Shake, do you know W.T. Thompson? He's from your town.Is anyone else watching?I really like the brother and sister who got to hollywood. I especially liked the sister.Obviously, Philip Philips Jr. is the guy to beat right now.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched every single season of American Idol, but I'm really hesitant to watch this season. Last year, I thought the judges started off okay, but just got to be really horrible. Not sure I can deal with Lopez or Tyler or anymore.

Just watched this audition on youtube. You're joking, right?
I'm not sure what you saw on youtube, but he was really amazing. After his audition when he got on his guitar and played Thriller, I can see some people not liking that.

yeah my newsfeed blew the fuck up a few days ago "omg go WT yay!!!11!" and what not. no fucking clue who the guy is.

I'm not sure what you saw on youtube, but he was really amazing. After his audition when he got on his guitar and played Thriller, I can see some people not liking that.
My comment was actually more directed toward the idea of him being a favorite, not that I thought he was that bad. I actually liked his Thriller rendition more than Superstition. The first song reminded me too much of Casey Abrams. I liked Casey, but his style got old real quick. I predict the same to happen to this guy.
I'm horrible with names but that guy who played Thriller on his guitar was awesome. He's obviously influenced by Dave Matthews.
My comment was actually more directed toward the idea of him being a favorite, not that I thought he was that bad. I actually liked his Thriller rendition more than Superstition. The first song reminded me too much of Casey Abrams. I liked Casey, but his style got old real quick. I predict the same to happen to this guy.
Ok, then you and I just have different tastes, because I loved every single thing Casey Abrams did more than almost anything from any other AI contestant ever. Although some of his "bad" songs, like Nirvana, were surpassed by the Fuel song that Daughtry did in Hollywood week, and easily surpassed by David Cook singing that Chris Cornell version of Billie Jean.
I'm horrible with names but that guy who played Thriller on his guitar was awesome. He's obviously influenced by Dave Matthews.
Correct. That's who I was talking about. Currently he's my "guy to beat". Although there has only been two shows.
I'll probably start watching once they get past the audition episodes.
That's probably for the best. They really aren't very great. It's annoying how every time they interview someone at home or work you know that they will be awesome. How do they find these people prior to audition day? It feels like a setup.

Jim Carrey's daughter was very sweet, but she wasn't a great singer. I'm a little surprised they let her through.

This is the 11th Season of Idol.Odds of having a contestant this season whose mom or dad was on the show in one of the earlier seasons?
Fantasia has like 30 kids right?
  • 3 weeks later...
I'll probably start watching once they get past the audition episodes.
Alright, I'm watching now.
Obviously, Philip Philips Jr. is the guy to beat right now.
Was he in the Hollywood shows? I don't know who this is. That cop was annoying. Why does she love Joy to the World so much? It's definitely just an act, but I love the Asian guy. Thought he was genuinely funny.I probably won't remember any names until they cut it down to 24 or 12 or whatever they're doing this year. What are they doing this year?
Was he in the Hollywood shows? I don't know who this is.
he was the guy who they showed a flashback of doing thriller. He made it to the next round, they showed him in Hollywood but he wasn't that great. Seacrest said he is way different when he is without his guitar.

I want Reed to lose really bad. He is going to make the show no matter what, but I really don't like him for some reason. At what point does the vocal coach say "F this guy, I'm out of here?" lol at that girl fainting like 8 times then getting cut.The Asian Michael Bolton is still epic.

the funny asian kid rocks and has made the show fun to watch, but far from the best singer even though he is really goodi like all the young'ins, that little black ladies man kid is pretty awesome. i like that colton guy whose sister just got voted off, and i like the Dave Mathews clone that has the same first and last name like phillip phillips or something.That cowboy dude is the only guy I really don't like his voice at all and that may be influenced by the fact I hate him periodSo much talent on this season, at least 20 - 30 people I have genuinely enjoyed listening to so far

First season that I'm watching this as the kids wanted me to watch - actually have liked the show so far. I only dislike the cowboy dude since he seemed like such a egotistical douche when he was teamed up with MIT. Funny how they got rid of him after they made it on.Thought that the Neopolitans made a huge mistake in not working at all with the vocal coach or band before - what's wrong with a another opinion or some advice? The first girl seemed very bitter when she was voted out and then the second girl really broke down after she went in the second cut.At this point, the field seems very talented

Flipped past the show by accident when hanging out with some friends (both male and female). It was a part with 4 guys dressed like 50's greasers, singing and dancing as a group. The reaction every single person had was, "People watch this show? Seriously?"I watched a lot of the first and second seasons, and don't remember it being this horrible. Did I just jump in during a particularly awkward song?