Dannyg's Illness

Sweet, I like the name Nathan. The only babysitting job I ever had was looking after a kid named Nathan during Game 4 of the 1993 World Series - the 15-14 game. His parents were at it, so my short babysit turned into a marathon. Parents were pissed I let the kid stay up for the whole thing lol.
this post is most probably made up...Because there is one major flaw in the post...Not sure if most people caught it.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Extremely simple formula. I compare bet365's odds to Pinnacle's. When I talk about "equity," I am referring just to the implied percentage return if we assume Pinnacle's lines are perfect.   For e

this post is most probably made up...Because there is one major flaw in the post...Not sure if most people caught it.
Wow, I never even thought about that. Weird how memory is...10 minutes ago I was absolutely certain that's what happened. But when you said it, I realized it might've actually been a party to watch the game or something they were at. Or I'm a liar, and this is my way of getting out of it? Anyhow, good catch for sure.The post is true, but apparently the parents were lying jerks rather than baseball fans. The dad was, in fact, a lying jerk, and they got divorced a few years later because he was cheating, and the kids grew up to be spoiled little dicks because the parents were always fighting to buy them bigger and better stuff.
Wow, I never even thought about that. Weird how memory is...10 minutes ago I was absolutely certain that's what happened. But when you said it, I realized it might've actually been a party to watch the game or something they were at. Or I'm a liar, and this is my way of getting out of it? Anyhow, good catch for sure.The post is true, but apparently the parents were lying jerks rather than baseball fans. The dad was, in fact, a lying jerk, and they got divorced a few years later because he was cheating, and the kids grew up to be spoiled little dicks because the parents were always fighting to buy them bigger and better stuff.
Lol nice..Btw..I can remember certain events to the finest details..For example the 1986 World Series game 6 is etched in my memory..Probably one of the most interesting and biggest games in World Series history..Most of you were probably too young to remember that night.

I was 2.5, so I do not remember it. I'm guessing cocaine was involved.Also, you're all wrong about the Heat. Lakers are going to cover. Just bet them - if I wasn't such a pansy, I would've parlayed them on the ML, rather than the spread. Alas, I'm a pansy.

Umm, somehow the Lakers went from 2.86 on the ML to 3.05 when the game went to 'in play.' None of the spreads or totals changed - they all got worse, of course, since the juice is bigger in play. But for some reason the Lakers win went up...I think?

Umm, somehow the Lakers went from 2.86 on the ML to 3.05 when the game went to 'in play.' None of the spreads or totals changed - they all got worse, of course, since the juice is bigger in play. But for some reason the Lakers win went up...I think?
im on the Lakers +5.5
So far, 18 goals have been scored in about 15 periods. Extrapolating, that would trend to 36 goals for tonight's schedule. The over is 54.5. That is...not good.
Yup and my HOme - 3 isnt looking good..Home teams are down by 4

Wondering about betting against the Lakers tonight. Everyone is whining about how much they played their starters last night, and that they'll be tired tonight. Almost seems like the line might over-reflect that.

Last night summary:Not a single game went over. Crazy. The under grand salami won by like 15.Disappointed to miss all my parlays. Would've liked to pick one off, but I went with some longshots, so can't be helped I guess. Very disappointed to go to bed with the Kings up 1-0 and see they couldn't even pull off a win, never mind 1.5. To lose to Calgary at home is pretty ugly. If they don't come out strong next game, I'm betting against them all down the stretch.Lost all my college basketball games. lol. Thought I was taking the contrarian side with the Lakers, but looks like that is where all the money was. oops. annoying - seems like a lot of the sites aren't particularly useful to determine actual betting - would've happily taken the heat with Battier starting and Lebron's fake flu.

January 20:Total: -11.68 unitsSt. Louis Under total: +3.19 units.(1.5 units) Indiana/Golden State over 190 (1.95)RESULT:(2 units) Camilo Villegas over Anthony Kim - Round 2 only (1.8)RESULT:Scott Piercy over Chris Kirk (2.05)RESULT:

Also starting to look at NFL playoffs. New England is now 1.99 at -7. Love it. Don't know if the money is going on Baltimore or what, but that line keeps getting better. Might hit it today, might see if it continues to improve.Keep going back and forth on SF/NYG. Luckily I don't really have to choose, as I'll win my brother-in-law's pool if NYG wins, so I won't bother placing another bet. If I was betting, I'd have to look at SF right now. Better than 1.7 on the ML seems very generous, considering NYG lost 7 games this year, has a worse coach, and SF is playing at home. I know NYG is hot now, but would you really consider them a better team right now on a neutral field? I think a 3 point spread is more appropriate, so 2.5 looks nice.NYG/SF total started at 45, and has been bet all the way down to 42. If the Vegas folks thought 45 was a good line, and there has been no significant news, I'm with them on that. Will definitely jump on the over - will hit it at 42, might even look at dropping it (or waiting) to 41.5. 42 seems like a good number for the game to end on.

Last night summary:Not a single game went over. Crazy. The under grand salami won by like 15.Disappointed to miss all my parlays. Would've liked to pick one off, but I went with some longshots, so can't be helped I guess. Very disappointed to go to bed with the Kings up 1-0 and see they couldn't even pull off a win, never mind 1.5. To lose to Calgary at home is pretty ugly. If they don't come out strong next game, I'm betting against them all down the stretch.Lost all my college basketball games. lol. Thought I was taking the contrarian side with the Lakers, but looks like that is where all the money was. oops. annoying - seems like a lot of the sites aren't particularly useful to determine actual betting - would've happily taken the heat with Battier starting and Lebron's fake flu.
Games like the Laker/Heat game makes one think that the games are fixed. Look at what the bettors see:1. Wade out2. LeBron has the flu and may not play3. Kobe definitely wants to win this one4. Heat by 5.5?I went to bed with a parlay and an open bet. I took the Jazz even though the Mavericks got beaten 2 games in a row on last second shots. The reason I did was because it was their 3rd game in 4 nights. Cost me a bet and parlay. A total of 6.5 units.
Games like the Laker/Heat game makes one think that the games are fixed. Look at what the bettors see:1. Wade out2. LeBron has the flu and may not play3. Kobe definitely wants to win this one4. Heat by 5.5?I went to bed with a parlay and an open bet. I took the Jazz even though the Mavericks got beaten 2 games in a row on last second shots. The reason I did was because it was their 3rd game in 4 nights. Cost me a bet and parlay. A total of 6.5 units.
Bleh. NBA is doing some funny things this year, with teams playing 3 games in 3 nights sometimes. Some coaches are taking guys out early to protect them, some aren't. Some people are looking tired, some aren't. I think someone really looking at these things hard could do some damage. Not me, obviously, but hopefully the extra variance helps us amateurs.Haven't really looked at things yet, but I definitely like the Pens tonight. Second game in 2 nights, but they're tough. 1.6 to beat a struggling Montreal team seems fantastic. As per usual, I'll probably be suckered into the -1.5, which is a healthy 2.8.Been looking for excuses to bet against the Caps, and 2.1 for the Hurricanes at home on the ML seems like a good choice.TB/Dallas. Don't care. Under 5.5 at 1.95 seems good value.Also been looking at betting against the 'Hawks. Not sure yet if I like to take a shot at them hosting the Panthers, but maybe. Panthers are 2.65 on the ML but 1.55 at +1.5. I like them to keep it close, but that seems low. The Hawks paying 2.6 at -1.5 at home. Panthers have hosted New Jersey, Vancouver and Boston last week, travelled to Colorado yesterday, play in Chicago tonight, and fly all the way to Winnipeg tomorrow. That is a tough schedule. Might end up taking the Hawks with the points, again. Line will probably be short for the game tomorrow, but I'll still probably take Winnipeg -1.5 on that game.

Wow, some surprising numbers in the odds for Divisional winners.Panthers, tied for 1st, are 3.5:1 to win their division. I mean, the Caps are better (panthers goal differential is -12 lol), and you have to guess Ovechkin and co will pick it up, but Florida finally has their goaltending healthy. 3.5 seems like a big number.Penguins are 15:1 to win their division. Holy crap! I know they're 8 points and a game back, but really? Can they not make up 8-10 points over the last 40? Team is finally healthy, the Rangers are smoke and mirrors. Philly might be tough, but not 15:1 tough. I'm definitely putting some Dallas at 17:1 also seems like good value, though I don't think good enough to bet it.

I know the -1.5 odds do look juicy but personally I would stay away from that. I wager like that in the past and hit a few. Before you know it, that was all I was betting and kept on losing by .5 goal.I am just a little tilted right now on the Mavericks/Jazz game that is why I am saying fixed. Was still up 1 unit for the day but it definitely could have been a brighter morning.

My sympathies for you definitely. The worst days are those that are 1-2 units, but could've easily been 8.It isn't just that the 1.5 look juicy...it is that they look so good compared to the money lines! Might just go with serge's strategy of taking regulation winners. Seems like a good middle ground.

If you want to call anything fixed (which obviously isn't) it's Illinois losing in the final seconds at Penn State which seems to happen almost every year.

Also starting to look at NFL playoffs. New England is now 1.99 at -7. Love it. Don't know if the money is going on Baltimore or what, but that line keeps getting better. Might hit it today, might see if it continues to improve.Keep going back and forth on SF/NYG. Luckily I don't really have to choose, as I'll win my brother-in-law's pool if NYG wins, so I won't bother placing another bet. If I was betting, I'd have to look at SF right now. Better than 1.7 on the ML seems very generous, considering NYG lost 7 games this year, has a worse coach, and SF is playing at home. I know NYG is hot now, but would you really consider them a better team right now on a neutral field? I think a 3 point spread is more appropriate, so 2.5 looks nice.
I don't know what your numbers mean. I have bets on Baltimore +290 and NYG +115.
Bleh. NBA is doing some funny things this year, with teams playing 3 games in 3 nights sometimes. Some coaches are taking guys out early to protect them, some aren't. Some people are looking tired, some aren't. I think someone really looking at these things hard could do some damage. Not me, obviously, but hopefully the extra variance helps us amateurs.
Haralabob. It's not just the short, compact season that makes things weird; the lockout meant no off-season and shortened training camps and pre-season. The NBA is an ugly product right now.It was stupid for Mike Brown to play any of his starters in the 4th quarter last night.
I don't know what your numbers mean. I have bets on Baltimore +290 and NYG +115. Haralabob. It's not just the short, compact season that makes things weird; the lockout meant no off-season and shortened training camps and pre-season. The NBA is an ugly product right now.It was stupid for Mike Brown to play any of his starters in the 4th quarter last night.
How do you not know what they mean? 2.15 pays 2.15x your bet. So you wager $1, get back $2.15 (including your wager). Same as +115. Yeah, just started following Haralabob. Love his perspective. Seemed like that was something not just being discussed by him, but I haven't seen it too much elsewhere. Lakers are +4.5 on the road against the Magic, whatever that means.