Adam's Extreme Fcp Yahoo League 2011-12

I've done the best I could with my roster but I honestly think I'm probably a dog to Scott's team (the Ice Kings). It's the 1 seed (me) vs the 8 seed but his team is very good and I don't match up well against them at all. Only team to defeat me in the regular season (although I had six ties) and he smoked me 11-3. It's all going to come down to goaltending...I really need Craig Anderson back in a bad way. Thankfully Neuvirth pitched a shutout yesterday so he should get a couple of the Capitals' three starts this week.
I picked up Tokarski to balance losing Garon to injury. Your biggest positive with goaltending is who knows how many games Halak will play compared to Elliott.Moving it to 8 playoff teams made me sneak in this year. Like people said there was a large discrepancy between the top 8 and bottom 8.
  • Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize that we had changed it to 8 from 6 like in prior years - would have been a great final week if we had stayed at 6 since except for Adam who had locked up his playoff spot first, there was a logjam of teams from 2 to 8.

I was quite worried a few weeks ago because I knew my team wasn't doing so hot and would struggle to get to 6th (I think it was right after I played gobears) but then I realized it was 8 teams.Dubey's a tough team and my team is very up and down. Having a lot of Sharks hasn't been helping lately.

Well, this sucks. Three goalie teams playing tonight and I'm not going to get a single start out of it. Both of Scott's guys are going which is going to put me in a huge hole that I stand about zero chance of getting out of. I have Lundqvist, Neuvirth and Clemmensen, their teams are going with Biron, Vokoun and Theodore. That should about take care of my season in one fell swoop.

Well, this sucks. Three goalie teams playing tonight and I'm not going to get a single start out of it. Both of Scott's guys are going which is going to put me in a huge hole that I stand about zero chance of getting out of. I have Lundqvist, Neuvirth and Clemmensen, their teams are going with Biron, Vokoun and Theodore. That should about take care of my season in one fell swoop.
Just hope his goalies suck tonight and you can win the GAA and Save% categories for a goalie-category split.
Just hope his goalies suck tonight and you can win the GAA and Save% categories for a goalie-category split.
The problem is that my only legit chance of winning this week would be to basically sweep the goalie categories and points categories...he's almost unbeatable at FW, Shots and Hits, the rest of the categories are just luck and circumstance really. Saves and Starts are pretty much out of reach by default now...he had more starts in hand to start the week than I did and just got a two start cushion due to soft scheduling for my teams.*Edit* Well...half a rebate, Neuvirth got the start tonight after all. Might not all be lost.

Former Frasier alum Bebe Neuwirth gave up 4 goals but managed to hold the fort during the last 30 minutes of the game while Ovechkin's 3 goal night helped Washington's playoff hopes in a come from behind victory against the Isles Tuesday night.2665_Bebe_Neuwirth_photo_2.jpg

Jeez Adam, pick up enough guys for the last day of the week?
Well no, if I could have found anyone else worth adding I would have picked them up too. :club: Game is too close not to go for it and try to stay in this thing, besides, I only dropped some of my role players who had already served their purpose.
Well no, if I could have found anyone else worth adding I would have picked them up too. :club: Game is too close not to go for it and try to stay in this thing, besides, I only dropped some of my role players who had already served their purpose.
I'm disappointed you had to use that route to win. That's just my opinion, it ****ing bothers me when people do that shit.
I'm disappointed you had to use that route to win. That's just my opinion, it ****ing bothers me when people do that shit.
I'm not sure why it would bother you...it's not like I dropped any of my star players. I specifically avoided dropping anyone who wasn't a role player just to avoid potentially pissing anyone off. If I did something wrong in your eyes I'm sorry I offended you, but to my mind we all play by the same rules and there is no limit to the number of weekly transactions you can make or when you can make them as long as it's before the next day rolls over. Also, it's not looking like I'm going to win anyway. First tiebreaker is regular season win % and you smoked me in our second meeting this season.

That's been a strategy that various owners have used in the past years in the playoffs - I picked up two guys yesterday for the same purpose since there were a bunch of close categories (hits, PIM) in my playoff match. We could vote on a maximum # of moves per week or something if we want to change the rules for next year or even the rest of the playoffs. However other things to consider would be injuries (not just the DL but the day to day) - I wouldn't hesitate to swap out an injured guy if I wasn't sure when he would return and wouldn't want to be constrained by a maximum # of moves hard stop.

That's been a strategy that various owners have used in the past years in the playoffs - I picked up two guys yesterday for the same purpose since there were a bunch of close categories (hits, PIM) in my playoff match. We could vote on a maximum # of moves per week or something if we want to change the rules for next year or even the rest of the playoffs. However other things to consider would be injuries (not just the DL but the day to day) - I wouldn't hesitate to swap out an injured guy if I wasn't sure when he would return and wouldn't want to be constrained by a maximum # of moves hard stop.
Can't really change anything for the rest of these playoffs, but if everyone wants to vote a max number of transactions in the playoffs for next year (and there's a mechanism built into Yahoo for monitoring it) then I have no problem with that.
I agree, maybe we should do a vote for the remainder of the playoffs.

I'm pretty sure that Hartnell goal with 0.9 of a second left in OT was the deciding factor.I ended up losing 9-7.Take the Hartnell goal away and the GOALS category is tied. (8-7 for The Super Friends)It would also remove a +1 from Hartnell giving us a tie in the +/- CATEGORY (7-7 now)I believe I would have won based on the tiebreaker. Also, Brooks Orpik was -1 for the game and I'm not sure if he was on the ice when the Hartnell goal was scored so I may have won without a tiebreaker if he was.Anyway....I hate Scott Hartnell!

I'm pretty sure that Hartnell goal with 0.9 of a second left in OT was the deciding factor.I ended up losing 9-7.Take the Hartnell goal away and the GOALS category is tied. (8-7 for The Super Friends)It would also remove a +1 from Hartnell giving us a tie in the +/- CATEGORY (7-7 now)I believe I would have won based on the tiebreaker. Also, Brooks Orpik was -1 for the game and I'm not sure if he was on the ice when the Hartnell goal was scored so I may have won without a tiebreaker if he was.Anyway....I hate Scott Hartnell!
Not only is he having a career year but that goal was huge. Not sure how I faded so many of your players on Sunday. Thought for sure my season was over.
I'm not sure why it would bother you...it's not like I dropped any of my star players. I specifically avoided dropping anyone who wasn't a role player just to avoid potentially pissing anyone off. If I did something wrong in your eyes I'm sorry I offended you, but to my mind we all play by the same rules and there is no limit to the number of weekly transactions you can make or when you can make them as long as it's before the next day rolls over. Also, it's not looking like I'm going to win anyway. First tiebreaker is regular season win % and you smoked me in our second meeting this season.
I've had people do this where they've dropped 20+ players in a week just to pick up new guys and then do it all again for 3+ days. It pisses me off because, I feel like it's a loophole in the system that is only used come playoff time and it defeats the purpose of drafting players when you can just randomly pick up guys for a game here and there. I've lost leagues before only because people have used this method is just ****ing bothers me. Even picking up guys who play third-fourth lines will still pick up valuable points when it comes to hits, blocked shots, and other categories. I'm sorry I went off on you Adam, but this has been something I've hated for years.I understand if you're dropping injured players and adding someone and or making a straight 1v1 swap(I swapped Penner for Colin Wilson and that actually backfired against me).
I'm sorry I went off on you Adam, but this has been something I've hated for years.
It's cool man, no big deal. We'll just have to be in disagreement on the subject as I still think it's just part of the game. Congrats on the win, I'll be pulling for you! <grin>