Dannyg's Illness

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Extremely simple formula. I compare bet365's odds to Pinnacle's. When I talk about "equity," I am referring just to the implied percentage return if we assume Pinnacle's lines are perfect.   For e

If SF-Giants game goes to OT Iam flying Danny out to Vegas and betting against him on every game. Hell I may just fire up my bet365 account just to bet yes to OT right now.
Damn me to hell, why didn't I bet the ot
put about 24 units on the over in the late game. moved to over 41.5, at 2.06. Decided not to bet winner because I think the 49'ers will win but have to root Giants for my pool, so it's lose-lose if I bet 49'ers!
did u really put 24 units on the over?
did u really put 24 units on the over?
Yes! I still like the bet, to be honest. Never seen such laughably conservative play-calling, and I think an early-season Jags/Colts matchup had better quarterback play...and it still ended up one score from the over. That was one of the worst football games I can remember watching. The defense was good, but the offenses beat themselves.Anyway, I'll catch up on this thread later - having kind of an insane day. I'm pretty much giving up on tracking the betting though after that debacle. Will probably put the rest of the money in my Pinny account (not much) on the Patriots to cover, and just try to clear off the rest of my bet365 bonus.As a result, today's bets are random, and I'm not trying to keep units even anymore.(3 units) PHX/DAL under 178.5 (2.3)RESULT: -3 units(3 units) Parlay MIN -1.5 (1.74), over 197.5 (1.95) - pays 3.4RESULT: -3 units(4 units) Memphis ML over GSW (2.05)RESULT: +4.2 units(2 units) PHI -13.5 (1.9), under 192 (1.9) - pays 3.64RESULT: +5.28 units(2 units) PHI -14.5 (1.95), under 192.5 (1.95) - pays 3.81RESULT: +5.62 units(4 units) Grand Salami under 33.5 (1.8)RESULT: +3.2 units(1.5 units) SJ Sharks -1.5 over EDM (2.7)RESULT: -1.5 units(2 units) Senators over Kings ML (2.2)RESULT: -2 units(3 units) St. L/DET under 5 (2.15)RESULT: +3.45 units(2 units) Maple Leafs over NYI ML (1.71)RESULT: +1.42 units(4 units) Hurricanes over Jets ML (1.74)RESULT: +2.96 units(4 units) Bjorn Phau over Grega Zemlja (1.03) - was testing something in regards to my bonus.RESULT: +0.12 units(2 units) Parlay - Brown/Zovko over Russell/Van der Merwe and Emmrich/Siljestrom to beat Herbert/Krawietz exactly 2-0 (pays 2.1)RESULT: +2.2 units(3 units) Caroline Wozniacki (1.72)RESULT: -3 units.(1.5 units) Parlay - Georgia Southern -13.5 over The Citadel (2.55), under 132.5 (2.2) - pays 5.61RESULT: -1.5 unitsParlay - Bulls ML, 76'ers ML, OKC ML, SAC ML - pays 7.9RESULT: -1 unit(3 units) Drexel/William & Mary Under 115 (2.6)RESULT: +4.8 unitsParlay - Cincinnati +5, Cincinnati/Syracuse Under 135 - pays 3.8RESULT: -1 unit.Parlay bonuses received: +0.27 units (more to come?)TOTAL: +17.52 units

And now I'm off to wait for the tow truck. Because of course, after last night's debacle, I went out this morning and my car wouldn't start! Roadside assistance comes, starts it, leaves. I drive it around to build up the juice, park, and try to start it again...no go. Gotta be the alternator. So now I'm waiting on the tow truck - dealership says they'll fix it today (car is only 9 months friggin old, everything is under warranty), but not until the end of the day, so I'll have to bus in to pick it up. And of course, I need this done ASAP since...I'm having a baby in a few days!Time spent today:(2 hours) waiting for tow trucks(3 hours) riding on buses(1.5 hours) making arrangements for wife to get to appointment, figuring out car stuff, dealing with tow trucks and dealershipAnd...I'm supposed to be getting a butt-ton of work done because I'm going to be gone for a few weeks. So, I made some bets and typed this. But now I'm going to work. I'll post a full recap of the hilarity that was my betting last night at some point in the future, probably. Feel free to draft up your own mockeries.

And now I'm off to wait for the tow truck. Because of course, after last night's debacle, I went out this morning and my car wouldn't start! Roadside assistance comes, starts it, leaves. I drive it around to build up the juice, park, and try to start it again...no go. Gotta be the alternator. So now I'm waiting on the tow truck - dealership says they'll fix it today (car is only 9 months friggin old, everything is under warranty), but not until the end of the day, so I'll have to bus in to pick it up. And of course, I need this done ASAP since...I'm having a baby in a few days!Time spent today:(2 hours) waiting for tow trucks(3 hours) riding on buses(1.5 hours) making arrangements for wife to get to appointment, figuring out car stuff, dealing with tow trucks and dealershipAnd...I'm supposed to be getting a butt-ton of work done because I'm going to be gone for a few weeks. So, I made some bets and typed this. But now I'm going to work. I'll post a full recap of the hilarity that was my betting last night at some point in the future, probably. Feel free to draft up your own mockeries.
Are you sure you did not leave a light on all night. 9 months old and the vehicle is giving trouble is not good.
Yes! I still like the bet, to be honest. Never seen such laughably conservative play-calling, and I think an early-season Jags/Colts matchup had better quarterback play...and it still ended up one score from the over. That was one of the worst football games I can remember watching. The defense was good, but the offenses beat themselves.Anyway, I'll catch up on this thread later - having kind of an insane day. I'm pretty much giving up on tracking the betting though after that debacle. Will probably put the rest of the money in my Pinny account (not much) on the Patriots to cover, and just try to clear off the rest of my bet365 bonus.As a result, today's bets are random, and I'm not trying to keep units even anymore.(3 units) PHX/DAL under 178.5 (2.3)(3 units) Parlay MIN -1.5 (1.74), over 197.5 (1.95) - pays 3.4(4 units) Memphis ML over GSW (2.05)(2 units) PHI -13.5 (1.9), under 192 (1.9) - pays 3.64(2 units) PHI -14.5 (1.95), under 192.5 (1.95) - pays 3.81
Should I fade?If I do fade and you start winning, you will know why. I broke your jinx.
Are you sure you did not leave a light on all night. 9 months old and the vehicle is giving trouble is not good.
You know these things..I'm sure...but not 100% I guess. We'll just have to see if it happens again.
Should I fade?If I do fade and you start winning, you will know why. I broke your jinx.
Anyone not fading me right now is insane. Although I bet I make money off today's NBA bets : )

Dannyg I actually want you to win but I will always point out a bad bet regardless.The overtime thing is a bad bet unless you take yes and hope to hit paydirt. I would never add a heavy fav on a parlay because it really doesn't boost it that much.I learned a long time ago adding a 1.10 to a parlay does f all. -1000 for those of you in american.

Dannyg I actually want you to win but I will always point out a bad bet regardless.The overtime thing is a bad bet unless you take yes and hope to hit paydirt. I would never add a heavy fav on a parlay because it really doesn't boost it that much.I learned a long time ago adding a 1.10 to a parlay does f all. -1000 for those of you in american.
I always appreciate well-intentioned advice, so thank you. And I agree - adding a heavy favourite onto a parlay is a sucker play. In this case though, I was just having fun with a parlay of all heavy favourites. I think the bets ranged from -2500 to -250. Just wanted a crazy 12-teamer to try to score that 50% bonus lol.
Sev hits the nail on the head on this one.
So my two parlays have all winners so far, with the following to run:Parlay A - risk 1 unit, pays just over 10NYG/SF go to overtime - NOIndiana/LAL, Indiana +12.5, under 186NJ Nets/Charlotte, NJ +2.0, under 200.5 (win/win)COL/ANA over 4.5Parlay B - risk 1 unit, pays like 1.74Andy Murray over Mikhail KukushkinNovak Djokovic over Lleyton HewittSerena Williams over Ekaterina MakarovaTottenham over Wigan (plays on Jan 31st)Yeah...didn't realize the soccer game wasn't until the 31st.
I'm happy to report that the Pacers game went (way) over, so the game going to overtime was not the only one I lost. WHEW. Crazy actually - the Lakers game O/U was like 180, and the game ended up in the high 190's. Could've made some money there : )Also, Serena Williams lost, so my second parlay is done too. I think that was actually the biggest favourite on the whole list - impressive, considering a 12-team parlay paid only 1.74. I think her opponent was about 50-1 to win the match.

Philly parlays gonna be close. Philly up by 20 with 6 minutes left, but total at 169. In a not close game, no way 23 points should be scored in the last 6 minutes, but a few uncontested shots or lazy play and that could get done easily. That'd be a biiiig swing to hit that (or not).

lolol Philly is up 20 but has been stuck at 99 for awhile. Guess if they hit 100, everyone gets free McDonalds. So whenever they miss a shot, people are booing...up by 20! Funny stuff. Ahaha, a 3-pointer just rimmed out, and the whole stadium gasped.Total is now 180...need to avoid 12 more points with just over 2 left.