• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I watch it tomorrow, it will be the first episode I watch. So honestly, I have no idea.

I think the writers are too good to not pull it off and the viewers will stay. This show will only end when they don't feel like paying the actors millions per episode imo. I could be wrong, but I really don't see the show having any problems with ratings with Sheen gone.Sheen was incredibly good in that role though, the show is going to be a lot different.

I still haven't watched an episode, and am curious if it's actually funny, or "middle america" funny.
definitely Middle America funny. Or 'Big Bang Theory' funny, not 'Arrested Development' funny. Not even 'How I met your mother' funny, IMO.
definitely Middle America funny. Or 'Big Bang Theory' funny, not 'Arrested Development' funny. Not even 'How I met your mother' funny, IMO.
HIMYM is funny? It's got a few ha parts a show but that's about it. Why do I watch it? I don't know.
HIMYM is funny? It's got a few ha parts a show but that's about it. Why do I watch it? I don't know.
I think so. For my money, it's the funniest laugh track sitcom on network TV. Not that that is saying much. In fact, for me, it's the only one worth watching. Jason Segal alone makes it worth watching.
I guess it's okay. Really the main thing that annoys me is Ted. I hate him.
Yeah, not a Ted fan either but Marshall and Robin are awesome. Barney has his moments but they overdo him now. He was perfect in season 1.
I think HIMYM is funny. More funny than Big Bang which I find to be atrociously not funny. But Modern Family is without question the funniest show on network TV today.
Big Bang is the best comedy on TV and Modern Family is the best written. HIMYM is OK but not a must see.
Big Bang is the best comedy on TV and Modern Family is the best written. HIMYM is OK but not a must see.
I think Big Bang is terrible and pretty much unwatchable.Modern Family has some really, really funny moments, but tries too hard to be like Arrested Development. Still probably one of the funnier show on network TV, but it isn't in my regular rotation.HIMYM is the only comedy that I watch on a weekly basis. It can be pretty hit or miss. There are some really fantastic episodes though.

I was given a copy of BBT season one this past week. I watched the first disk, but I am not sure if I can watch anymore. The laugh track is atrocious, and it's not really very funny. There is a moment here and there, but I don't see how they can take this awkward friends thing, but with only one chick and nerds, past one season.

I think Jon Cryer's character (Alan) is hilarious and I find myself laughing at him more than anything on the show. Sheen leaving isn't going to ruin the laughs. What will ruin it is that it's pretty much 3 men now not 2 and a half... The character Jake is growing up pretty damn quick, he's got to be almost 20 in real life so it'll be interesting over the next couple of seasons how he evolves (Goes to college, stay at home bum, turns out like charlie, blah blah).

I think HIMYM is funny. More funny than Big Bang which I find to be atrociously not funny. But Modern Family is without question the funniest show on network TV today.
People keep looking at me strangely when I tell them I don't watch Big Bang because it really isn't that funny. I just assumed it was another case of I'm the guy who doesn't watch the show that everyone else is obsessed with (see also: The Office, Parks and Recreation, Arrested Development, HIMYM, Scrubs, Modern Family...the list is endless). TBH, I really soured on network TV and stopped watching it completely. I hate getting interested in a show and then having the network suddenly cancel it arbitrarily. I watch basic cable shows (FX, AMC, USA, TNT) because at least the cable stations will get through a complete season before making a decision about the show's future rather than failboating a struggling show and shipping it off to obscurity in favor of another show where D-list celebrities do stupid shit for a paycheck. Full disclosure, I've never actually seen an episode of HIMYM and I find Neil Patrick Harris to be incredibly funny, so maybe I should make an exception there. All the other shows I've seen and just didn't like.

The best shows currently on TV are IASIP, Modern Family, and Parks & Rec. There is really no need for debate, as this is fact, not opinion.

Do I need to watch IASIP in order or not? I've seem a few episodes randomly and it just didn't seem that good.
I had the same experience with the couple episodes I watched, it just seemed kinda stupid so I never watched it again.
But Modern Family is without question the funniest show on network TV today.
I'm very glad they did so well at the Emmy's.
Yeah, not a Ted fan either but Marshall and Robin are awesome. Barney has his moments but they overdo him now. He was perfect in season 1.
This is pretty much how I feel about it. I like Lily sometimes too.In general, it's fairly creative and funny show.
The best shows currently on TV are IASIP, Modern Family, and Parks & Rec. There is really no need for debate, as this is fact, not opinion.
You mean after Louie?
Are you talking about all TV or just comedies? If you are talking about comedies I agree, I think Curb could be ranked up there also. If you are talking about all TV then that is a pretty strong opinion.
I think Jon Cryer's character (Alan) is hilarious and I find myself laughing at him more than anything on the show. Sheen leaving isn't going to ruin the laughs. What will ruin it is that it's pretty much 3 men now not 2 and a half... The character Jake is growing up pretty damn quick, he's got to be almost 20 in real life so it'll be interesting over the next couple of seasons how he evolves (Goes to college, stay at home bum, turns out like charlie, blah blah).
I 100% agree with this. The best part for me was watching Sheen and Cryer be awkward parents and seeing the kid do funny shit because of their bad advice. The kid getting old makes it a completely different show. Here's an idea: have the kid knock up a chick... then see Alan be a grandpa, and Jake be a parent. Boom! Someone pay me for this idea!
Do I need to watch IASIP in order or not? I've seem a few episodes randomly and it just didn't seem that good.
Yes, you should watch it in order. It's not an order-type show (like plot or whatever), but little things build on each other. Kind of like Curb your enthusiasm. You could just jump to when Leon moves in, but it's a much more enjoyable moment if you watch the 5 previous seasons.
You mean after Louie?
In my defense, I've only seen parts of one episode, and it was a little crass for the early evening with kids still awake.
that is a pretty strong opinion.
You know me. Also, it's pretty ridiculous that I didn't include Curb. Unforgivable really.