Is anyone else still watching this? I think there are a lot of good performers on the show. I'm not interested in any of the groups or the stupid thing they did with putting rejects in groups.
I am. I'm not interested in the groups either, but when they showed that one four girl reject group rehearsing at one of the girls' houses, I might've been interested in them all making out.
I feel like the judges did a poor job at picking songs for the contestants to perform at their houses. They should have just let them pick their own songs again.
I like having the judges pick a song for them, but I agree it didn't seem like they made the best choices.I didn't imagine Nichole Scherzinger would have the kind of money to afford that house. Nice location.
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that this show is wayyyyyy better than American Idol.
I agree. My only real issue is how much talent there is in the over 30 group. They should keep all but 1 of that group and get rid of all but 1 group. But since that won't happen, and the over 30's are going to lose half, some of the most talented people on the show are going to go home before some much less talented people. But it is still refreshing to have to real judges on a music competition show.

Yeah, I'm enjoying it more than American Idol. I appreciate that it's largely based on marketability and that they don't even pretend that it's a singing competition.I think that the Over 30's are stacked, especially compared to the groups, but I don't know how much I attribute that to their stories and wanting them to succeed.These are the contestants I hope make it, not necessarily who I think will make it:GirlsCaitlin KochDrew RyniewiczJazzlyn Little aka Nervous GirlMelanie AmaroRachel Crow aka Precocious GirlSimone BattleTiah TolliverTora WoloshinI guess that's it. Nervous Girl is my favorite. I agree with Simon more than Paula/Nicole on Tiah, but I don't really like her all that much. I thought Melanie's last performance was good, but I don't remember her before that. Caitlin and Drew are the two blonde girls, but I don't know which is which. Simone's confidence outkicks her ability.Groups2squar'd4ShoreThe Anser aka The Utah Non-MormonsThe Brewer BoysIllusion / Confusion InTENsity Lakoda Rayne aka Token Lesbian Fantasy The Stereo Hogzz aka The Lead and the Backups InTENsity is TOO MANY. I think Illusion/Confusion is the Miami group? Meh to them. Don't remember 2squar'd or 4Shore. Oh wait, 2squar'd (awful, awful name by the way) is the four black girl group. Definitely no to that. The Brewer Boys are kind of endearing, but that's about it. The Lead on the Stereo Hogzz was good; I don't know what the other guys are there for.Over 30'sChrista Collins Dexter Haygood Elaine Gibbs James Kenney Josh Krajcik aka the Burrito MakerLeRoy Bell aka Older Than He LooksStacy Francis aka Over The Top Because Her Dad DiedTiger Budbill aka The Guy Who Doesn't Need a Pseudonym Because His Name is Freaking Tiger BudbillI actually would really like to see Dexter make it, but...he's just not that good. I wouldn't even mind if the other two girls made it either. But I'm not down with James Kenney. I'm on the fence with Tiger; seems like a guy made for American Idol's "singing competition." But the dude can sing and he brings the emotion with it too.BoysBrennin Hunt Brian Bradley aka The Astronomical Kid aka Stop Looking At My MomChris Rene aka The Recovering AddictMarcus Canty aka The Black Guy Who Isn't the Country SingerNick Voss Phillip Lomax Skyelor Anderson Tim Cifers Definitely no to Brennin, Nick, and Phillip. The Black Country singer is interesting; I'd probably make him my fourth.

I think Melanie Amaro is amazing. Definitely want her in the top 4 girls. I like her and Crow about the same and both much more than Jazzlyn. Amaro was the one who brought the house down with a Beyonce song during auditions.Agree that the level of talent is good and the setup of the show is smart. Also, agree that DAMN Nicole Sherzinger has a nice house. She is either more successful than I thought or inherited money before making it on her own.

Also, agree that DAMN Nicole Sherzinger has a nice house. She is either more successful than I thought or inherited money before making it on her own.
or they rented the house for the show.Jazzlyn Little better make it. I really want the black tatooed chick with blonde hair to make it. Unfortunately I don't think she will though. I thought she killed the auditions, but Simon gave her some really weird song to sing at his house so she didn't really stick out. I also want the crazy black dude in the old people group make it. Everyone on this show needs to stop crying right now. STOP IT!

I placed bets online on Sunday, I took two longshots Drew Ryniewicz bc I loved her rendition of Bieber, and also Chris Rene. Both paid 40-1. I put $10 on each.Watching it on PVR so far right now. Awesome Drew made it, glad I grabbed her at 40-1. I can't believe some of the people getting through, and some not making it. I can't believe Jazz didn't get thru. I don't know how Lomax made it, he seems so boring. I don't think anybody will like him. I also don't know how that old black dude made it, I think he's horrible.

wow absolutely bewildered melanie didnt make it. on bet365 on sunday, she was the favourite at 2-1.
she does make it, watch the end. I was a little confused with some of Simon's picks though. I'm sure he knows what he is doing, but I think 2 of the girls on his team did not deserve to make it. Simone and the big lipped girl. I would have put the tatooed girl and Jazzlyn in instead of them. Are you sure it was 40-1 with Drew? I thought she would make it no matter what. Just seems pretty unbelievable that you would make $400 from a $10 bet on someone who is a shoe-in. 4-1 would make more sense but that even seems a little high. What sports book is that?LA Reid was the only judge that I thought got it completely right. Ottawa did you watch Lomax's performance at LA's house, it was pretty amazing, and it was more of a pop vocal than a Sinatra sounding thing. I thought he would be a shoe-in and might even be one of the best guys.Nicole got it mostly right. I thought she could have kept the emo chick over the 59 year old black dude who sounds like Michael Bolton. She got it right with the other 3 though.Who knows what was going on with the groups. I actually liked the group with a ton of people. When I was watching it I was like.. if I was 10 and watched the Disney channel I would watch a show with them. There is just nothing interesting about any of the other groups that made it. I thought the girls who made it sounded like complete shit. The group with the best shot is definitely the black guys in my opinion, but they still aren't great.

I use bet 365 to make my bets. I checked this morning, chris and drew are both still underdogs listed at 15-1.The favourites right now are Melanie, the chubby little black girl, and the burrito maker.You can also bet on the winning manager. I think Paula has no chance. Is Simon close to a lock?

Oh I was confused. I thought you were betting on them to get through, but you are betting on them to win the show. I don't think Drew or Chris will win in that case. Drew probably has the best shot.I think it is hard to say which judge has the best chance without seeing how the voting goes the first week. I think Nicole and LA both have a shot also, but you are right Paula is done. They should just cancel the groups right now.

They should just cancel the groups right now.
Has anybody watched the British X Factor? Apparently they're on season 8 over there. I was looking for betting odds and I was getting really confused until I realized that's what I was looking at. Anyway, some group on their current season is the favorite and they were saying that's the first time that's been the case. A group has never won on the show.

So only about 7 acts in, but wtf happened to this show?Really bad tonight. Arrangements are horrible. I missed the 1st two minutes, but is there a reason they're all singing such outdated songs? Do they not have the rights to better songs?Rich Girl/Faith MedleyFootloose songThat song from Shrek (I think) that the Sinatra dude sangWith a little tendernessCome on Eileen

I don't like it when the judges take credit for everything. Right now the show is all about the judges and not the contestants. It seemed like sometimes the judges were giving harsh criticisms to contestants just to get back at a judge who criticized their group. Nicole sucks.I found it interesting that the best contestants had no background singing or dancers. Maybe the judges should take that into consideration.

How contrived was all of that. I enjoyed it, but man. I am pretty sure each judge purposely sabotaged the ones that left and maybe to even take it a step further, they put through 1 person they could cut really easily.Simon at the end was ridiculous. There was no decision there at all.

I didn't like yesterday's show at all. First, they should've gone straight to user voting because it came down to all about the judges as if they are miracle workers. Each judge came off so pompous it was hard to watch. They likely spent 1 day of their life giving songs to each person and some choreography tips and think they are each God's gift to the music industry. For what it's worth I tend to like L.A. Reid the most.

I still liked the performances and enjoyed the show. The judges trying to one up each other with the insults is the only real thing that turned me off.---The groups were better than I thought they were going to be. I do think all chick group is overrated though.---I like Drew the best out of Simon's girls although I think the viewers are going to be swayed to the other two for some reason.---The burrito guy is the best out of the older people. The 60 year old guy has no chance. Simon was spot on with the chick. Nobody is going to buy her music if she is trying to sell herself as a pop star. Her only angle is gospel.---Astro is pretty legit with the boys. The black guy singer is pretty amazing, but I'm not sure if he will connect with voters. So I think Astro will win out of the group. I'm still disappointed that the Sinatra guy wasn't given another chance, he really was screwed with that song.

song choices were pretty much all horrible outside of a few exceptions. the judges make me cringe. only reason im watching this show still is because of the storyline behind some of the contestants.