• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuck.   Just use your fucking staff, which you are extremely proficient with, to, like, fucking gently push the ambling fucking mindless fucking zombie away from the guy. Why the fuck would you inst

If you didn't like last night you should stop watching the show cause it ain't getting better than that

I'm hoping the baby dies in utero and it eats/rips/gums its way out of her. That would be the most awesome zombie attack EVER.
Dude...that's just fucking awesome. I nominate you for head writer of this show, effective immediately.
Thought that too but saw a post on reddit pointing out: Shane didn't know Randall would reanimate and go wandering. He needed Rick's body to be close to Randalls body so his story seemed more plausible
i guess that could makes sense. except that clearing didnt appear to be anywhere near where he killed randal. he killed randal in the woods, that was in a wide open clearing. i dont know. i'm sure the writers have their reasons, it just seemed odd in the moment. not like i'm going to stop watching or anyhting. if i made it through this season, season 3 should be a breeze.

jesus christ that scene with Andrea where the hooded man saved her, and he had two zombie torso thraws chained behind him. That is literlaly my favorite scene in this entire show so far, it was such a WTF moment.

You have another WTF moment coming regarding that scene, but I'm not going to spoil it for you. <grin>

It seriously cracked me the fuck up when they finally peeled away from the farmhouse never to return. After all that panicking about the house getting overrun by walkers it was literally the only structure on the property left completely untouched.

This show is so much better when it's about zombie fighting as opposed to the soap operatic bullshit and whining. The first 20 minutes were the best of the entire run of the show to date.

it is shocking how terrible lori is. the writers need to kill her off in shame.and the rest of those ungrateful dbags. like any of you do anything but sit around and bitch and complain. rick may be slow to kill, but at least he is doing something.

The Ricktatorship should be interesting. Over all this was a disappointing season. So many filler episodes and content. I'll be happy to see the show move along, and if it's going in a more surreal and bad ass direction ( which would be amazing) then I'd be happy.

they were saying what lori was showing was remorse. I did not get that in the slightest bit. it looked like revulsion to me.
if that was written to show remorse then she needs to be fired cause she sucks as an actress. she had a look on her face like she was disgusted by rick in that moment than anything ever. like he killed 5 newborns and raped a little girl.

The actress that plays Lori was good in Prison Break - in the comic Lori has a lot of personality flaws (not likable at all) so from that standpoint, she's nailing the TV role.But yeah, I thought revulsion for sure and I couldn't figure out why since Rick explained that Shane went after him first. Remorse makes more sense but I'll agree that she didn't sell that at all.

The actress that plays Lori was good in Prison Break - in the comic Lori has a lot of personality flaws (not likable at all) so from that standpoint, she's nailing the TV role.
Yeah, I'm halfway through the second season and she's very good in that show. I tried to read the comic and could only get through the first book, unfortunately. She's pretty uber-hateable in Walking Dead, so it must be on purpose.

jesus christ that scene with Andrea where the hooded man saved her, and he had two zombie torso thraws chained behind him. That is literlaly my favorite scene in this entire show so far, it was such a WTF moment.

Yeah, that was pretty great. That, uh, that wasn't a man, right?
it is shocking how terrible lori is. the writers need to kill her off in shame.and the rest of those ungrateful dbags. like any of you do anything but sit around and bitch and complain. rick may be slow to kill, but at least he is doing something.
Seriously. Just so many awful people. And why was everyone freaking out because Rick didn't tell them that they might be infected? Ok, now you know...and? This changes what exactly?
they were saying what lori was showing was remorse. I did not get that in the slightest bit. it looked like revulsion to me.
It was revulsion. If it was remorse you don't do the whole "get away from you sick bastard" thing that she was doing. Pretty sure she was the one who told Rick he should probably go ahead and straight murder him, but I guess she wasn't happy that he told her it was really only in self-defense that he killed him. She just couldn't believe he's not the man's man that Shane is. Or something. God, I hate her. Luckily Carl takes right after her. It was decent of her to finally realize her son was missing.
HahaSo there was 10 of them at the end, right? Not counting Andrea. Two on the motorcycle. You can't squeeze eight into that little mini-SUV? I mean, I can understand not wanting that on a road trip, but when the choice is sitting on someone's lap or camping out in zombie-infested woods, I'll do a little lap-sitting.Also:InfiniteHerschel.jpg
Yeah, that was pretty great. That, uh, that wasn't a man, right?
Don't think so.
So there was 10 of them at the end, right? Not counting Andrea. Two on the motorcycle. You can't squeeze eight into that little mini-SUV? I mean, I can understand not wanting that on a road trip, but when the choice is sitting on someone's lap or camping out in zombie-infested woods, I'll do a little lap-sitting.
Yeah, I was also confused about that. I've fit more than that in my car, and that was just because everyone else was drunk. No zombies or anything.
InfiniteHerschel.jpg
Haha.Was that building/complex at the end supposed to be anything in particular?I reread World War Z while on break. Such a great book...I wish more of the zombie-fighting strategy was incorporated into this show.Lastly, I had an extremely intense zombie dream last night. Usually my zombie dreams mostly consist of me running around, lopping off zombie heads with a badass sword. This one, however, was a very realistic portrayal of what you might find in the early stages of a complete zombie takeover. The two things I really remember are going to an airport to try to get out of the country and being involved in the airport being overrun and shut down, and then escaping with a group to a mansion, which was then attacked as well. I think I was about to die at the end, trapped in the house by a huge swarm. It wasn't fun.
A prison is a good spot...could be fun to watch them go in and clear it of walkers. Of course, once they move in it'll get really boring again.
I think next season will be fine. it just took a few episodes to undo all of the shitty stuff they wrote themselves into in part 1 of season 2.
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching through the second season a couple of days ago. I don't typically go for zombie stuff, but I felt the first season was definitely the pinnacle of the genre and compelling enough to keep me watching.I was angry and sad about the Shane-Lori relationship when it was presented, but I eventually somewhat forgave the characters for it. I had hoped that Lori would've told Rick about it earlier, but I guess Rick's constantly figuring out what's going on before anyone tells him.As for the farm stuff, I concur that Maggie's quite attractive. Glenn is quite likable. I kind of liked Dale and was sad to see him drop. Andrea was kind of evil there for a bit during the suicide advocate episode. Lori's extremely unlikable. Carl's a freaking idiot. They surprised me with the Sophia twist, but I kind of picked up on the "everyone's infected" bit when they saw those guards without bites. Most of the quibbles with the show are ones that y'all already talked about.I actually didn't mind the farm stuff too much since I spent most of my life in Georgia. I liked the familiarity. One thing that I haven't seen anyone mention but that has really endeared me to the show...the everpresent sound of the bugs during the summer. Sounds just like that.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So I rewatched the first epissode today and I realize that I hated Lori even before she ever appeared on screen just from the opening convo between Shane and Rick about marital issues.

I legitimately LOL'd when Lori was sniping headshots on zombies 15-25 feet away with a snubnose .38 through a chainlink fence. She'd be lucky to be hitting the zombie, much less his head.

First episode where Carl didn't wander off and get lost, and where he wasn't completely unbearable. Coincidence? I think not. The cute blonde daughter's days are clearly numbered, all the signs are there pointing to her impending doom.

I hate Rick's "bull in a china shop" means of problem resolution. His tactics suck. Would make so much more sense to pick off the zombies through the fence by simply attracting them to a safe area rather than putting your strongest "soldiers" in harm's way out in the open, but of course that makes for better TV. He does it again clearing the prison...go barreling into blind turns with minimal defenses in front of you rather than attracting the hoard into a killzone which would be so easy.