Deist And Libertarian Defense

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that right is endowed by your Creator!
He explicitly endowed that right upon himself. "I reserve the right..."You could argue that God created existence and/or gave speedz free will, but the statement you made simply doesn't make sense.
They do it all the time, when using their poorly thought out argument that 'if' God exists than He's vengeful and vindictive and not worthy of worship.It's kind of fun, you know, watching them say "Okay God..." then argue they are in a position to judge Him. It really requires a disconnect from logic.
If they come to the conclusion that God exists but he's not worthy of worship, then they are not atheists. You're conflating something accepted for the sake of argument with an actual belief.E.g.:Theist: God is an omniscient, loving being who is described perfectly in the bible.Skeptics: OK, let's accept that the bible describes God perfectly for the sake of argument. The bible tells us that God killed many people for the benefit of the Hebrews or vengeance. How can we explain this behavior from an omniscient being? Theist: We don't know. It's part of God's complex plan.Atheist: I'm not satisfied with that explanation. It seems more likely that the Hebrews invented these stories. I don't believe there is a god, because there is no credible evidence. Even the evidence you've presented contradicts the properties you attribute to god. I don't believe you.Lt. Dan: I believe you. God is an *******, and I choose not to worship him.
So what you're saying is that god gave me the right to judge him, but I shouldn't exercise that right?
You also have the right to put your tongue in a blender....
You also have the right to put your tongue in a blender....
And I don't need a two thousand year old text to know that would be a bad idea. The idea that there is anything in the universe that should not be questioned is incredibly dangerous, and has been known to directly lead to all kinds of suffering.
So your theory is that God lives in outer space? Well then.
No, no, no. Basically time and space have no end, right? Well why is that? Did something create time? Or has it just 'always' existed? How bout space? Does it run out? Can a scientist reach the end of all space and say, ''Here it is! I found the end!". So it was not an anecdote of where God could be found at all. Sorry to squash your argument so quickly over a misread..........Aw, jeez, you suckered me in there again!See? This can go on forever! Meanwhile, what I really want to discuss with you is why you constantly shove aces preflop. But, the fact of the matter is, you guys still don't get it. (Except Spademan and a few others, who I knew would absolutely understand). My first post proved exactly what I was after. Post in the poker section....... get one or two responses, meh....post in this section....instant flame war!! I post from time to time at an art forum called PencilJack, and they have banned all religious and political threads for this very reason. That would be beneficial here as you guys seem to have a knack for arguing the wrong stuff. No wonder membership is in a decline.
This is no more coherent than your first post.Uh, Lieutenant Dan?
My first post, once again, was more or less proving the fact that, while this is may be a poker forum, you guys are too busy spending time and energy arguing over something that we may not know until we die. How much more coherency do you need? We cannot say ''I lay 1000-1 odds that there is/isn't a God'' and ever find out about it during our earthly lives. Well, barring some unforseen rapture like event. Sooo, turns out all these arguments are moot! So, in short, yes, maybe that was a semi-troll post to possibly prod the discussions more towards poker, instead of nonsensical arguements that have no end results. I've seen and read most of the threads prior to this one about the same subject and I ask you, have they ever been concluded or reconciled? Of course not! They've just created more and more tension amongst a group of people who are all on the same team, trying to survive our X number of years on this planet and have a little fun while doing so. Also, as it turns out, there will always be evil out there folks. Whether its due to the fact someone trys to kill you because you dont have the same beliefs they have, you have more land than they do, you have more resources than they, or they are simply genocidal megalomaniacs. Don't blame God, Buddah, the Easter Bunny, or even unicorns that deficate on peoples noggins. So let's play a little poker, drink a little cold beer, and celebrate life and not squabble about issues that we cannot resolve, i.e. the existence of everything and why evil exists. Oh, by the way, all that info I was feeding you guys in the first post came directly from the guy who delivers coffee to our office each week. I felt if I had to hear about it, so did you. I think his scientific research should end with the complexity of coffee, but unfortunately for me, it doesn't. Did you know it has over 1500 chemical substances in it? Or you wanna argue about that too? Please do, so I can have something to fire back at this guy. Thanks for your help.

This wasn't a flame war.Almost all of the regular posters still around don't care about poker. Or, at least, they aren't here for poker.FCP is basically:1. Hockey forum2. Social cliques17. Poker talk

My first post, once again, was more or less proving the fact that, while this is may be a poker forum, you guys are too busy spending time and energy arguing over something that we may not know until we die.
You're right! What a waste of time this is...let's talk poker. What would you like to discuss?
You're right! What a waste of time this is...let's talk poker. What would you like to discuss?
Sorry, I cannot discuss poker strategy with someone who believes that retarded ant larva are equal to human beings.
Ones where you don't blame God?
lol...nice!
No, no, no. Basically time and space have no end, right? Well why is that? Did something create time? Or has it just 'always' existed? How bout space? Does it run out? Can a scientist reach the end of all space and say, ''Here it is! I found the end!". So it was not an anecdote of where God could be found at all. Sorry to squash your argument so quickly over a misread..........Aw, jeez, you suckered me in there again!
Wrong. Scientists have made hypotheses, but nothing has been even close to proven regarding the breadth of space and time (and space-time...). The statement that time and space have no end can only be made as a hypothesis, not as a proven theory.
See? This can go on forever! Meanwhile, what I really want to discuss with you is why you constantly shove aces preflop. But, the fact of the matter is, you guys still don't get it. (Except Spademan and a few others, who I knew would absolutely understand). My first post proved exactly what I was after. Post in the poker section....... get one or two responses, meh....post in this section....instant flame war!! I post from time to time at an art forum called PencilJack, and they have banned all religious and political threads for this very reason. That would be beneficial here as you guys seem to have a knack for arguing the wrong stuff. No wonder membership is in a decline.
Practically nobody thinks about this as a poker forum anymore. What's interesting about the forum is that it attracted people from many different backgrounds and philosophies, so now we have interesting things to talk about once in awhile. Not poker though. And you shove aces preflop hoping to get called. The adage about aces is that you'll either win a small pot (raise, everybody folds) or lose a big pot (slowplay and get postflop action from somebody who has subsequently made a better hand than you). Preflop the worst you can possibly be is about a 4-1 favorite, so you try to get the money in when you're way way ahead. Postflop aces rarely improve, and you can get into a lot of trouble because it can be very tough to fold them when somebody has outdrawn you. That mostly applies to tournaments though, not cash games. Also though, in what sense did "Spademan and a few others...get it?" He has not responded since you posted, and the number of people who seem to have "gotten" what you were talking about is almost certainly less than "a few."
Wrong. Scientists have made hypotheses, but nothing has been even close to proven regarding the breadth of space and time (and space-time...). The statement that time and space have no end can only be made as a hypothesis, not as a proven theory. Practically nobody thinks about this as a poker forum anymore. What's interesting about the forum is that it attracted people from many different backgrounds and philosophies, so now we have interesting things to talk about once in awhile. Not poker though. And you shove aces preflop hoping to get called. The adage about aces is that you'll either win a small pot (raise, everybody folds) or lose a big pot (slowplay and get postflop action from somebody who has subsequently made a better hand than you). Preflop the worst you can possibly be is about a 4-1 favorite, so you try to get the money in when you're way way ahead. Postflop aces rarely improve, and you can get into a lot of trouble because it can be very tough to fold them when somebody has outdrawn you. That mostly applies to tournaments though, not cash games. Also though, in what sense did "Spademan and a few others...get it?" He has not responded since you posted, and the number of people who seem to have "gotten" what you were talking about is almost certainly less than "a few."
Full Contact POKER dot com
And you shove aces preflop hoping to get called. The adage about aces is that you'll either win a small pot (raise, everybody folds) or lose a big pot (slowplay and get postflop action from somebody who has subsequently made a better hand than you). Preflop the worst you can possibly be is about a 4-1 favorite, so you try to get the money in when you're way way ahead. Postflop aces rarely improve, and you can get into a lot of trouble because it can be very tough to fold them when somebody has outdrawn you. That mostly applies to tournaments though, not cash games. Also though, in what sense did "Spademan and a few others...get it?" He has not responded since you posted, and the number of people who seem to have "gotten" what you were talking about is almost certainly less than "a few."
I think the lose small win big is an example of a biased memory. People don't remember winning big pots with AA, because you are supposed to win a big pot. People remember losing big pots or even just only winning a small pot because they had AA and AA is suppose to win big pots. Post flop AA will be an over pair and on most flops that is good enough to commit all your chips. It can also improve to top set and Nut flush. Every poker player with a large sample of hands will have their most profitable hands look something like this. qR_dPAC7T1-hbU79n5Os.pngFolding AA too often post flop is a much bigger mistake then calling too much imo.
Folding AA too often post flop is a much bigger mistake then calling too much imo.
At 100bb, yes. Not so much in deep games, imho.
Wrong. Scientists have made hypotheses, but nothing has been even close to proven regarding the breadth of space and time (and space-time...). The statement that time and space have no end can only be made as a hypothesis, not as a proven theory.
Ok then, that was a contrary statement you made in one sentence. How can a ''hypothesis'' prove it wrong as you say? At best, your reply should be ''hypothetically'' or ''maybe''. It seems very ironic to say a hypothesis is incorrect, that is, until is proven to be false and thoroughly backed by research. Neither you nor I can say that any unproven scientific theory is 100% correct nor incorrect, because it is just that....a theory. Ask any highly knowledgeable or astute scientist where the universe/space/time etc. end and see for yourself. They would have to say ''we think, believe, or it is in our opinion that (insert unproven theory here)". If this is not true, please let me know. Seriously.
Practically nobody thinks about this as a poker forum anymore. What's interesting about the forum is that it attracted people from many different backgrounds and philosophies, so now we have interesting things to talk about once in awhile. Not poker though. you shove aces preflop hoping to get called. The adage about aces is that you'll either win a small pot (raise, everybody folds) or lose a big pot (slowplay and get postflop action from somebody who has subsequently made a better hand than you). Preflop the worst you can possibly be is about a 4-1 favorite, so you try to get the money in when you're way way ahead. Postflop aces rarely improve, and you can get into a lot of trouble because it can be very tough to fold them when somebody has outdrawn you. That mostly applies to tournaments though, not cash games. Also though, in what sense did "Spademan and a few others...get it?" He has not responded since you posted, and the number of people who seem to have "gotten" what you were talking about is almost certainly less than "a few."
I have to disagree with you that nobody thinks of this as a poker forum anymore. There are several enthusiasts still left or beginning to join the ranks here. Myself, Mr. Sparcco (who happens to be a bracelet winner), Cobalt, King James....just to name a few. Heck, if you guys would divert your energy to more poker discussions as opposed to endless presuppositions, then I'm sure we could put the wheel back on the wagon and head off into the sunset. There just might be another poker boom on the horizon just as soon as the DOJ gets off it's keister and makes something happen and FCP might, once again, be the place everybody loves to come to! Unfortunately, I also have to highly disagree with you in regards to always going all in preflop with AA (although I'll caution to say that you are 'wrong' here). Aces should always be played in regards to your posistion, number of players in the pot and left to act behind, the amount of BBs held in said posistions and the amount of BBs you have, the table image of the other players, how much alcohol you've consumed, etc. etc. and can be very profitable without just shoving every single time!! I hardly ever shove AA preflop unless I have very aggressive ''any two cards'' players ahead of me and my stack is less than 20 bbs. However, as an intermediate player, I would try to just narrow down the number of players going to the flop with a nice size 3xbb bet or something and start raking in the dough with those pocket rockets!!......but as Fighter said, this is the wrong section to discuss poker, so I'll end it there. (thanks for the link fighter...I have actually posted in that thread!)And lastly, I'm sure Spademan knew I was just testing the waters not only because he seems to be an intelligent fellow, but mostly because he was probably privy to the fact I told you guys so the very same day!! I stated that my main purpose was to see how many responses I could get a few hours after I posted the ramblings of my coffee delivery guy! Simply put, I have posted in both the strategy and the religion sections and the latter seems to garner way more attention by posters who just want to argue there stance on unproven theories. (Save for Balloon Guy, cause I think he does actually care for people, believe it or not)Tim, don't know where you're from, or what you do, but if we ever run into each other down the road, I'll buy ya a beer and we can just laugh the whole thing off. Deal?
Heck, if you guys would divert your energy to more poker discussions as opposed to endless presuppositions, then I'm sure we could put the wheel back on the wagon and head off into the sunset. There just might be another poker boom on the horizon just as soon as the DOJ gets off it's keister and makes something happen and FCP might, once again, be the place everybody loves to come to!
Why do you assume that's what we want?
Sorry, I cannot discuss poker strategy with someone who believes that retarded ant larva are equal to human beings.
I...don't know what this means. You are incredibly bad at making your points, if you have any. I'm still pretty sure you don't and are being confusing and contradictory (and, in general, dense) on purpose, which I could totally respect.
There are several enthusiasts still left or beginning to join the ranks here. Myself, Mr. Sparcco (who happens to be a bracelet winner)
Hm. I wonder what he'd have to say about this.
I...don't know what this means. You are incredibly bad at making your points, if you have any. I'm still pretty sure you don't and are being confusing and contradictory (and, in general, dense) on purpose, which I could totally respect.
Hmm.. well, I guess I'd be in good company then if that's what you think. But here ya go............
Why do I have more inherant value than an ant? You can't say "intelligence" unless you're willing to say you'd save a monkey over a severely mentally handicapped human. But I'm willing to listen if you've got something beyond that.Do I really think you're equal to an ant? No. But it's pretty damn hard to pin down why when you really dig into it. There are many situations in which an animal's well being should be viewed as more important than a human's, but isn't. And we're using ants, but if you want to be more realistic we could talk about elephants or dolphins...animals that have been shown to be really intelligent, and in many cases any one of them is more important than most humans when looked at objectively in terms of environmental impact, but we still think of ourselves as "greater" than them, to use DA's term.
It should never be hard to pin down how a human life is more important than an ant, or any beast or 'species' as you like to say. But basically, I was kidding with you. All kidding aside, let's just drop it, because as I said, you are only going to grow increasingly tilted (to use a poker term here) and continue to call me confusing, contrary or dense or whatever. Thing is, I dont tilt so it does no good. And I'm relatively new to the forum so forgive me if I get on the wrong side of you guys.
It should never be hard to pin down how a human life is more important than an ant, or any beast or 'species' as you like to say.
Ohhhh. I see, you thought it wouldn't be confusing to reference a post made in a different thread a number of months ago. You're either a very clever joke account, or...
But basically, I was kidding with you. All kidding aside, let's just drop it, because as I said, you are only going to grow increasingly tilted (to use a poker term here) and continue to call me confusing, contrary or dense or whatever. Thing is, I dont tilt so it does no good.
No, I mean, I quite literally have no clue what your angle might be. It's clearly to be annoying, but I feel like there might be a reason why, aside from the obvious. It can't just be that you thought you'd come into the religion forum to show us that talking about god is pointless, so we should talk about poker instead. It just can't.Anyway, you shouldn't confusing what's happening here was anyone on this form "tilting". Nobody here cares one way the another. But now I'm even more sure you're a joke account, due to the use of "tilt".
And I'm relatively new to the forum so forgive me if I get on the wrong side of you guys.
God I want to know what's happening here.