I really love Asian Col Sanders and the tall bald dude that cooked the 200 steaks on the grill a couple weeks ago... is his name Tye? I don't know, but I like him a lot. I also like the other asian dude from Austin that won the quickfire. I actually also really like the asian girl that Fat Bitch hated.
I agree with all of this, plus I really like the girl from Wisconsin.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The previous episode was great, with the Wicked Witch of the West getting melted. This episode was pretty okay too - every episode should be 90 minutes long! Really glad ACS didn't go home obviously. He was a bit of a dick during the episode ("Is she dead?") but I still love him.Last Chance spoiler:

And Nyesha is still kicking ass.

Was that really "Top Chef" caliber food. Seemed like at best it was average BBQ. Nearly Zero effort to think outside the box. At least the one team did some Asian flavors, but for the most part that was the most mundane meal I've ever seen on TC. Do they REALLY need to make them cook for 300 people in every challenge?

Was that really "Top Chef" caliber food. Seemed like at best it was average BBQ. Nearly Zero effort to think outside the box. At least the one team did some Asian flavors, but for the most part that was the most mundane meal I've ever seen on TC.
Yeah, but it was the challenge that was the problem, not the chefs. One night to make BBQ for 300 is pretty rough. It's a very specific skill, and in that environment you really can't get too creative. That said, they obviously didn't even do the simple stuff well.
Do they REALLY need to make them cook for 300 people in every challenge?
Yeah, this is the main problem. Hopefully subsequent challenges will get away from the catering crap.

If I was a fat chick watching this season of Top Chef, I'd be pretty pissed at the horrible representation I've been getting. The judges did make a fair point...I don't think the contestants are judged on how long the line is at their station. This isn't restaurant wars, where service matters. If your food is better cut to order, cut it to order.

If I was a fat chick watching this season of Top Chef, I'd be pretty pissed at the horrible representation I've been getting. The judges did make a fair point...I don't think the contestants are judged on how long the line is at their station. This isn't restaurant wars, where service matters. If your food is better cut to order, cut it to order.
They say that, but then if the line was all backed up and people were pissed off they probably would hold it against them. This is why I don't really understand the restaurant wars episode.... why should these chefs be able to handle service? They are chefs.
They say that, but then if the line was all backed up and people were pissed off they probably would hold it against them.
True, they're kind of screwed either way, but in that situation I think you make the food as good as possible.
This is why I don't really understand the restaurant wars episode.... why should these chefs be able to handle service? They are chefs.
Well, they do have to work with service people. And usually when a team is hurt by service it's more about food coming out late and/or cold, not "the host was sweaty and nervous", and having the food out on time and perfect is definitely part of a chef's job.
Well, they do have to work with service people. And usually when a team is hurt by service it's more about food coming out late and/or cold, not "the host was sweaty and nervous", and having the food out on time and perfect is definitely part of a chef's job.
True. I guess its mostly that "front of the house" person I am referring to.
True. I guess its mostly that "front of the house" person I am referring to.
Yeah, it's silly to have a chef used as the host/hostess, especially when sometimes they go home for it.

I was surprised who went home. I really thought Chris Jones was gonna go home. (Sorry don't know if we have made up a name for him or not) Glad to see big tits korea get vindication and win out. Damn is sarah becoming the new rachel? Both her and Lindsey were just too damn bitching in this past episode.

Nyesha is not a woman to piss off. She goes for the throat. Taking the chick she couldn't stand just so Ty-Lor couldn't have her was crazy. The remaining chefs are gonna trip out when she comes back in the show.

Pretty good season so far. Kinda liked Ty-lor, sad to see him go when there are others who i'm not fond of. Pretty shocked that no one has nick named Chris Jones "Steven Seagal" because of his stupid ass pony tail thing. I cant wait for him to go home, so that he can be re-united with his boyfriend co-worker Richie Mohawk. Also, can't wait for Sarah to go home as well.I'm rooting for Paul to win.

I'm rooting for Paul to win.
Yeah, he's the easy favorite, in terms of both ability and personality. I also like the brunette girl...I forget her name. Not the bitchy fat one, not the shrill skinny blonde one, not the asian one. The other one.
Yeah, he's the easy favorite, in terms of both ability and personality. I also like the brunette girl...I forget her name. Not the bitchy fat one, not the shrill skinny blonde one, not the asian one. The other one.
Grayson. I don't think she's experienced/talented enough to win the whole thing, but she's been pretty impressive overall, especially for her age.

I would have wagered half way through the meal that they weren't going to send anyone home. I think bit tits asian mcgee got sent home because of past failures and not this dish. If you strictly went of their comments, I though Grayson should have gone home. But in reality, nobody should have gone home.

I would have wagered half way through the meal that they weren't going to send anyone home. I think bit tits asian mcgee got sent home because of past failures and not this dish. If you strictly went of their comments, I though Grayson should have gone home. But in reality, nobody should have gone home.
They never show all the deliberations though. If Bev's sauce really was pretty off, that would have been enough to send her home. Grayson's seasoning was a bit off, I guess (plus the random foie), but she dominated in terms of presentation and embracing the challenge. Bev was timid in terms of the "evil witch" theme, and her dish had to be perfect to get past that, which it wasn't.

It blows that Nyesha got so screwed...really, someone who should have been top five AT LEAST had to go home because in a double-elimination challenge her partner undercooked their meat. Not even anything to do with the dish, a simple problem with execution that she had nothing to do with. Silliness. It'll be funny if and when Bev comes back to the competition though.

Bev's dish could have been used on any challenge all season. I think she was the easy choice. There was a theme, and she half assed it compared to everyone else. When you're splitting hairs, the theme is an easy tiebreaker.

It blows that Nyesha got so screwed...really, someone who should have been top five AT LEAST had to go home because in a double-elimination challenge her partner undercooked their meat. Not even anything to do with the dish, a simple problem with execution that she had nothing to do with. Silliness. It'll be funny if and when Bev comes back to the competition though.
agree really bummed to see Nyesha gone. Bev has really come on very strong.
Phew, that was close, I thought ACS was gonna go.
Yeah, I was pretty positive...it really sounded like his stuff was worse. I really enjoyed the chicken salad vs. meatball conversation. It was great watching Tom realize he sounded kind of silly.
Yeah, I was pretty positive...it really sounded like his stuff was worse. I really enjoyed the chicken salad vs. meatball conversation. It was great watching Tom realize he sounded kind of silly.
Yeah, Grayson kinda owned that discussion. I like her more each ep. She was cursing like a sailor, talks to everyone. Seems like she'd be fun to have around. And seckshually.