Old Friends On Facebook.

What are your thoughts about Twitter?
Its important for important people to make mini press releases, but the idea that everyone is so important that anyone might want to read their random bullshit, that's going to fade. Hard.
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got rid of facebook as well because too many worlds colliding on the same page. I had my 8 year old cousins as well as my stripper tranny friends on the same page. BTW when you delete facebook you have to do it twice. The first delete is a superficial delete like ya will keep your account going because you will be back.

Nicely done.
But yeah. I guess there's some 'doubt' about whether or not I'm the kind of person who would feel compelled to repost Carebear pictures on the basis of someone associating it with 'true friendship'. The remaining 7 guys on FCP have me totally nailed.
I don't know, the whole thing is kind of dubious to me. I don't think it's a level, I think it's pure bullshit. The idea that you wouldn't be able to figure out that blocking someone's updates is a simple and easy solution seems ridiculous.
I'll need to see a source for this.
Heh.
I bet the percentage of people who shower regularly is much less than 97%.
Well, we'd have to define "regularly". I'm sure less than 50% of the population showers every day, but I'm thinking around 75% for every other.
I got rid of facebook as well because too many worlds colliding on the same page. I had my 8 year old cousins as well as my stripper tranny friends on the same page.
I've turned down any family member who has requested friendship. Then again, I rarely post status updates, so it doesn't really matter for me all that much.

I have 2 Facebooks. My everyday use where most my friends are and my 'work' facebook where I add business partners, customers, etc and nothing ever goes on there.I have unsubscribed to so many people it's not even funny, usually the girls who post picture quotes 20x a day are first to go, holy rollers are 2nd, WAYYYYYYY Right wingers are 3rd even though I keep a few around just to piss off once in awhile.

I started a facebook acct a few years ago and immediately friended a bunch of people and quickly found it wasn't for me. I'm certain those persons I friended thought WTF but I'm equally certain they understood it was because I'm not a facebooker. I don't have a twitter acct and I don't want one. I think I'd like to follow a handful of people like beans, Steve Martin and that 17yr old girl comedic genius but the other static would eventually consume me.

I'll need to see a source for this.
Posts like these keep me on the fence as to who's behind this acct.
Heh.
Oh it's a joke I don't get but at least I'm off the fence!

What's the deal with stores wanting you to like them on FB?Does a convenience store in a small town really need FB likes? Is there any benefit at all for a store or business to have a FB presence?

What's the deal with stores wanting you to like them on FB?Does a convenience store in a small town really need FB likes? Is there any benefit at all for a store or business to have a FB presence?
Sure:"Hey everybody, this is so-and-so store. We're having a sale this week. 20% off blah. Come on down!"If someone wants blah, they'll probably go to the so-and-so store.
Is there any benefit at all for a store or business to have a FB presence?
very small sample size I know, but my poker league has like 150 'likes' and I've gained (to my knowledge) 12 new players from Facebook and anytime we do something special like a bounty or promo I'll hit it up there and attendance is increased at least 10 - 25%not bad for free advertising

yeah ok, I see how that would benefit something like a poker league. I'd totally 'like' your FB page if you know, I did facebook. convenience store, not so much.edit: I think you should always offer a bounty or promo if it helps get butts into seats.

I have a niece on Facebook who posts pictures of how she decorated her fingernails every day. Another niece posts close ups of her face every day. I tolerate them because they are relatives.I am currently using my Facebook for one of the best things it's ever been used for, but I can tell you what because then you'd all want to "friend" me.So instead

I have unsubscribed to so many people it's not even funny, usually the girls who post picture quotes 20x a day are first to go, holy rollers are 2nd, WAYYYYYYY Right wingers are 3rd even though I keep a few around just to piss off once in awhile.
Same. The "woe is me, why can't I find a good man, probably because I post every insane detail about my life on Facebook" 30-something year old girls are first to go, then the holy rollers, and of course the Farmville addicts. Oh, and anyone who has ever posted something in all caps, because it drives me crazy.
Facebook is fun.
So is FaceFucking, but I doubt you want to accommodate everyone...Any game anyone has invited me to and/or asked my to loan them a bale or three of hay has been blocked. Stupidest waste of time, ever.
whats a facebook?
It's a book that colleges give out to their incoming class so students can learn the names of their fellow students.A few years ago, some guys at Harvard made a digital version.
It's a book that colleges give out to their incoming class so students can learn the names of their fellow students.A few years ago, some guys at Harvard made a digital version.
That kid from Zombieland was one of them, I think. Him and Spider-man (not Tobey, the new one). Oh, and the little obnoxious kid from Jurassic Park.
Serious question, not a level.So, a while back, I got a facebook. Worst thing ever, huge mistake but wound up reconnecting with old family members which was a strong positive so I'm basically stuck. I also reconnected with my best childhood friend. She and I were inseparable in my early, tender teen years in spite of being very 'different' as people. Honestly, she was probably nicer to me than any other human being in my life, ever. Flash forward many years, we're now grown up, she has a kid. She's a 'regular' facebooker, so is constantly posting updates. No worries, I'm fond of her so I don't mind reading what's up, but there's a gigantic problem. I am totally appalled by what she's become as a human being. Her outlook on life, the way she's raising her kid, basically, she's one of those hypersensitive blame-whiners. You can see her friends try to imply 'the truth' to her in various responses, but she's so hysterically sensitive about everything in life (a large part of the reason she's the way she is) that she can't take any criticism whatsoever. I have no idea what to do. I guess delete her, but this would be devastating to her and even though I cannot stand the way she carries herself as an adult, she's still an extremely 'kind' person and I have no desire to hurt her feelings. In this vein, I can't lay it out for her, since my 'issue' is with the granite fundamentals of who she is as a person. Ideas?
dont read her posts? stick to the memories you guys had as kids.