Ps Changing Vpps

Stars is going to a contribution pegged FPP system, will this change the play?http://www.pokerstars.com/sites/vpp-changes/On January 1, 2012, we will be changing the way VIP Player Points (VPPs) are awarded at our ring game tables.Historically, the VPPs earned in a ring game hand have been split equally between all players that were dealt into the hand. The new method will award VPPs proportionally based on each player's contribution to the pot.The change is illustrated in the example below:Five players participate in a hand of $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em.Pre-flop: Player 1 raises to $6 Player 2 folds Player 3 folds Players 4 (the $1 small blind) calls Players 5 (the $2 big blind) callsPost-flop: Player 4 makes a bet of $9 Player 5 moves all in for $21 Player 1 folds Player 4 calls The remaining cards are dealt, and the $60 pot is awarded to Player 4The pot is $60 in total. Players 4 & 5 contributed $27 each, and player 1 contributed $6. The total rake on this pot is $3, which is worth 16.5 VPPs.Under the old method, all five players would receive an equal share of the points, i.e. 16.5 / 5 = 3.3 VPPs.Under the new method, the VPPs will be awarded as follows: Player 1 contributed $6 (10% of the pot) and so receives 1.65 VPPs. Player 2 contributed $0 (0% of the pot) and so receives 0 VPPs. Player 3 contributed $0 (0% of the pot) and so receives 0 VPPs. Player 4 contributed $27 (45% of the pot) and so receives 7.43 VPPs. Player 5 contributed $27 (45% of the pot) and so receives 7.43 VPPs.

I think the reason that the Dealt Method was used in the early days was just because it was the easiest one to program and implement.I think Weighted Contributed is the "fairest" method and the best method to encourage better games.I'm not sure how much "better" games will be with the change since a lot of things go into good games.I think especially in NL games that most winning players are going to see a reduction in the FPP's that they will get. In Limit games it isn't so sure how much the change will be.I played about 200 hands this morning and the games I was in were great and I actually earned more FPP's than I did on average under the old system. I think the quality of the games I was in was more due to it being at 4AM on New Year's Day as opposed to the new system though.

Meh. I'm not sure what I make of this whole thing. It really sucks for a lot of high volume players and nowhere near the amount of money they'll lose out on will get redistributed amongst more recreational players. Stars is definitely winning with this change. I could see games possibly getting slightly better, a lot of the 24 tabling nits are gonna get crushed with this new system, they'll either have to open their ranges up or quit/go broke.

a lot of the 24 tabling nits are gonna get crushed with this new system, they'll either have to open their ranges up or quit/go broke.
This would be a good thing, more action.