Hey everyone - It's been a long time since I logged on here, but I wanted to promote my new book that I just finished and published through Smashwords (I got tired of all the rejection letters). I'm hoping that my old friends here on FCP might like to check it out for free!(Mods, I'm hoping this isn't considered spam... if it is, I apologize and feel free to delete the topic!)Here's all the info:A modern day science fiction tale about a set of alien artifacts left on our planet to help Humanity avoid certain destruction. A thrilling tale that mixes romance, cutting edge science, the consequences of the choices we make, and oh yeah, the fate of our entire civilization. If you are at all interested, here is the link:http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/123486Use the coupon code BA23X code and it will be free of charge downloaded instantly to your e-reader (all platforms available).I truly believe that Smashwords is doing the e-book publishing right which is why I've given it a shot. I'm hoping that there will be some book lovers who will do the same for me!R.J. JohnsonA more complete description of my book follows below:Alex McCray was only ten years old when he found the first of the Twelve Stones. Unnerved by the incredible power, Alex's father took the stone away from his child promising to return it when he was ready. Twenty two years later, Alex returns to his hometown of Onyx, California to reunite with his father. Their reunion is cut short after billionaire industrialist Rupert Kline murders Alex's father using one of the Twelve Stones in his possession.Driven by revenge, Alex McCray vows to bring his father's killer's to justice and keep the Twelve Stones out of the hands of Rupert Kline. A thrilling tale that mixes romance, cutting edge science, the consequences of the choices we make and oh yeah, the fate of human civilization.

that tag line makes me want to vomit, and oh yeah, kill myself too.
Well, at least I'm provoking a reaction... that's all any author can hope for! (on a side note, seriously? Why so?)
Well, at least I'm provoking a reaction... that's all any author can hope for! (on a side note, seriously? Why so?)
obviously i didnt like the "oh yeah, and the fate of our civilization" line. obviously that is hacktown usa, population you.

RICKER!Why would LoisMustDie and Ricker both come back within a day of each other after not posting for like 2 years. Weird.Also Ricker, BillyPilgrim is SuitedAces21, so don't think too long about any of his jaded criticism. When Suited was exiting his mother's vagina, he called her a whore.

RICKER!Why would LoisMustDie and Ricker both come back within a day of each other after not posting for like 2 years. Weird.Also Ricker, BillyPilgrim is SuitedAces21, so don't think too long about any of his jaded criticism. When Suited was exiting his mother's vagina, he called her a whore.
we're each other's alts...Thanks guys!!And yeah, I've been hearing a lot about my crummy description... I think it's because I'm either 1) too close to it because I have an idea of the larger world where it's heading over the next few novels I'm publishing or 2) I suck?Either way... thank you all for your feedback/support... I've missed ya'all!!!

Oh. It's a series?Let me know when all the books are out then I will read it. I now only read series that are completed so in case you die I am not left hanging.Disclaimer. ASOIAF are expempt because I stupidly read them before the series was finished (if it ever will be). But they are really good so I will have no qualms about re-reading them before book 6 comes out.

Oh. It's a series?Let me know when all the books are out then I will read it. I now only read series that are completed so in case you die I am not left hanging.Disclaimer. ASOIAF are expempt because I stupidly read them before the series was finished (if it ever will be). But they are really good so I will have no qualms about re-reading them before book 6 comes out.
I'm on a month to month release schedule. February 15th will see the second novel in the series "Skyfire" If I manage to keep to my schedule, I should be releasing the first in my private detective on Mars series "Rosetta" in March (those will be stand alone novels... no need for the full series to understand what's going on)