• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Round ResultsRUNSrunthemover, Theraflu: 3-1-1mrdannyg: 5-0-0Dread Aidan: 1-3-1Tactical Bear: 0-5-0SBriand: 1-3-1HITSrunthemover, Theraflu: 4-0-1mrdannyg: 1-2-2Dread Aidan: 1-2-2Tactical Bear: 1-2-2SBriand: 0-5-0RUN DIFFrunthemover, Theraflu: 2-1-2mrdannyg: 2-1-2Dread Aidan: 5-0-0Tactical Bear: 1-4-0SBriand: 0-5-0STRIKE OUTSrunthemover, Theraflu: 3-0-2mrdannyg: 3-0-2Dread Aidan: 0-3-2Tactical Bear: 0-3-2SBriand: 0-3-2TOTALrunthemover, Theraflu: 30mrdannyg: 28Dread Aidan: 19Tactical Bear: 8SBriand: 5

2ND ROUND PICKSRUNSDET – runthemoverTEX – Dread AidanMIL – TherafluSTL - Tactical BearHITSDET – runthemoverTEX – TherafluMIL – Dread AidanSTL - Tactical BearRUN DIFFDET – TEX – Dread Aidan, Tactical BearMIL – runthemover, TherafluSTL - STRIKE OUTSDET – TherafluTEX – Tactical BearMIL – runthemover, Dread AidanSTL -

2ND ROUND STANDINGSTactical Bear - 38Theraflu - 24Dread Aidan - 23runthemover - 19mrdannyg - 8SBriand - 8OVERALL STANDINGSTheraflu - 54runthemover - 49Tactical Bear - 46Dread Aidan - 42mrdannyg - 36SBriand - 13

Second Round Results, wherein Tactical Bear had a decent showing.RUNSrunthemover: 0-2-3mrdannyg, SBriand: 0-2-3 Dread Aidan: 4-1-0 Tactical Bear: 5-0-0Theraflu: 0-2-3HITSrunthemover: 0-3-2mrdannyg, SBriand: 0-3-2 Dread Aidan: 3-2-0Tactical Bear: 5-0-0Theraflu: 4-1-0RUN DIFFrunthemover: 0-2-3mrdannyg, SBriand: 0-2-3 Dread Aidan: 4-0-1Tactical Bear: 4-0-1Theraflu: 0-2-3STRIKE OUTSrunthemover: 0-2-3mrdannyg, SBriand: 0-2-3Dread Aidan: 0-2-3Tactical Bear: 5-0-0Theraflu: 4-1-0TOTALrunthemover: 0-9-11mrdannyg, SBriand: 0-9-11Dread Aidan: 11-5-4Tactical Bear: 19-0-1Theraflu: 8-6-6OVERALLrunthemover: 12-11-17mrdannyg: 11-12-17SBriand: 1-28-14Dread Aidan: 18-13-9Tactical Bear: 21-14-5Theraflu: 20-8-12STANDINGSTheraflu - 52Tactical Bear - 47Dread Aidan - 45runthemover - 41mrdannyg - 39SBriand - 16

So I have everything ready and I'm matching with DA on round 1. However, these non-picks in round 2 bring up something which my first post does not cover. In Hockey when people did not pick, I randomized a set of picks for these players.In this case it might be better to just discount these players. Alternatively we could count their scores as 0 for each round, or randomize their picks (note: MDG and SB would be given the same set of random picks. they are not separately randomized).I'm heavily in favor of just discounting these players. I believe that is the most fair option. They did not pick in round 2 so their round 1 picks are just thrown out. Them being involved (or not involved) did not affect any of our picks. Since my first post neglected to figure out what to do in this situation, I'll leave it up to you three Giants.It's very easy for me to subset these players out. I've already split us into groups so scoring can be looked at easily (DA, FLU, RUN, TB are in BEISBOL. MDG, SB are in HOCKEY).

that worksMDG and SB can even provide picks for the last round if they want or be randomized againfor round 2, random.org gave usRun: DETHit: DETRD: MILK: MILfor the WS (assuming they do not pick) they will have

Run: STLHit: TEXRD: STLK: STL

I'll post the scores tomorrow morning

In Hockey when people did not pick, I randomized a set of picks for these players.
I did not know that. I just gave them the worst team because fuck them. Or something. Random is fine.p.s. you can't beat me :evil laugh:
p.s. you can't beat me :evil laugh:
Damn, I can't beat Flu either. Even if I sweep my categories, I would end up losing by one point.This is MDG and SBriand's fault.Looks like it's down to T-Bear and T-Flu.They both picked STL for hits, so throw that category out.So basically, whichever team wins 2 of the other 3 categories will win. TEX for T-Flu, STL for T-Bear.Or the same applies if they win 1 category and tie the other 2.And if they each win 1 category and tie the other category, then T-Flu wins.
TIME FOR THE SMACKDOWN, THERAFLU!Current scores:Runs: Cardinals +1Run Differential: Cardinals +1Strikeouts: Cardinals +2That's actually a pretty good result for Theraflu.
I like the Rangers pitching matchups the rest of the way, minus CJ. He just hasn't been good, and got lucky last night only giving up 2 runs on 5 walks. Hamilton is apparently really banged up with the groin; Dave Cameron had some gifs of him on fangraphs showing how miserable his swing is. Moving Michael Young out of the freakin' cleanup spot would also benefit Texas a bunch. I think Lohse and Jackson get lit up. Garcia should have a solid game tonight, so maybe he has the edge over Colby. I don't know! Just rambling.This was on deadspin: Guy in vegas took these out when they were 5 back with 15 to play:cardsbetslips1.jpg
Moving Michael Young out of the freakin' cleanup spot would also benefit Texas a bunch.
I feel like every analyst in the world is doing the same rhetorical trick where they say how great Texas's lineup is when they've got Cruz and Napoli hitting 6th and 7th. Well, yeah, except that they should be hitting 3rd and 4th. The Cardinals should drop Pujols to 7th and counter, "You think your lineup is good? We've got freakin' Pujols hitting 7th!"Current stats:Runs: evenHits: Cardinals +1Differential: evenK's: Cardinals +5

Runs: Cardinals +5Hits: Rangers +1Differential: Cardinals +5 (+10?)K's: Cardinals +3If one of these teams wins in 6, they will almost certainly win all the offensive categories because their best result will count for game 7 while the losing team's worst result carries forward. That would be a big swing. So even if the Rangers win the next two games 1-0, they'll get a 7 for game 7 in runs and a +4 in differential while the Cardinals will get a 0 and -4. That would flip the runs categories.