#occupywallstreet Or Bourbonstreet Or Sesamestreet

Yes, a wonderful line, bravo. I'm really more talking about the shifting demographics of our country.
yea i was aware, i just don't like it!
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the media really were "liberal", it's quite possible that they are perceived to be liberal because they correctly point out facts in an unbiased way that the majority of "conservative" Americans ignore.
This is such fucking garbage. One could say the exact same nonsense as a gesture of deniability regarding Fox having a conservative bend.... "Oh, no! Fox doesn't lean conservative! It's just that they report the facts honestly and HONESTY IS CONSERVATISM!!" The reason the mainstream media leans heavily liberal (they do) has nothing to do with intellectual and/or journalistic integrity. It has everything to do with the decision makers being an intensely closed-circuit hive mind that, for whatever reason, leans in that direction.You're an idiot partisan, so you line up in lockstep with whatever has been anointed 'liberal' by the thought-leaders who determine what you shall think, but if you believed in any issues that leaned conservative, you'd appreciate how ridiculo0us the mainstream media really is with their reporting. I believe the Wikipedia criteria is "Weasel Words".
The reason the mainstream media leans heavily liberal (they do) has nothing to do with intellectual and/or journalistic integrity. It has everything to do with the decision makers being an intensely closed-circuit hive mind that, for whatever reason, leans in that direction.
The reason is because they majored in journalism and probably didn't take any classes that require critical thinking. Plus, making less than their college pals who are noticeably dumber but took science and math makes them think the world is unfair. Therefore, the world needs the government to make it fair.
This is such fucking garbage. One could say the exact same nonsense as a gesture of deniability regarding Fox having a conservative bend.... "Oh, no! Fox doesn't lean conservative! It's just that they report the facts honestly and HONESTY IS CONSERVATISM!!" The reason the mainstream media leans heavily liberal (they do) has nothing to do with intellectual and/or journalistic integrity. It has everything to do with the decision makers being an intensely closed-circuit hive mind that, for whatever reason, leans in that direction.You're an idiot partisan, so you line up in lockstep with whatever has been anointed 'liberal' by the thought-leaders who determine what you shall think, but if you believed in any issues that leaned conservative, you'd appreciate how ridiculo0us the mainstream media really is with their reporting. I believe the Wikipedia criteria is "Weasel Words".
You could say that. But the way you could actually tell the difference between the two hypothesis' would be to actually examine the facts. Needless to say I think the facts are heavily on the "liberal" side on most issues. If it makes you feel any better, I'm not even remotely partisan. There are issues that people would call me conservative on, but these tend not to be discussed much here. As for whether I'm an idiot, we've been over this before. Feel free to point out any posts I've made that you think contain severe factual or logical errors. Or, if you prefer, list what you think it is that a typical liberal thinks, and I'll tell you whether I agree with it.
U.S. Wealth Gap Between Young, Old Is Widest Ever
WASHINGTON — The wealth gap between younger and older Americans has stretched to the widest on record, worsened by a prolonged economic downturn that has wiped out job opportunities for young adults and saddled them with housing and college debt.The typical U.S. household headed by a person age 65 or older has a net worth 47 times greater than a household headed by someone under 35, according to an analysis of census data released Monday.While people typically accumulate assets as they age, this wealth gap is now more than double what it was in 2005 and nearly five times the 10-to-1 disparity a quarter-century ago, after adjusting for inflation.The analysis by the Pew Research Center reflects the impact of the economic downturn, which has hit young adults particularly hard. More are pursuing college or advanced degrees, taking on debt as they wait for the job market to recover. Others are struggling to pay mortgage costs on homes now worth less than when they were bought in the housing boom.
all of it seems pretty straightforward. I'm probably the last person to ask for an objective take on what the recession is doing to my generation...Bank Executives On 15th Floor Gambling On Which Occupy Wall Street Protester Will Be Arrested Next
"She looks more normal than the others, but she's feisty," Malkin said of the clean-cut young woman in a green T-shirt and jeans who had earlier led an impassioned "We are the 99 percent" chant. "You know she's going to open her yap one too many times and get a face full of pepper spray. Yeah, no doubt in my mind. That mouthy bitch is a winner, all right."
the onion is pretty much incredible
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archiv...of-hand/248116/Looking like the violent element of the professional protesters is getting more active.
what is suprising is that the city governments have left them stay so long...wait the city governments are controled by Democrats, who control the Whitehouse...got it no longer suprising. just more examples of how the left does whatever it damn well pleases and press smooths it right over. How is that hope and change thing treating the base?
what is suprising is that the city governments have left them stay so long...wait the city governments are controled by Democrats, who control the Whitehouse...got it no longer suprising. just more examples of how the left does whatever it damn well pleases and press smooths it right over. How is that hope and change thing treating the base?
You do realize how much like a caricature you sound when you make silly partisan comments like this one.Toronto also has occupy protesters camping out and we have a mayor who would be considered Conservative in Texas. Our police haven't tried to move them by force but they also haven't been violent.The reason you leave them alone like you do a lot of protests is to not turn things violent. At some point though something is going to have to give as things can't remain as they are forever.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archiv...of-hand/248116/Looking like the violent element of the professional protesters is getting more active.
'The Movement' has totally jumped the shark. They're 99% shitheads. So, they started off with a good idea, but this is what happens when you have no leadership. Chaos is appealing when you're 19, but they are souring the rest of the country against them. At this point, we need to dust off some of the National Guardsmen who were at Kent State and send them in to start putting these ****ers down.

What I would like to know is what kind of plan could/shouild be put in place to completely overhaul the current planetary economic system that has taken several hundred years to morph to this point.Also, what about the people/corporations who have "all" the money and pay many government official to get what they want. How are they ever going to accept this "equaltiy"?I'm all for a more level playing field, but...shit, I dunno...It just doesn't seem to be the best plan, if you could even call it that.

'The Movement' has totally jumped the shark. They're 99% shitheads. So, they started off with a good idea, but this is what happens when you have no leadership. Chaos is appealing when you're 19, but they are souring the rest of the country against them. At this point, we need to dust off some of the National Guardsmen who were at Kent State and send them in to start putting these ****ers down.
I think the Oakland Police based on this video seem to have the spirit you're looking for.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/08/s...kusaolp00000003
The number of violent protesters seems to be growing by the day. As it does, they lose more and more support, and that combined with the cold weather and a total lack of a message will bury this thing.I've had mixed feelings about it from the start, they are on to something. Their problem is that most of them believe the solution to being headed in the wrong direction is to go faster in that same direction.
I think the Oakland Police based on this video seem to have the spirit you're looking for.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/08/s...kusaolp00000003
If the protestors insist on violence, attacks and physical intimidation, here-here to the Oakland PD.This is coming from a guy who generally supports what they are supposed to stand for, but am totally appalled at what they've become.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/nyregion...tml?_r=1&hpProtesters cleared from the Zuccotti park and told that they are allowed to continue protesting but will no longer be allowed to sleep over or camp out. The images indicate that the park was thoroughly cleansed.I think this was probably the right thing for the Mayor to do: obviously the people can't stay there forever, and at this point those who actually stay there overnight are hippies and homeless. There has to be some respect paid for those who actually live around the area.Besides, the movement is more than a bunch of people protesting: it's an awareness of the issues that made them so angry in the first place, and I think the country is starting to listen and be sensitive to those issues regardless of what's taking place in a particular park.
Besides, the movement is more than a bunch of people protesting: it's an awareness of the issues that made them so angry in the first place,
And someday, they promise to get around to deciding what those issues are and telling us.
B11 has always had a mean streak when it comes to hippy women.
If I were in the offices that overlooked a bunch of cops with numbered helmets like "B11" spraying protestors with mace, you can bet your ass we'd have some kind of Bingo game devised within the hour.