I was thinking of writing something up for the old 5,000th post but I can't write very well and it seems kinda meh with the current state of pokerz in the US.

I will summarize what I wanted to eloquently convey by saying that I'm really thankful for what I have learned from poker; while my monetary results have been insignificant, I've learned a ton about myself, emotional control, discipline, the long-run and big-picture, etc.

I'm also super grateful to have met such awesome friends through poker, with FCP being the springboard to it all. I greatly enjoy the interaction with people from all over the world, with widely different lifestyles and views, who share a common interest in the game. I have found poker players to be among the most thoughtful and generous people I have dealt with in addition to being some of the brightest and most fun.

Through this reflection I've come to really appreciate how lucky I am and how good I run at life. I take this for granted too often, but I hope to continually remind myself of this going forward.

Lastly, thanks as always to Bob and Gov for their awesome work around here, it's an awesome community, albeit small and mellow right now.

I was thinking of writing something up for the old 5,000th post but I can't write very well and it seems kinda meh with the current state of pokerz in the USI will summarize what I wanted to eloquently convey by saying that I'm really thankful for what I have learned from poker; while my monetary results have been insignificant, I've learned a ton about myself, emotional control, discipline, the long-run and big-picture, etc.I'm also super grateful to have met such awesome friends through poker, with FCP being the springboard to it all. I greatly enjoy the interaction with people from all over the world, with widely different lifestyles and views, who share a common interest in the game. I have found poker players to be among the most thoughtful and generous people I have dealt with in addition to being some of the brightest and most fun.Through this reflection I've come to really appreciate how lucky I am and how good I run at life. I take this for granted too often, but I hope to continually remind myself of this going forward.Lastly, thanks as always to Bob and Gov for their awesome work around here, it's an awesome community, albeit small and mellow right now.
Well said and great post James. Wishing you continued success.

Congrats on hitting 5K posts James. From one CO kid to another I offer you this traditional mile high prayer."Dear Lord, although we have lost Neil Smith to free agency and Steve Atwater to the Jets, still we hope our beloved Broncos can bring home another Super Bowl Championship and once again bathe in the glory of your light. Amen.Let's gooooooBroncooossssLet's go broncos, Broncos LETS GO!"

Well said James, gl with everything in your life as your also a great help around here.

james is definitely a beast. Even w/ the state of poker being where it is in the US, james is still trying to improve his game, expand his game, and become the best he can be for when poker comes back in the US. Wish the best for you bro, and hope next year you can be in vegas the same time i am!

Condolences on reaching 5k posts.

Well said and great post James. Wishing you continued success.
tyty
Congrats on hitting 5K posts James. From one CO kid to another I offer you this traditional mile high prayer."Dear Lord, although we have lost Neil Smith to free agency and Steve Atwater to the Jets, still we hope our beloved Broncos can bring home another Super Bowl Championship and once again bathe in the glory of your light. Amen.Let's gooooooBroncooossssLet's go broncos, Broncos LETS GO!"
<3, go donkeys
**** Colorado
hud
Well said James, gl with everything in your life as your also a great help around here.
tyty
james is definitely a beast. Even w/ the state of poker being where it is in the US, james is still trying to improve his game, expand his game, and become the best he can be for when poker comes back in the US. Wish the best for you bro, and hope next year you can be in vegas the same time i am!
tyty and #can'twait for vegas meet-up-aments; you'll probably be running the ESPN operation at the WSOP by then
Meh...5000 posts? Amateur hour..
I know, right? I obviously need to hit the hockey forums and get my posting on
Meh...5000 posts? Amateur hour.. :club: Congrats
just thinking how many posts of yours are for the basement dwellers Leafs
in the words of goldbergYOU'RE NEXT
I may have worried back when I was averaging 10 posts per day or so. At my current FCP posting-rate, I have a good 20 or so years to prepare my 5k post soliloquy.Perhaps I can make a joint retirement/5k post speech.
I may have worried back when I was averaging 10 posts per day or so. At my current FCP posting-rate, I have a good 20 or so years to prepare my 5k post soliloquy.Perhaps I can make a joint retirement/5k post speech.
if people would make more threads for me to troll in i could do the same in a week