• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loading up on 30y debt at 3.5% is a really nice thought but I don't think it's realistic. the bid-to-cover on 30y is pretty solid but would cease to be if the government were to tweak their balancing just a little, I think. unfortunately most of it is shorter duration, which means we're going to get blasted over the course of the next decade if we're still >100% debt:gdp. it hurts, a lot, to struggle through this, but no matter what the government does, people are still going to be broke from the 2002-2006 sugar high. best-case improves our lot a little bit, worst-case makes the pain far worse and longer-lasting.audit the fed bill passes the housethe dem's response here is pretty much what I'd say. I tend to think the GAO is apolotical but this is the first step in making monetary policy subject to political whim. REALLY not a good thing, basically the opposite of what people like paul want.I asked one of my co-temps, a mid-30s woman, what her education was. "programming" she said. I asked what she was doing at an accounting shop with that background. "when I graduated, it was the dot com bubble, and the programming jobs went away." I mean, obvious, absurd, ridiculous excuse. this was like a month ago. I've been dwelling on it ever since, because **** if I don't see the similarities between her excuse and mine.

The level of economic knowledge of the average Member of Congress is laughably low. The thought that they would set Monetary Policy is scary.