Offical Sunday Thread

Thanks, pretty sure Cobalt is correct, however I do kind of like the flat option as weird as it sounds. My image would definitely be tight and hopefully competent. I hadn't been caught in any dumb spots.

If I flat after the previously tight aggressive way I'd been playing I think it confuses the OR, who seemed to be a decent player, and he's very likely to fold on a lot of flops vs not if I shove. It is a pretty weird play but I do really think I like it. With the protected pot decent players seem to play fairly straight forward so in this spot there is an excellent chance OR just checks the flop giving me a chance to fire a bet if the flop gives me any decent equity. Yep I like it, but I'd love to hear counter arguments.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Playing the $100 on ultimate poker, lfg!

I like the 3bet, leaves room to fold if we get 4bet.

Playing some stuff today and doing my best to ignore the Jubilee celebrations.

UGH... Sorry, I misread the UTG+1 raise amount, thought it was 560k and the decision was for your stack. My bad.

A fold here would be weak, shove, raise or flat, it's not a spot where I would flat and I flat more than everyone I know... I would shove in this spot.

Personally I wouldn't flat here because of stack sizing and position before shoving the flop. I don't like the differences in stack sizes after a double up of flatting and missing vs folding.

If you're playing a stop and go (which I don't mind at all) I prefer a min raise 3 bet pre... for similar reasons as your flatting.

(I was only using UTG+1 to describe the player as the raiser, not to define his range.)

Okay let's do this:

Playing the Revolution 100K and other assorted tournaments and all the O.S.S. tournaments on WPN including the $150K.

Good luck to everyone who'd playing.

Cashed for $99.02 in the ladies $55 got in via a $5.50 Sat

made a bad play , had JJ in BB utg shoved 11k with 44 button calls with AQ, I should have shoved there but also flatted which was bad as I was getting it in regardless. I seen the button fold to my shoves previously which makes no sense to flat like I did oh well learned

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/1828289_FE9ABCFDE5

GG Rose and yeah you definitely should have shoved there, that should be an automatic shove with under 20bb. I mean with that action you could argue for a fold but it's definitely either fold or shove. Even with 30+ bb it's a shove or fold. I doubt seriously I'm folding that in that spot.

AQ is never folding there if she has a brain in her head, she's getting 3.4:1 on a call so she only needs 23% equity for a call to be profitable. If you're shoving thinking she's folding she isn't. I'm calling there with anything I flatted the shove with and so is anyone else with a clue.

UGH... Sorry, I misread the UTG+1 raise amount, thought it was 560k and the decision was for your stack. My bad.

A fold here would be weak, shove, raise or flat, it's not a spot where I would flat and I flat more than everyone I know... I would shove in this spot.

Personally I wouldn't flat here because of stack sizing and position before shoving the flop. I don't like the differences in stack sizes after a double up of flatting and missing vs folding.

If you're playing a stop and go (which I don't mind at all) I prefer a min raise 3 bet pre... for similar reasons as your flatting.

(I was only using UTG+1 to describe the player as the raiser, not to define his range.)

Wait... You would either have to flat/fold/shove here correct? You're not deep enough to try to 3-bet here, and even if you did, you would be giving UTG+1 a cheap look at the flop. You would have to shove any flop, because folding after a 3-bet being so short would be just pissing chips away, correct?? Unless UTG+1 is in auto mode, he would recognize this PF, and would know that you are shoving at the flop, so wouldn't he take a cheap flop look? Makes his decision making easier here. Just seems like a bad FPS to me.

Yeah 3 betting here would look beyond stupid. In just the right situation we might can flat but shoving is the best way overall to play this hand.

As for today, it's been beyond brutal. Couldn't get a hand or win a flip. So far only had 3 min cashes but working on some late night turbos for a day saver since I'm about $700 in the hole for the day :-(

My one highlight of the day...

1gr4if.png

Wait... You would either have to flat/fold/shove here correct? You're not deep enough to try to 3-bet here, and even if you did, you would be giving UTG+1 a cheap look at the flop. You would have to shove any flop, because folding after a 3-bet being so short would be just pissing chips away, correct?? Unless UTG+1 is in auto mode, he would recognize this PF, and would know that you are shoving at the flop, so wouldn't he take a cheap flop look? Makes his decision making easier here. Just seems like a bad FPS to me.

I was saying IF you are doing a stop and go blind flop shove in this spot, I would prefer to minraise 3 bet rather than flat calling, before shoving the flop. If you're flatting to make a decision on the flop then that's different.

I said my preference was shove, but DD was making a case for stop and go flat call.

DD I fully support weird play, especially at a final table.

If I'm the OR here and a guy in the sb min 3 bets me with 8bb behind and I have any kind of a hand, which assuming I opened UTG I do, I'm 4 betting him all in. If one of the few times the guy shows up with AA or KK so be it but most of the time that's not the case. If we're stop n going here, which is okay imo we stop n go we don't 3 bet or shove that's not a stop n go.

Even on WPN there are way too many good aggressive regs to do too much goofy stuff and get away with it. The reason I like a stop n go here or just flat evaluate is that coming from me in this spot, if the guys has been paying attention at all, is that it's going to look scary because I'm almost always shoving in this spot as I've previously shoved in other spots at this FT.

Today totally sucked btw, ended with a final table in the $33 3K turbo on Revolution for an 8th place finish when my AJs lost to K8o. UGGG! Sundays are so fun!

Not a Sunday tournament but not worth a separate thread.

I shipped the $44 $4K O.S.S. (was actually 8K) on WPN tonight. I had this hand I wasn't too sure about, KQ seems to give me fits...

This guy is competent but he seemed to be staying out of my way at this final table. This is the first time he's shoved on me and he wasn't doing it much at all. I tend to think he's fairly tight here. It was for 1/2 my stack and with the exception of the guy in UTG I had a decent edge over the other players. So call or fold?

Winning Poker Network - 4,000/8,000 NL - Holdem - 6 players

Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 103,130.00

SB: 170,527.00

BB: 114,159.00

UTG: 178,820.00

MP: 260,280.00

Hero (CO): 213,084.00

SB posts ante 1,000.00, BB posts ante 1,000.00, UTG posts ante 1,000.00, MP posts ante 1,000.00, Hero posts ante 1,000.00, BTN posts ante 1,000.00, SB posts SB 4,000.00, BB posts BB 8,000.00

Pre Flop: (pot: 18000.00) Hero has K:club: Q:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 16,000.00, fold, fold, BB raises to 113,159.00 and is all-in, Hero ???

2afjw8x.png

pretty trivial fold if you ask me

edit: I mean, I get that he is competent, but if you think he is gonna have a decently tight range, its a fold. If he had jammed on you a time or 2 before, i think this is a call

I thought it was a pretty easy fold in this spot to and that's what I did but some ppl I know were saying they were calling every time so I just want to check it out.

I finished 15th in this same tournament tonight, was doing great until my QQ met AK and he got there.

gl people, In a few games on Stars and Merge today

Was playing a light schedule today due to commitments until 5pm. Guess it's especially light since WPN can't offer a decent weekly Sunday schedule and Revolution is currently crashed.

wtg DD

Of course Revolution crashed on Sunday fun US #poker. On a good note, just shipped the $55 $2.5K on @BlackChipPokerpic.twitter.com/fDhOUFuS

I'm about sick of Revolution crashing every Sunday. I swear the crazy people are running the asylum there.

I did however ship the $55 2.5K on WPN yesterday and with the refunds and chip chops from Revolution I had a profitable Sunday.

Is there some kind of promotion on Pokerstars that I don't know about? There is a lot more people than normal in the Sunday Storm.

For a few days at least there has been a link and advertisement for the Sunday Storm in the Stars lobby for me. I wonder if it's the same for everybody.

Revolution crashed yet again, it came back up this time but over 1/2 my stacks were gone, LOL at US online poker.

On a good or sort good but bad in a way note, I bubbled the final table of the $50K on BlackChip. I was just under $1K but it saved my day.