Flintsword Qualifies For Wpt Prague In December

I know Gibler is playing this as well.
Harrison Gimbel (better known to us as Gibler321) is playing today, Day 1B, on table 11 seat 2. He started w 30,000 and two hours in he clearly has 45,000 so nice start! :club: .The tournament director just announced that the WPT Prague has just passed 550 players, a new record for a European World Poker Tour. I have a photo of Harrison and will post it as soon as figure out how to put it on this forum lol (I get asked for a URL but it is on my computer hard drive ...).Go Harrison!I have alerted the press desk so he will get the attention he deserves.

Well, I played 99% of Day 1A and it was tough as hell.Starting play at 2pm, there is nothing like busting out at 1:45am (when the tournament wraps at 2am) to make you drop into a 12 hour sleep that only dynamite could rouse you from. I am awake now for the recap.I was given a tough table, sure, but they were all pretty tough tables. In the four seats to my right I had UK poker pro Daniel Carter and WPT Vienna 2011 Champ Dimitri Gowmow as well as another Aggro Russian reraiser which quickly pointed out a major flaw in my game: what is my strategy for four-betting because half the hands at this table were 3-bet reraises :jh Everyone started with 30,000 chips and with 270 players in Day 1A it was clear that we were all playing till 2am. As I pointed out to a friend in the tournament "Well, that's what we are here for" and settled in for the long term.Testing the waters at my tables is like testing the waters at the Mandelay Bay Shark Tank: dip a toe in and lose a toe :ts and a few hours later I found myself at 27,000 and a better appreciation of the intense reaction of the table to raises. It is clear they were reraising light so I was able to chip up.There is always a hideous hand that you are ashamed to even talk about but I find hands like this the most educational. I folded a hand on the basis of a read I had that I was facing a set or two pair but it should not have mattered AND the more I think about it, the more I am moving to the conclusion that my opponent bullied me into folding the better hand.UTG I raise w A :DK :club: and get reraised by a MP player. I call and the flop is 9 :ts7 :4hA :5c to give me the nut flush draw, top pair, top kicker ... in other words, an ideal flop. I check to the reraiser, who bets and I make a horrible mistake :3h by just calling instead of raising him all-in. I mean ... "What more do I want! :qh I would fold on the turn to an all in bet by the reraiser. After that hand it took me a cycle of bad cards to calm down vowing to no longer get pushed around by this table.I then got a real life example of how little one player thought of my poker. I four-bet all in from the button w AKo 3xPot and get called :5c by the reraiser with T7s ... I doubled up as I faded the guy's hunt for six outs :4h . I was the tightest player at the table for sure so it can only be a general contempt since he lost 75% of his stack in that adventure.The most interesting hand was when an EP player made a small raise (2 x BB) when I was in the BB holding J :jh8 :D ... It was Level 5 (150/300 ante 25) so he purposely gave me great odds to see a flop. Before I give you the flop, understand that at the WPT level "there is no such a thing as a free ride" and I was quite certain he has a serious hand, maybe even AA. I called (of course :club: ) and the flop came K :D9 :DT :3h ... in short, a perfect flop. I checked to the raiser who bet out. Given my decision to no longer get pushed around by this table + the flop texture, I reraised all-in. If indeed I was right and he had AA, I would accept a call and sleep well tonight because you cannot wait for the nuts. He did call, he did have A A and I hit one of my 15 outs (OESD + flush draw) on the river, a 7. This took my stack to about 50,000.A few hours later I tangle with Dimitri on another :qh reraise. I four-bet his reraise with KK. The flop was J T K ... great but this kind of flop can hit us both, so I ship my stack in. He folds two Queens face up and I show my KK as a courtesy. This is an interesting hand that I am going to be thinking about for some time.The blinds and antes take their toll over the hours with few cards available to make moves with and half the table gets busted out.At 12:30am the table gets broken and the new table is less crazy. Unfortunately at 1:45am I reraised on the button with TT and the SB AA took me out.What a great tournament and a lot of fun to play.There is a great thread on pocketfives about my time there.Thanks for all the encouragement. Any comments, positive or negative on the hands mentioned is appreciated, of course.

gg Ives nice try, you will get it in again I am sure