2011 Fcp Poker Player Of The Year - Who Should It Be ?

It's time to vote for the 2011 FCP Poker Player of the Year and we have three nominees.The criteria is simple. Which member of the FCP Community had the best year playing poker in 2011 ? Defining the word best is where things can be more subjective. Is the best the player who cashed for the most money by having a few really large tournament results. Is it the player who grinds out his money week after week online or is winning a WSOP bracelet the ultimate prize ?Please vote only once even if you have more than one account.The voting will remain open until 11 AM ET on Monday Jan 23rd.There is no prize for winning other than a personalized section on the FCP website to honor them.So who should it be ?looshle - Justin Pechielooshle's big result in 2011 was of course when he won his first WSOP Bracelet in the $1,500 Limit Holdem Shootout for $167K. That wasn't the only live tournament that looshle won in 2011 as he also won a $1500 buyin event at Foxwoods in March for over $48K as well.After Black Friday looshle relocated to Mexico to play online and he's won a handful of tournaments online in 2011 as well including the Big 22 for over $8K, and $120 and $109 Turbos.Here's the link to Justin's page at the Hendon Mob to see his live results.http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=68351Total 2011 Live Cashes = $236KFluffdog87 - Justin FiltzFluffdog had another great year in 2011 mostly playing live in both tournaments and cash games.His best result was when he finished 2nd in the WSOP $5K No Limit Holdem 6 Handed tournament for $500K. He also finished 9th in a $5K event in October at the Festa Al Lago in Las VegasHere's the link to Justin's page at the Hendon Mob to see his live results.http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=93835Total 2011 Live Cashes = $520KCobaltBlueCobalt's success in 2011 mostly came playing online. After Black Friday he's continued to play at American friendly sites and in fact 2011 has been his best year at the poker table where he has profited close to $100K.He plays everything from Limit Holdem ring games to heads up and short hand NL Holdem and Tournaments as well and is an experienced and winning player at them all.

Good luck, gentlemen!It will be an honor to have any one of these three as my successor. Cobalt had an incredible year online, which in the year of Black Friday is even more impressive. Fluff just keeps crushing year after year after year. I voted for looshle though, since I'm very impressed by his approach, thought process, and dedication to the game, and of course since bracelets rule. :club:

Why do we have everyone else's gross winnings but Cobalt's net?
Cobalt's are all online winnings, I'm not sure if he has posted his graph here showing his total winnings, but it is pretty impressive. I voted for him because he still contributes a lot and has a lot of good strat posts, and had a great year. All of Fluffdogs and Looshles winnings in their totals are from live results.My joke account voted for Looshle because BRACELET BABY!I didn't vote for fluffdog, I'm not sure why, but he is deserving also.
Cobalt's are all online winnings . . .
I don't think that's significant to the point. It's comparing apples and giraffes. Oh, and nice job all you guys.
Why do we have everyone else's gross winnings but Cobalt's net?
Because there is no public record of live tournament net winnings but total cashes is available at the Hendon Mob database.
I don't think that's significant to the point. It's comparing apples and giraffes. Oh, and nice job all you guys.
What point? I wasn't making a point other than saying that Cobalt's winnings aren't public because they were from online play. It won't show up on Hendon Mob or some other site that compiles player earnings.
What point?
My point that the numbers in the original post aren't comparable and tend to understate Cobalt's relative success. I'm not trying to tear anybody down or suggest an Evil Bob Conspiracy, just give good press to Cobalt.
I wasn't making a point other than saying that Cobalt's winnings aren't public because they were from online play. It won't show up on Hendon Mob or some other site that compiles player earnings.
I presume the $90k net number was discovered by asking Cobalt. We could get his gross number by asking him, unless there's a tax wrinkle or something.

Thanks for the consideration! Justin and Cobalt are both nice guys so may the most votes win! :club:

So I'm pretty flattered and stunned to be unexpectedly included in this discussion. I consider both Justins to be good guys and friends. I think they'd both make great POYs.As for my results, I did actually "win" my first legit (of any size) live tournament this last year (when Cane I chopped a $130 tournament HU at the Isle in September for $1600 each). Granted, I know that doesn't really compare to the other guys. =) Overall, I put in 67 hours live and lost ~$1100. I also didn't make it to Vegas this year, so that cut into my typical total in that department.I hadn't posted this here yet, but I guess I can since there are inquiries....vlkObTzcTjBxlrJgTPO1.pngTo divide that up, there's +$13.5k from MTTs, +$70.1k from cash, and then I guess +$5.9k from rakeback/bonuses in 1168.5 hours of play.

huh? pretty sure all I said was Cobalt's winnings aren't trackable while Fluffs and Looshle's are. I don't know what anyone else is talking about.this is my last post on this forum. Rcgs, Diamondixie, and I have started a secret forum. Some of you will be invited, some won't.

huh? pretty sure all I said was Cobalt's winnings aren't trackable while Fluffs and Looshle's are. I don't know what anyone else is talking about.this is my last post on this forum. Rcgs, Diamondixie, and I have started a secret forum. Some of you will be invited, some won't.
Let me go on the record by saying:Check the location. This is for real. If you and Sasha Cohen disappear from this forum, I will send Triads to your house.I don't know a guy...yet.