2012 Nhl Entry Draft - June 22-23

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was some talk a month or so back about some FCP guys making it down to Pittsburgh to drink for a weekend for the draft. And to drink for the weekend. Let's use this thread for draft talk, trip

My pool! :club: It does look like it's in the neighbors yard though...lolThanks guys, very excited and eager for everything to go smoothly and be moving in by this time next month or shortly after. It's been a process, but the results are looking really good.

I'm excited to see some sports memorabilia/pics/jerseys on the walls :club:
Oh definitely! I'm taking one of the bedrooms as an office and that's the plan...a nice modern decor of framed game-worn jerseys. <grin>
  • 1 month later...
Very nice Adam!!
The house, or the Sabres haul? Both? <grin>Very excited about the G-Men...Darcy done did good tonight. Cannot believe that Grigorenko fell all the way to 12 for us to snap him up...we're going to make teams pay for that. Closing on the house next Thursday, looking forward to all of this being over and my life going back to normal.

Did anyone else think it was really weak that the entire Flyers selection was booed...including the kid who just got drafted, in front of his proud parents, his whole family...I dunno, I get that there's a hot rivalry between these two teams and if you want to boo the GM for a bit in good fun, fine, don't care. But booing the 18 year old kid who is supposed to be having the best day of his life? I dunno, I found it kinda classless.

ya, the booing was stupid. To a point I guess its funny, then it just gets childish.Spent the night at a friends, drinking+eating in his backyard, watching the draft, playing poker. Absolutely perfect night for it. (also got to collect my latest shiny trophy for winning that pool!)The one thing we all agreed on was......Pierre McGuire has got to go. Wow, he wouldn't shut up, and every pick was the best pick/steal/legendary something of the night. I just wish we could have silenced him and let Bob McKenzie do his thing. I cant believe how the fwds fell, especially Forsberg+Grigorenko. Before the Staal trade, I was hoping Carolina would trade for picks 9+10, and then just draft Forsberg+Grigorenko+Toivanen. :club:

Yeah, really annoyed they got Forsberg.Ribiero should be pretty interesting in Washington. He kinda fits in with their recent trend though, tons of skill, but not really the hardest worker, eh? I guess he's a good replacement for Semin? Different skill set, of course, but yeah...

The one thing we all agreed on was......Pierre McGuire has got to go. Wow, he wouldn't shut up, and every pick was the best pick/steal/legendary something of the night. I just wish we could have silenced him and let Bob McKenzie do his thing.
Text I sent to my buddy the Blackhawks fan after they picked Teravainen: "Well, you should be happy...Pierre hasn't stopped sucking this kids schwang since his name was read."His response:"Get off my prospect Pierre!"
so is this like the worst draft for our format ever? all the dmen in the top 10, it's absurd. I didn't even know this was goin on, nor did I care given where the blues picked.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I have no idea who to expect to be there when I pick 7th overall.
  • 3 months later...
Thanks!Almost a full six weeks...my purchase contract was signed by the seller on April 6th and it took until today for their bank to come back and say "yeah, okay". Hang in there...it's a long process.
Will do. Thankfully I'm in no rush or else I would have never pursued this place. As it stands now we have a deal for 20k less than the Zestimate. (if you have been looking at houses enough you'll likely know what that is)Hopefully the bank doesn't think it's too low of an offer though. Next week I'm filling out a mortgage app in order to lock in the interest rate, It's a bit of a gamble as the app is only good for 60 days and there's a pretty substantial fee that I could lose if the bank rejects the offer. Still the bigger gamble would be to assume the interest rate won't go up between now and the time that bank approves the deal. (hopefully)

4+ months later but here we are. The house has 2 mortgage's attached to it. The main bank has been onboard from the beginning. Though they'd be getting every penny they are owed. The 2nd bank is the trouble. They were owed something like 30k and the deal would leave them only with 5k. They never flat out said no but they dragged this out forever. Sometime in June I was going to walk away but there wasn't really anything else that was out there I was interested in. The listing agent went back and forth with the bank and by the end of June it seemed pretty hopeless.

In July they actually started the foreclosure process. When the 2nd bank caught wind of this they finally were willing to consider the deal. I guess they decided 5k was better than nothing. It still took until early September to hear an actual response. They wanted to a sales agreement with a "realistic closing date." We quickly replied with October 15th. It took until September 10th to get the actual approval. Their condition was that we had to close by the end of the month. My agent basically said it's impossible and their only response was that if it went into October they would charge me a month's worth of interest on the loan equal to a few hundred bucks. This was pretty ridiculous but even at this point I wasn't ready to give up. Giving the bank that made us wait all this time even a penny would be rough but not as rough as walking away after all this time. I figured I was either ridiculously patient or stupid to stick with it. I ended up deciding to be patiently stupid.

The inspection was scheduled for Monday September 17th and I was nervous because I had the water scheduled to be turned on the same morning as the inspection. I didn't find out until about 5:30 the Friday before that the gas wasn't turned on either. I tried to scramble to find a way to get it turned on but no luck. I had to wait until Monday morning to reschedule the inspection, water turn on, and to schedule the gas.

From this point on everything has eerily worked like clockwork. The water and gas were turned on Wednesday Sept. 19th in the am and we had the inspection in the pm on the same day. There are some minor things to be done but nothing that would hold up the deal. Basically even with the house being vacant for 5 months it was still in above average shape vs. comparables. The appraisal happened the next day but I didn't even find out until this weekend that it has happened. I received the report today. This part I was nervous about because this it would be where stuff would pop up that would need to be done prior to closing. I was expecting to have to paint the garage doors and shed as well as replace the door leading in from the garage. It turned out that everything was up to minimum code and now I'm cleared to close. We'll see how the rest of the week goes but there's actually a possibility we get this done. Come on dealer ONE TIME!

https://plus.google....=CM2voYCHsM-EHA - Hopefully this link works. The grass looked like that in May but hasn't been cut since. It's a wilderness around the place now.