How To Drive

9 Bad Drivers Nobody Complains Aboutby Christina H#9. People Who Are Scared To Death Of Concrete Barriers99853.jpg#8. People Who Think Bikes Are a Mile Wide99852_v1.jpg#7. People Who Time Things Just Right To Make You Miss The Light99851_v1.jpg#6. People Who Pass You For No Actual Advantage99849_v1.jpg#5. People Who Let EVERYBODY In99850_v1.jpg99848_v1.jpg#4. People Who Camp Parking Spaces99854_v1.jpg#3. People Who Hang Out In Your Blind Spot99898.jpg#2. Slow Drivers In Denial99899_v1.jpg#1. People Who Think Emergency Lights Make Them Invincible99905.jpg
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent thread! Long time reader, first time poster...A few on my list have been touched on but here goes anyway...1) I recently moved where I drive through a neighborhood for ~5 minutes and 10 stop signs by my house. I also see a ton of people that don't stop when coming to an intersection at the same time. Sometimes, I'm obviously going to be there and stopped first but they just roll right through the stop sign and go ahead of me. 90% of the time when they go the same direction as me, they go the speed limit and don't seem to be in a real hurry at all.2) In that same neighborhood, a lot of people back out of their driveways onto the road. Instead of backing out and turning so they are out of my way, they back out so they are at a 45 in the middle of the road blocking both directions so I have to slow down or stop to allow them to make the rest of their turn and continue the other way.3) When people turn left from a 2 lane road to a 4 lane road and block the left lane to get in the traffic for the right lane. I understand that they are getting into the right lane for the right turn they are making right away, but they block the left lane for the 4 lane road.4) People that think the space in front of you in the left lane on an very busy highway means you aren't going as fast as the traffic in front of you when it is actually just leaving space for safety. Then, when they try to pass you on the right and you close that gap to block them, they get pissed off.5) People that can't yield. There's one specific on ramp that I'm thinking of, but plenty in the area that also fit this situation. The ramp is very short and goes onto the parkway west only 2-3 miles from the heart of downtown Pittsburgh so it's usually heavy traffic. People never use the ramp to get up to speed and move nicely into traffic. Instead, they go 25-30 to the end of the ramp then have to stop. Now, they're trying to go from a dead stop to 55-65 and fit into traffic. Of course, people then go to where they are and stop right behind them. As soon as I get onto the ramp, I check out the end of the ramp to see if anyone is stopped. If they are, I sit back ~100 yards and wait for the ramp to clear. I then pick my spot and merge into traffic. When I'm sitting there waiting for the idiots stopped, there's always people behind be motioning "WTF?" like I'm the problem here. I always wait to put my car in park and walk back to explain to them what I'm doing. Then get back in my car and continue to wait for the idiots cause they take that long most of the time.6) People that can't park. Nothing is worse then seeing a good spot and starting to turn into it only to find out that it's open due to a shitty parking job next to the spot. I'm one bad ass mother fucker when it comes to parking and I always check out my car when walking away to make sure I didn't fuck anyone else over. Why can't shitty parkers do this also? This is the worst when someone tried to back into a spot and fucked it up. Don't even try this if you suck at driving/parking.7) I know this was touched on, but I don't care! People that can't keep a consistent rate of speed. I drive 200+ miles to Harrisburg and back once a week on the PA turnpike and get this the whole way there. I put my cruise on 75-80 in the 65 zones and have to pass the same car 5-6 times in 20-30 min span. They go from 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 to 65 to 85 and so on.8) People that do the same speed no matter what the speed limit is. The situation is common in construction zones as well as areas where the highway speed decreases for a short section of road. Pretty much the same for each situation: I will be doing 75 in a 65 and pass a car doing 65-70. The construction zone or reduced speed is 55 so I slow down to 55-58 for the construction zone or 65 for the reduced area. The car passes me doing 65-70. The construction ends or the speed limit goes back up so I'm back to doing 75 and pass them a short time later. This doesn't piss me off as much as it makes me wonder wtf?9) Tunnels. If you've been to Pittsburgh, you know what I'm talking about here. You will sit in 30-60 mins of traffic going into town. Once you hit the tunnels, the traffic moves at 30....then 40 mid tunnel...then 50....then 60 by the other end of the tunnel. Wow, no traffic on this side of the tunnel. Why does it slow down? Are people scared their cars won't fit into the little hole in the hillside?I guess that's all for now...

I pretty much hate all drivers and want them all to die, but sometimes I have to laugh at myself for some of the drivers I hate. like sometimes I'll be coming up to a stop sign or something and another vehicle is coming so I can't just pull out and I'm like "oh god damn it!" until I think about it for a second and realize, hey, they aren't really doing anything wrong. I'm technically just pissed off that they exist and that they just happen to be right there at that time, ready to ever so slightly inconvenience me. I feel like that may be going to far.

I pretty much hate all drivers and want them all to die, but sometimes I have to laugh at myself for some of the drivers I hate. like sometimes I'll be coming up to a stop sign or something and another vehicle is coming so I can't just pull out and I'm like "oh god damn it!" until I think about it for a second and realize, hey, they aren't really doing anything wrong. I'm technically just pissed off that they exist and that they just happen to be right there at that time, ready to ever so slightly inconvenience me. I feel like that may be going to far.
god I want to go on a slow, scenic drive right in front of you
i only do that when i'm driving the limit and some fucknut is on my ass anyways. i'll drop it down to a crawl just to piss them off. it's the best.
Yeah. I do this all the time when some guy decides to want to go 40 in a 25 residential zone or weave in Rush Hour Traffic.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

10) It's raining hard or the roads are really wet from a hard rain. Someone passes you on the highway with no one around and moves over <2 car lengths in front of you. Really, dickhead? You couldn't wait until you were 8-10 car lengths ahead of me to move back over? I immediately speed up, pass them, and move over right in front of them when this is done to me.11) Basic, probably stated, but holy shit! USE YOUR TURN SIGNALS in traffic. I don't mind when there's light traffic and it's really not affecting anyone if you use them or not, but it's out of hand how many people don't in heavy traffic moving lanes. Maybe it's just me, but it seems to be a higher percentage on BMWs, Mercedes, Audis, Range Rovers, etc. too. Bastards! On a side note, I did a 540 spin on the PA Turnpike yesterday coming back from Harrisburg for work. Hydroplaned and the back end was 90 degrees around before I could even react. After doing 450 degrees, I skimmed the median guide rail with the front end of the car, doing very little damage. Good thing it was a company car! I don't recommend anyone trying this for themselves.

this is spot on how i feel while driving, well said.
  • 4 months later...
1. The Snake
OH MY GODwas just on the way home, on the highway at a spot where it changes from 65 to 55, I'm going ~68 passing a car in the right lane fairly rapidly, and this guy going probably 80 starts getting fairly close so I signal that I'm going to get over as soon as I get passed the car in the right lane. slow down to 65 (it's already at the 55 zone and cops hang out here all the time) and I'm maximum 1 full car length in front of the car in the right (still with my signal on) and start to get over and this fucking truck behind me cuts over before I have a chance. so I'm pissed, mainly because I was trying to be as nice as I could be, and I swerve back over into the left lane to avoid hitting him. yet he saw me trying to get over and so he swerved back into the left. I throw up my hands and start waving him over mouthing "well if you've gonna fucking cut over then just fucking do it" and he drives by hanging out the window yelling at me. you motherfucking piece of shit god damn worthless cocksucking faggot bitch cuntrag. I am not exaggerating in the absolute least when I say that I fantasized about different ways to murder this guy for the entire rest of the 30 minute drive. still thinking about it actually. settled on a big knife.