibly bolster the depth and allow for moves to be made..Gardiner has come along much quicker than anyone thought.They were also acquired for essentially nothing.Looking back would you trade Kaberle,Beauchemin and a first for Rick Nash?Sure..
I don't think its a good idea to base a trade on how you acquired your assets in the first place. That's like saying it's easier for Detroit to trade Datsyuk cause he didn't cost a 1st round pick or that the Leafs should trade Lupul for anything, since it only cost Beauchmin. so I don't really agree with your point. And the Leafs are a lot further then just Rick Nash from being a Cup contender, unless again, the goal is just to make the playoffs. Build for the future. And based on tonight, try to get a goalie for now and the future.
I don't want Del Zotto in this package at all. Any package with some of these parts, Dubinsky fine, Kreider fine, Erixon fine, 1st rd pick fine, McDonagh OK with reservations. But not Del Zotto
It's interesting to me how much dubinsky's stock has fallen this year. I think he's a good get for some team, maybe even the Leafs. I'm constantly amazed at how the Rangers keep acquiring the stars. Wow.
I don't think its a good idea to base a trade on how you acquired your assets in the first place. That's like saying it's easier for Detroit to trade Datsyuk cause he didn't cost a 1st round pick or that the Leafs should trade Lupul for anything, since it only cost Beauchmin. so I don't really agree with your point. And the Leafs are a lot further then just Rick Nash from being a Cup contender, unless again, the goal is just to make the playoffs. Build for the future. And based on tonight, try to get a goalie for now and the future.
Its not the same thing as Datysuk..Burke is rebuilding the team and its relevant IMO.But I see what you are saying..BTW if we can even get anything for Schenn Ill be shocked..He is just brutal right now.Burke apparently told Schenn, while I cant promise that you will be here on Tuesday I promise you I havent offered you to anyone.
Id love to see Burke have the balls to be a seller at the deadline.
Im really not sure we have much to "sell"The only commodity that we would sell is Grabo...And a pending UFA Grabo is not going to fetch us much..Most of our assets are young, long term players.After watching the last 2 weeks I m open to anything.Unless by selling you mean blow it up and trade Kessel,Phaneuf,Lupul, Schenn etc.That s not going to happen IMO
I'm gonna be sad if colborne never becomes a fantasy powerhouse for the leafs. like, his AHL numbers look great, why would you want to ship him off?
Simple you need to give up assets to get assets...If the Leafs are in on Nash, he isnt going to be coming to the Leafs for Komisarek, Grabovski and a 3rd rounder..Its going to take 2 top prospects at least