UE040203GOLDENc,jpg-1.JPGFucked around with one all day, ran through a Nord synth. Lessons learned: * There is a level of funk known only to but a few, and I've seen that place.* Playing "California Love" never, ever gets old. * Any asshole can sound good with one, after about 5 minutes practice. * It is physically impossible to use one without appearing to be an experienced, practicing homosexual.* Most of you don't know (or care) what it is, why do I bother posting it here? I don't know. I just did. Possibly because this is the only forum I ever really spend any time on and I was just giddy after getting to play one.The cat who owned it had a battery of vintage keys that was reeee-tarded. Vintage Rhodes, Kurweils, Hohner D6 Clavinet, Casio Synth's from the 80's... Absolutely ridiculous. Had a vocoder too, not 1/10th as cool as the Golden Throat. Also, the combo of talk box + wah (stock Crybaby) is god.

There were no guitars involved (with the talkbox, anyway). It was all keys. The golden throat is very, very special in the realm of talkboxes. They have a pretty unique tone. We probably played California Love 5 times.