• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! Also, they just about doubled the number of contestants. I hope it doesn't get too silly with pointless eliminations for failing at ridiculous tasks.

Top Chef: Texas is the upcoming ninth season of American reality television series Top Chef and was filmed in various cities in Texas, including San Antonio, Dallas, and Austin. The season is scheduled to premiere on Bravo on November 2, 2011. This season of Top Chef features a much larger number of contestants than any previous season; 29 chefs will take part in the competition.[1]This season will also introduce a new competition to the series; in addition to the Quickfire and Elimination Challenges featured in televised episodes, the Last Chance Kitchen will allow eliminated contestants to compete head-to-head in a series of webisodes, with one eventually returning to the main competition. The webisodes will be available on Bravo's website.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Chef_(season_9)

I hate how they edited the first show. It was totally confusing to the viewer. I'm not even sure how big the final group is, and they don't even make it clear who were in the groups and how they were chosen. Very disappointed in the producers.That being said, I like the contetants, they have a good group. I'm also happy Emirol is a part of it.

I agree that it was weird and a bit frustrating. It seems like the people who went first and second had a huge and unfair advantage over those who are going third next week, cuz they already said yes to 11 people I think. And there's 4 on the bubble. I do kinda like that they have to compete to even make it to the competition, but I don't like how they're doing it. I also agree that it seems like there's some cool/interesting/talented contestants, although there's also a whole bunch who we haven't even met yet. I hope Asian Col. Sanders gets in, just because.

anyone notice the rack on the asian chick? the pic of her in the wedding dress was pretty nice.Ah the start of top chef and the much awaited names that we come up for them. Yeah do agree that the first show was a bit confusing. Waiting till this upcoming show to really get an idea of who is who.

I didn't watch the first two episodes, just last night's...let me know if you think the first two are necessary viewing. Maybe that's why I think it's too early to create power rankings.Between getting frozen shrimp (although, yeah, the other chefs should have stopped him) and making that piece of shit enchilada, Keith seemed to deserve to go home. That said, the fat chick is a fucking bitch and I hope she gets the boot very soon.

Agree with all that. I would say you don't have to watch the first two episodes. It wont hurt, but not necessary.I have a feeling he also went home because he had the worst pedigree. Did you hear how they talked about the others? She is a protege of so and so, or she works at a certain high end restaurant. I think they didn't send the bald dude home because he is a really good chef and they want to see more from him. But it seemed that he made a crappy cop out fritter.I really like that they are attracting some really top notch chefs the last few seasons.BTW, is it just me or does Padma look even better, since the baby? It's like she busted her ass in the gym to lose all the weight and got more toned along the way.

http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/season-9/last-chance-kitchenKeith Law linked this, although it was probably advertised. Something new this year, and apparently none of the chefs know about it, which is kind of cool.I liked the episode. Definitely a lot of talent there. All of the rattlesnake dishes even looked pretty solid, and the ones on the bottom were more for lack-of-snake instead of tasting terrible. I thought it was a good sign. I'm terrible at coming up with nicknames, but the sooner you guys can get on that, the better.
I have a feeling he also went home because he had the worst pedigree. Did you hear how they talked about the others? She is a protege of so and so, or she works at a certain high end restaurant. I think they didn't send the bald dude home because he is a really good chef and they want to see more from him. But it seemed that he made a crappy cop out fritter.
Conspiracy theory already? Really?Come on. The guy bought frozen cooked shrimp and made a sloppy looking flour tortilla enchilada covered in shredded cheese. I can get something more imaginative than that pretty much anywhere. At least the fritter thing looked professional and the guy had a mild excuse for why it wasn't particularly impressive.
BTW, is it just me or does Padma look even better, since the baby? It's like she busted her ass in the gym to lose all the weight and got more toned along the way.
She does look great. At she can spit "motherfucking" with the best of 'em.
Kimbo Slice just got cut.
Heh. Our first nickname and it's useless.

I didn't mean to imply it was a conspiracy. I'm also not saying he shouldn't have gone.True enchiladas are not traditionally done with flour, but they can be, and guess what, they are delicious if done right. I never heard them say his food didn't taste good (maybe they did, but I missed it).Basically what I am saying is, if it was a toss up, he was going because of those factors (at this point in the competition).

True enchiladas are not traditionally done with flour, but they can be, and guess what, they are delicious if done right. I never heard them say his food didn't taste good (maybe they did, but I missed it).
True, I didn't hear flavor complaints either. But even if flour tortilla enchiladas can be good for the east coast palate, you can't do that at a Mexican family's party.
Basically what I am saying is, if it was a toss up, he was going because of those factors (at this point in the competition).
I still think that's untrue. You could just as easily argue that they'd go with the underdog, expecting more from someone with a good pedigree.
Our first nickname
Asian Col. Sanders! He didn't get a lot of camera time this episode, but was heavily featured in the first 2, bubbling his way in to win one of the last spots. I think Hugh Acheson was a great choice as a semi-permanent judge (it seems like him and Emeril will trade off). He was very entertaining as a contestant on Masters. And he's still rocking that amazing unibrow.

Kimbo Slice is a finalist for a James Beard award. It's not like they found him in a rundown shack selling crab cakes on the side of the road.

Kimbo Slice is a finalist for a James Beard award. It's not like they found him in a rundown shack selling crab cakes on the side of the road.
Yes, but is looks like they did.Also, Asian Colonel Sanders is a good name, and I liked how he came off in the 1st/2nd episode, whichever one he was in. Chuy is the Mexican guy that kind of led the winning team, I liked him too. I'm not sure a nickname is really necessary for him.
  • 2 weeks later...

That was an okay Toyota Sienna. Oops, I meant to say that was an okay episode.I've never imagined that anyone could dislikes raspberries to the extent that they make a point of mentioning it. And it's not like they were the dessert house. That bitch must hate raspberries. Some of those people (the homeowners) were just the worst.Asian Col. Sanders: I can't compute that someone with that kind of elegance is telling me that I should cook gummi bears. azncolsandrs.jpg

That was an okay Toyota Sienna.
Heh. Chuy just wasn't going to go far regardless, but I was surprised that the cupcake dessert didn't get booted.As for Last Chance Kitchen, I think that's the only Top Chef challenge I've ever seen that I could actually win...I'm KIND OF AN EXPERT at getting a perfect medium rare on a steak. I'd go simple salt & pepper, and like Keith I throw some butter on the top while it rests. And what the **** was Chuy doing getting rid of the best part of a ribeye?