I Heart Caffeine

See this is why I need to just move on to another subject.I am not RAGING at all. Not in the least bit. If my words on the screen somehow show a raging tone then I apologize for that misunderstanding. I just don't like the guy. I don't hate him, I don't want him dead, I don't want him to contract AIDS and die. I just don't like the guy. That doesn't mean that I have an exorbitant amount of emotion about it. Just discussing it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chances are like one in a gajillion that I am right about this because it's so hard to make the nhl. But I just wanted to throw this wild prediction out there now incase this kid becomes a stud in the

Funny story, I'm home for the holidays and my mom asks if I want to go to the spa today for a massage. I'm like sure. She says she knows this place that has cheap massages. We went to this "spa" massa

Wow...you seem to have an IQ that is lower than Britney Spears' IQ. And a sense of humour that could be equated to, say, watching someone hit their hand with a hammer, laughing about it and, only late

See this is why I need to just move on to another subject.I am not RAGING at all. Not in the least bit. If my words on the screen somehow show a raging tone then I apologize for that misunderstanding. I just don't like the guy. I don't hate him, I don't want him dead, I don't want him to contract AIDS and die. I just don't like the guy. That doesn't mean that I have an exorbitant amount of emotion about it. Just discussing it.
Oh my god, am I that bad at conveying when Im joking? Wasnt it incredibly obvious it was a joke....do you also believe Im going to get a Broncos jersey and put God on the back?????:)come on Steve, you know that was me joking, dont you? There's isnt one part of me that thinks your raging, I just used it to make a funny about why I liked Tebow today.

Now I am not a huge Tebow fan but I rather watch a guy like him do well instead of rapists, killers, drug dealers, etc. I would now like to thank the Lord our Saviour.

No its not a real life person..Its a professional athlete , public figure.You remember I also dont like Sidney Crosby, for similar reasons..We are spoonfed(there is that word) by the media and general public people that we have to like these people and worship them.Screw that shit.
I feel like we aren't really spoonfed anything from the media, radios, et cetera.. I don't think the media drives us, but rather we drive the media. They constantly talk about Tebow because that's what the people are talking about. They want to appeal to the masses, so they'll talk about what the majority of people want to hear about. It's the same with music. Radio stations aren't forcing crap down our throats, that'd be silly, they'd lose listeners. They play what people like to hear, and they play more often the stuff that people REALLY like to hear. It's common sense.
I am attempting to steer away from why I dislike Tebow the person. I do think he is a less than average QB but who cares. I don't like people like him. Did you see the 10 minute expose on him on ESPN where they mic'ed him up and you got to listen to him. I did. I don't like people like that. I don't like overly religious people and from what I saw in that and some of his post game interviews, he does kind of push his religion on people. For personal reasons I have a strong distaste for people like that. Not saying it is right or wrong but for me personally, I roll my eyes at people like him for my own reasons I will keep out of this discussion. But take away the hype of the media, I still don't want to be friends with him or someone like him. *shrug*
I'm going to try to make a point/ ask a question hopefully non offensively to you. Is he actually being pushy with his religion? I haven't seen any Tebow interviews, or heard him talk ever, so I really have no idea how he comes across, but I think some people think people are being pushy about religion when they aren't. Him praying after a TD, or thanking God in a response to an interview question isn't being pushy or "forcing his religion" on us. It's just him being open about his own faith. If he was saying we're all heathens and going to hell (yes this is an extreme example but only one I can think of), then yeah that'd be pushy.
Now I am not a huge Tebow fan but I rather watch a guy like him do well instead of rapists, killers, drug dealers, etc.
Speaking of, Im looking forward to an AFC conference matchup of Tebow vs Ray Lewis.
You hate the media hype of Tebow, not actual Tebow.Also: bad Pitt team? 31 passes?Tebow was great yesterday."The knock on Tim Tebow during Denver's six-game win streak this season was that his level of performance didn't match up to his team's win-loss record. That his stats didn't befit a guy who seemed to back into wins on a weekly basis. That he was bound to eventually turn back into an extremely marketable pumpkin. We made that argument here...Well, on Sunday Tebow delivered one of the finest performances a quarterback has delivered in recent memory. Not in some intangible quality — leadership, heart, grit, you name it, whatever — but an actual quantifiably great game. He's delivered that before as a pro, but not as a passer, and not against a fantastic defense. In the wake of Sunday night's remarkable upset, we are here to tell you that Tebow delivered a game as a passer that is worth your respect and then some."
This bugs me a little because of the bolded. That is only true if "recent memory" is defined as "the last week or two." Tebow had a good game. He had several nicely-thrown balls to a receiver who was being covered by his grandfather, Ike Taylor, in single coverage. He played about the same as Eli, and worse than Brees or Stafford the week before. Pittsburgh a "fantastic" defense? Hilarious. Maybe a healthy Pittsburgh. Maybe Pittsburgh in 2009. But to describe Tebow's game that way against Pittsburgh is absolutely ridiculous.My opinion: because of the media hype, it would take very little for me to dislike Tebow. He's under a microscope. Pretty much any bravado or preachiness would make me really dislike him, even if it was stuff other guys got away with, because of the media microscope. I'm rooting for him because he hasn't done ANYTHING annoying. He's religious in the most non-offensive way possible. Like the DJ Vu says, I watch sports, in part, for the unexpected and amazing, and Tebow has delivered those. I'll root for him to keep delivering them. I'll be betting on the Patriots, but a small part of me wants Tebow to keep winning, because it is so fantastic and unexpected.
This bugs me a little because of the bolded. That is only true if "recent memory" is defined as "the last week or two." Tebow had a good game. He had several nicely-thrown balls to a receiver who was being covered by his grandfather, Ike Taylor, in single coverage. He played about the same as Eli, and worse than Brees or Stafford the week before. Pittsburgh a "fantastic" defense? Hilarious. Maybe a healthy Pittsburgh. Maybe Pittsburgh in 2009. But to describe Tebow's game that way against Pittsburgh is absolutely ridiculous.
Did you read the article?
Oh, and I'll take Alabama -2 and/or the Over at 41 if anyone is interested. Up to $20 each.
When considering this wager, anyone should consider that I am eating sausages for dinner that could easily prove to be fatally poisonous. So if I lose and you don't get paid, I'm probably dead.
Did you read the article?
Damnit, no.
Damnit, no.
Alright, i read it, and my opinion is unchanged. Maybe I overstated the parts about Pittsburgh's pass D, but most of it stands. They underestimated Tebow's ability to beat single coverage, which, to the surprise of most of us, he did. They scored 23 points in regulation, and half of Tebow's pass yards were after the catch. He threw a few solid, clean balls while being well protected to a receiver in single coverage. That is not among the best games in recent memory for a QB. It's a good, solid game from someone who no one, including his opponents, expected could do more than heave a few pigeons downfield while hoping for a running game to bail him out.
Oh, and I'll take Alabama -2 and/or the Over at 41 if anyone is interested. Up to $20 each.
Ill take LSU +2...No juice..$20Book it
The line is now 2.5..So you need to lay 2.5 if you like AlabamaI want Lsu +2.5 for $20..This is only for Dannyg
I guess my next question is if you actually watched the game.
Yes. I always watch games involving my grandmother. Just sad to see her get beat on that OT TD.
Booked. I have 'Bama -2.5 for $20. Still taking bets if anyone wants the under.
Yes. I always watch games involving my grandmother. Just sad to see her get beat on that OT TD.Booked. I have 'Bama -2.5 for $20. Still taking bets if anyone wants the under.
Good luck..I really like the over too..
Yes. I always watch games involving my grandmother. Just sad to see her get beat on that OT TD.
I'm pretty sure his first long completion was when he somehow avoided a sure sack and scrambled around a bit before throwing a long, wobbly pass downfield.But it's interesting to me how you try to downplay everything because "they underestimated him" and he was "well protected" and only had "single coverage." It's like it can't be a great game because the degree of difficulty wasn't high enough for you. And yet you also say that Stafford and Brees had better games when they were going up against some of the worst pass defenses in the league. I mean, the Saints pass defense was ranked #30. Do you think the Lions pass defense was better than the Steelers?
Good luck..I really like the over too..
What's the over under?I think you owe me $20 from runthemovers playoff pool (I don't know if we had anything else recently) so wanna go double or nothing on that?I'm just looking for something to bet on tonight's game.
I'm pretty sure his first long completion was when he somehow avoided a sure sack and scrambled around a bit before throwing a long, wobbly pass downfield.But it's interesting to me how you try to downplay everything because "they underestimated him" and he was "well protected" and only had "single coverage." It's like it can't be a great game because the degree of difficulty wasn't high enough for you. And yet you also say that Stafford and Brees had better games when they were going up against some of the worst pass defenses in the league. I mean, the Saints pass defense was ranked #30. Do you think the Lions pass defense was better than the Steelers?
Well if you want to get really analytical, Denver has a much better offensive line than the Saints..IMO..
What's the over under?I think you owe me $20 from runthemovers playoff pool (I don't know if we had anything else recently) so wanna go double or nothing on that?I'm just looking for something to bet on tonight's game.
Ok..I have over 41.5..You have under..Good luck

Arp,Sorry, so used to the angry Steve stuff that I get touchy when I am not trying to play that character. Ray,When I say he is being pushy that doesn't mean I think he is trying to converter and America through interviews. On the Espn thing we get to see him sitting on the bench singing songs about how great god is. Or going u to coaches and teammates singing "god is great" after a good play and such. That seems pushy and down right creepy to me. Doesn't mean anyone else has to feel creeped out by it but I do. There are post game interviews where he goes into these diatribes about starving kids that just makes me find him a little bit off at times. We get it, shut up and play football. I will get my sermon from church not from a qb and a poor one at that.

Well if you want to get really analytical, Denver has a much better offensive line than the Saints..IMO..
You watch a lot of line play during games? Here's a link.It has New Orleans as the 3rd best pass blocking offensive line while Denver is 29th.Edit: NO is also ranked the best run blocking unit, so they might be the best offensive line in the whole league.
Ok..I have over 41.5..You have under..Good luck
Thanks, GL to u as well. Isn't this the game was 6-3 last time? Still, 41 is a low total relatively speaking.At least I have a rooting interest now in the game.