Adam's Extreme Fcp Yahoo League 2011-12

The problem with trading draft picks is that we're not a keeper league and there's been quite a bit of turnover in the ranks over the years. There would be nothing to stop someone from trading away their 1st round pick in 2013 and then leaving the league in between then.
I was thinking of that too and maybe we put a limit where you can only trade 1 draft pick and it cannot be your 1st or 2nd. I just feel the season gets stale around the midseason point.
  • Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would actually prefer dropping down to starting 1 goalie per night or something like... We could consider a maximum # of goalie starts per week (let's say 3 for now). Once your goalie Games Started category reaches 3 for the week then you stop accumulating goalie stats. I'm not sure if Yahoo allows this though.

My personal feeling is that there's no current issue regarding transactions in the regular season. I personally encourage guys to be as active as they want to be on the waiver wire and improve their team every time they see an opening to do so. It rewards the guys who put the work in all season and stay active, and that's my ultimate goal as the commissioner is to have 15 other hardcore GM's who manage their teams every day. That said, I can tell some guys aren't happy about seeing their opponents make moves at the end of the week that could turn a win into a loss, and I can see the point. My vote would go towards a policy of allowing any/all transactions during the regular season, and enforcing a max transaction rule starting in the final week of the regular season and for the duration of the playoffs. I think if we limited each team to 5 Add/Drops per playoff week, we could maintain the spirit of being an active GM without allowing for potential abuse and hard feelings.

I'm not sure if Yahoo allows this though.
Nope, the only setting is for a minimum number of starts. I can probably make it so there's only 1 goalie position per night, but I personally think we've diluted the importance of goaltending down to the appropriate level for the league. Mayyyyyyybe we need to drop one more goalie stat category in favor of one more skater category but I'm not sure about that...haven't thought it over enough.
My personal feeling is that there's no current issue regarding transactions in the regular season. I personally encourage guys to be as active as they want to be on the waiver wire and improve their team every time they see an opening to do so. It rewards the guys who put the work in all season and stay active, and that's my ultimate goal as the commissioner is to have 15 other hardcore GM's who manage their teams every day. That said, I can tell some guys aren't happy about seeing their opponents make moves at the end of the week that could turn a win into a loss, and I can see the point. My vote would go towards a policy of allowing any/all transactions during the regular season, and enforcing a max transaction rule starting in the final week of the regular season and for the duration of the playoffs. I think if we limited each team to 5 Add/Drops per playoff week, we could maintain the spirit of being an active GM without allowing for potential abuse and hard feelings.
Is it an option for each team to have a certain number of transactions that they can make for the entire season and playoffs? This allows teams to choose when they want to use their transactions. If a team drafts well enough then this would allow them to save many of their transaction. I don't know...just brainstorming.
I will vote for this but would like to see it at 4 transactions starting at 2 weeks left. I also want to find a way to encourage trades.
Nope, the only setting is for a minimum number of starts. I can probably make it so there's only 1 goalie position per night, but I personally think we've diluted the importance of goaltending down to the appropriate level for the league. Mayyyyyyybe we need to drop one more goalie stat category in favor of one more skater category but I'm not sure about that...haven't thought it over enough.
I don't like the GS category or the SV category. They seem more about quantity and not quality.
Is it an option for each team to have a certain number of transactions that they can make for the entire season and playoffs? This allows teams to choose when they want to use their transactions. If a team drafts well enough then this would allow them to save many of their transaction. I don't know...just brainstorming.
Yeah, there is that setting but I hate limiting transactions on a seasonal basis...feels too much like a Roto league where you can be cruising along doing well and then all of a sudden you're out of starts in February with two months left in the season. It would definitely reward drafting well, but just looking at my own results I think I drafted pretty well this year and I still finished the season having shipped out a third of the guys I drafted at one point or another. That's just how I approach the game though, I like to make a lot of moves.
I will vote for this but would like to see it at 4 transactions starting at 2 weeks left. I also want to find a way to encourage trades.
I do too, but I don't know how to do that exactly. Some combination of drastically limiting waiver transactions and shortening the bench/IR would probably be needed, but I'm not sure how I feel about that idea. Preliminarily, I think I don't like it.
I don't like the GS category or the SV category. They seem more about quantity and not quality.
I agree with this and my mind would automatically go towards eliminating the Saves category since that's entirely about quantity rather than quality. I'd prefer to keep the GS category as it encourages players not to sandbag their goalies on the weekend if they're already leading the other categories.
I agree with this and my mind would automatically go towards eliminating the Saves category since that's entirely about quantity rather than quality. I'd prefer to keep the GS category as it encourages players not to sandbag their goalies on the weekend if they're already leading the other categories.
I want to keep them. You could easily be in a spot where you are barley winning GAA and SV % and either be down 1 start or tied and have a shot at saves. You might have 1 goalie playing on a Sunday and your opponent has none. Do you try for the extra 3 points while risking the chance of losing 3? If you remove saves there's way less of a dilemma. If anything just add 1 more offensive category so goalies are a little less important.
I want to keep them. You could easily be in a spot where you are barley winning GAA and SV % and either be down 1 start or tied and have a shot at saves. You might have 1 goalie playing on a Sunday and your opponent has none. Do you try for the extra 3 points while risking the chance of losing 3? If you remove saves there's way less of a dilemma. If anything just add 1 more offensive category so goalies are a little less important.
This is why I would like a maximum GS per week because it encourages GMs to choose their GS more wisely.
Maybe we add short handed points if available. Less of a luck category then short handed goals was. I know a lot are unassisted buy you still open it up a bit.
That's a good idea, and I agree with your points about the Saves category. I think the goalies importance should get nudged just a tiny bit south for next season, and adding a skater category would probably solve that issue.

One idea which I'm sure most won't like is make it 4 goalie starts. With 16 teams most of we're getti g there anyways. This would make it so people could bench there goods less on Sunday's in fear of losing GAA and SV% and if your goalie gets hurt or loses then #1 job it will force more trades.

One idea which I'm sure most won't like is make it 4 goalie starts. With 16 teams most of we're getti g there anyways. This would make it so people could bench there goods less on Sunday's in fear of losing GAA and SV% and if your goalie gets hurt or loses then #1 job it will force more trades.
I can't support that one...too many folks were complaining when the min starts were set at 3 per week. I think now that the league is 16 teams (and possibly less next year) that we could go back to 3 and not have it matter as much as it did when there were 20 of us, but I don't really see the point.

The way the goalie categories are set up, you won't get too much sandbagging unless the opponent's team has no chance of competing that week anyway. There are three quality stats (Wins, Sv% and GAA), two quantity stats (Saves and Starts) and one lucky category (shutout). I think it's a good mix as is, so upping the min starts wouldn't really make that much of a difference with the number of teams being comparatively low to other years.

I've said for years that the goalies are the most overrated players in this league. Since people believe that you need to have the best goaltending to win(It helps but you don't need the best to win).

I've said for years that the goalies are the most overrated players in this league. Since people believe that you need to have the best goaltending to win(It helps but you don't need the best to win).
And for years. One of us have agreed. Not when 2 to 4 players make up 37% of your weekly points.
And for years. One of us have agreed. Not when 2 to 4 players make up 37% of your weekly points.
Yeah, I can't concur either...I lost to Scott's team because his goalies carried him. Perfect storm of injuries, non-starts and bad performance from the guys who did start and just like that, my wire-to-wire season ended in 7 days.
Yeah, I can't concur either...I lost to Scott's team because his goalies carried him. Perfect storm of injuries, non-starts and bad performance from the guys who did start and just like that, my wire-to-wire season ended in 7 days.
I want a warm body in net. That's all I'm looking for, but sometimes you end up with a gong show and have no chance.If I can win the 10 offensive stats I still win for the week. Of course this year it was my offense that was absolutely crap and my goaltending was actually decent.

we could do is a weekly lineup. good: more strategy. good: eliminates the add/drops at the end of the week. bad: players get hurt. bad: eliminates the add/drops in the middle of the week when you know early on that you're about even in one category and adding whatshisface could win you the week. bad: makes top tier goalies a lot more valuable since you can't edit your lineupwe could also possibly decrease the players playing per day while keeping the same roster size. good: adds strategy of who you're playing each day/week. bad: a lot more lucky/unlucky starts/sits whereas now that only really happens for goalies.I think a lot of the decisions depend on the size of the league next seasonp.s. I hate anything shorthanded (points or goals) because I don't think you can really draft for that or the amount of drafting towards that is minimal. Hits you can draft for. Shots you can draft for. I don't like the lucky categories.