Adam's Extreme Fcp Yahoo League 2011-12

I have as many power play points tonight (a 6 game Monday) as I had all of last week. Doesn't seem that terribly significant except my season ended in a tie with PPP's deadlocked at 4 apiece.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not that any of the guys you've dropped are going to do anything but shouldn't only top 4 teams at this point be allowed to make moves?
There's still a Consolation tournament going, everyone still playing a game is still allowed to make moves. I did cancel a waiver pickup I was going to attempt though, in the interest of allowing the player to go to a contender.

The more I think about it I think there should be a weekly transaction limit OR a deadline prior to the playoffs for making transactions.

The more I think about it I think there should be a weekly transaction limit OR a deadline prior to the playoffs for making transactions.
I'd be in for some transaction limit per week during the playoffs. During the regular season especially at the beginning, I think that it's fine to do a bunch of transactions if you drafted the wrong players.One issue with the playoff deadline for transactions (I'm assuming you mean frozen rosters) is how to deal with injuries (both dtd and dl) - it would stink not being able to replace an injured player.

It looks like there is a mechanism built into Yahoo that allows me to set a maximum number of transactions per week, so if we wanted to set a max allowable number and apply that starting next year that would be pretty easy. I'm personally not really in favor because this league doesn't do any trading at all, so unless you draft amazingly well you have to be very active making drops and pickups to stay in contention and I enjoy the aspect of rewarding the really active teams who stay involved all year. That's just my opinion. As for locking teams down in the playoffs, I think it's probably fairest to implement a new rule for next year that only the teams that are still in contention for the Championship are allowed to make Drops/Pickups/Claims but the Consolation guys can still edit their rosters to play out their final games. I think whatever rule we implemented (if we decided to do so) should be considered with a firm eye on the playoffs since that seems to be the only time it really comes up. Lets have some discussion on it, and if a good number of guys want to vote in the change I'm all for it. I totally agree with Andre that if one of your players heading into the playoffs all of a sudden gets hurt or starts dogging it horribly, it would suck not to be able to replace him. At the same time, I don't want anyone getting pissed or quitting because they don't like the setup, this is everyone's league and the majority should always be happy. So let's find a happy balance and go with that for next year and beyond. I'm not sure if we need to vote or not, but I think we can probably all agree that non-contention teams should have roster changes locked out as they are eliminated, right? No one really cares about the consolation since there's no money involved.

I can't say what I would've done had my opponent not done 4 transactions last night but after seeing that I sure as hell wasn't going to keep some scrubs who weren't playing on Sunday. Anyway, I like the weekly transactions idea for the playoffs. I still think you'd see the Saturday add/drop fest for those Sunday games though.In the final next week, there's no reason not to drop your star players if they have no games left. That's where I think it becomes silly.The only other option is to overhaul the league but I don't think we want that really.

I don't care what we do. I dropped 4 players last night. 3 are injured and who knows if they will play again. 1 is for PIM's and he hasn't gotten me any recently. These are all guys I should have either dropped earlier or would have been dropped going into next week. I could have easily dropped more but they would have been for players that would have made my team worse. Can't we do a daily limit? Maybe 2 so on Saturday night you can't do a huge drop.

Whatever we do (if anything) would have to be monitorable by Yahoo, I'm not going to police 16 teams worth of adds and drops every week to make sure everyone stays compliant. My own personal feeling is that as long as the rules are the same for everyone it's not an unfair advantage, we all have depth and role players that are only there for certain categories and are very expendable at a moment's notice, it's part of the game in a very deep league. I'm just one guy though, there's 16 of us and everyone gets an equal voice and vote. I'm just saying I'm not going to police pickups is all, it would have to be something Yahoo does for us. <grin>

Re: Playoff Adds and Drops...Adam's right. Unless Yahoo auto-limits and/or tracks this type of thing, it's way too much admin to bother with. For my part, I didn't drop anyone off my team after my last week and I don't know if anyone else did, but they shouldn't have. If eliminated teams start dropping decent players just because they are out in order to make them available (for whatever reason), that def is something that shouldn't happen, esp if it's a marquee player and next thing you know it's a waiver war.If there is a setting to prevent drops and adds by eliminated teams, make it so. If not, just don't.For teams still playing, if there is a setting to apply adds and drops only to DTD/IR type players, make it so. If not, it should be anything goes, otherwise it's too much of a headache.

Just to clarify, every team that is eliminated from the Championship or Consolation (the 9-16 teams that did not make the playoffs) was locked out of making any changes as soon as the regular season ended. I've always done that, dating back to one of the first years we did the league when someone who didn't make the playoffs inexplicably decided to drop every member of his team to waivers and I had to manually add them back. The 1-8 teams are all still playing for something, there are still games going on, so it's business as usual for those teams under the current rules. The proposal at hand is that only the teams that are still eligible to win money (finish 1st through 3rd) should be able to make roster changes. Current System:1 - Lost Cause (eliminated Playoff Week One, playing the Consolation Tournament for 5th Place, able to make any/all changes).2 - Dubey (eliminated Playoff Week One, playing the Consolation Tournament for 5th Place, able to make any/all changes).3 - GoBears (Championship Game, able to make any/all changes).4 - Canadian Gothic (eliminated Playoff Week One, playing the Consolation Tournament for 7th Place, able to make any/all changes). 5 - Super Friends (eliminated Playoff Week Two, playing for 3rd Place, able to make any/all changes). 6 - Ingmen (eliminated Playoff Week One, playing the Consolation Tournament for 7th Place, able to make any/all changes). 7 - Juicy Couture (Championship Game, able to make any/all changes).8 - Corona Ice Kings (eliminated Playoff Week Two, playing for 3rd Place, able to make any/all changes).Proposed System:1 - Lost Cause (eliminated Playoff Week One, playing the Consolation Tournament for 5th Place, able to edit roster but no add/drops).2 - Dubey (eliminated Playoff Week One, playing the Consolation Tournament for 5th Place, able to edit roster but no add/drops).3 - GoBears (Championship Game, able to make any/all changes).4 - Canadian Gothic (eliminated Playoff Week One, playing the Consolation Tournament for 7th Place, able to edit roster but no add/drops). 5 - Super Friends (eliminated Playoff Week Two, playing for 3rd Place, able to make any/all changes). 6 - Ingmen (eliminated Playoff Week One, playing the Consolation Tournament for 7th Place, able to edit roster but no add/drops). 7 - Juicy Couture (Championship Game, able to make any/all changes).8 - Corona Ice Kings (eliminated Playoff Week Two, playing for 3rd Place, able to make any/all changes).That way, only the guys still in the money would be able to add or drop players to and from the talent pool.

I'm definitely in favour of the proposed system, but I would like to see (4) maximum transactions per week. Yahoo does allow this setting, and infact they even have it as their default setting in all public leagues.

For the record, I don't have any issue with anyone dropping any/some/all their players at any time right now to improve their chances of winning because it is currently within the rules.Let's say a team is in the finals and there are only Saturday's and Sunday's games left. Tampa Bay doesn't play on either of those nights so the team with Stamkos chooses to drop him in favour of Zac Rinaldo because one of the categories they are currently losing is PIMs. I have a little problem with this. I understand the move is designed to improve your chances of winning but something about it just doesn't seem right to me. Stamkos was drafted by the team and played all season with the team and I don't like that the end of the pool turns into somewhat of a waiver battle. I view our draft as much more important than waivers. I won't have a big problem with it staying as is (everyone plays under the same rules), but I think we should limit transactions/week for the entire season including the playoffs. Also, if we wanted to only allow players on IR or DTD to be dropped during playoffs then this can easily be monitored. A list of all transactions can be viewed and each player has a IR or DTD beside their name (if applicable).

Hmm...I was thinking that dropping Stamkos or any obvious player that shouldn't be dropped would be blocked by the Can't Cut List like it would have been in the regular season, but I'm not seeing that it applies in the playoffs for some strange reason. That's weird, I would think that would be when it would matter the most.

It looks like I have the ability to change the "Maximum Player Acquisitions Per Week" setting in the league right now if I wanted to, so there probably is no reason we couldn't add the 4 Transactions per week rule for next year's playoffs.

These are my proposed changes for next year. If there are other managers interested maybe we can vote. 1. Do a daily limit of 2 transactions or weekly of 4-6. I don't mind having only teams with a chance to win money only be allowed to add/drop but I think any team still playing should be 2. We should be able to trade draft picks. This would actually result in trades and might keep managers who arent going to make playoffs more involved. 3. I think yu should be able to start 3 goalies and not 2. This will allow people who are busy to not get screwed cause they have 3 goalies playing but can't check before the game to see who is actually starting. Those are the only 3 I'd like to see.

It looks like I have the ability to change the "Maximum Player Acquisitions Per Week" setting in the league right now if I wanted to, so there probably is no reason we couldn't add the 4 Transactions per week rule for next year's playoffs.
I think it should be open all season but changed to 4 forthe final 3 games of the season as you might still have a team on the bubble go crazy the last few weeks to try and squeeze in.
These are my proposed changes for next year. If there are other managers interested maybe we can vote. 1. Do a daily limit of 2 transactions or weekly of 4-6. I don't mind having only teams with a chance to win money only be allowed to add/drop but I think any team still playing should be 2. We should be able to trade draft picks. This would actually result in trades and might keep managers who arent going to make playoffs more involved. 3. I think yu should be able to start 3 goalies and not 2. This will allow people who are busy to not get screwed cause they have 3 goalies playing but can't check before the game to see who is actually starting. Those are the only 3 I'd like to see.
1. I think transactions should be limited somehow...not sure what the best would be.2. I'm leaning toward not agreeing with this.3. I do not agree with this at all.
The problem with trading draft picks is that we're not a keeper league and there's been quite a bit of turnover in the ranks over the years. There would be nothing to stop someone from trading away their 1st round pick in 2013 and then leaving the league in between then.