• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter if he has made 1 or 2 friends, it was a game over play! His strategy is to send the 5 people from his old tribe to the jury and then ask them for a million bucks LOL... I think a better move is to stick with his old tribe and then back door ozzy down the road when the flip is less dangerous to his game and would gain more respect from others.

I would not be surprised if his old tribe voted him out in 2 weeks once they could get rid of enough of the other tribe to still have numbers. Obviously I can't get into his head and see what he is feeling and thinking but it has to be pretty difficult to take the verbal abuse he took daily from those people and not want to get revenge regardless of the game. I think his personality shows that he has been picked on most of his life and now he found himself in a spot where he could fight back. He wasn't winning regardless of what direction he was going. I don't see how that can be an argument. He just wasn't a contender. He got this far by being someone the other tribe could walk all over. He was either first off his old tribe when they decide it was time to start cutting weight or he is first off with the other tribe. I think he actually gains a few extra days in the game with this move. I think the only way this is a bad move is if he though that he could beat the other 5 tribe members of his old team. Does anyone actually believe that was possible? I just don't see how he could make it happen. I mean come on, who beats the all powerful wizard of Oz? Super Survivor Man? I am glad they were stupid enough to try and use someone they made fun of since day one to make some huge move. Made this season finally interesting.

I would not be surprised if his old tribe voted him out in 2 weeks once they could get rid of enough of the other tribe to still have numbers. Obviously I can't get into his head and see what he is feeling and thinking but it has to be pretty difficult to take the verbal abuse he took daily from those people and not want to get revenge regardless of the game. I think his personality shows that he has been picked on most of his life and now he found himself in a spot where he could fight back. He wasn't winning regardless of what direction he was going. I don't see how that can be an argument. He just wasn't a contender. He got this far by being someone the other tribe could walk all over. He was either first off his old tribe when they decide it was time to start cutting weight or he is first off with the other tribe. I think he actually gains a few extra days in the game with this move. I think the only way this is a bad move is if he though that he could beat the other 5 tribe members of his old team. Does anyone actually believe that was possible? I just don't see how he could make it happen. I mean come on, who beats the all powerful wizard of Oz? Super Survivor Man? I am glad they were stupid enough to try and use someone they made fun of since day one to make some huge move. Made this season finally interesting.
Disagree.You're saying since his odds of winning are low he should just throw in the towel and stand up for himself? The whole thing about him getting picked on was overdone. He started saying this to the other tribe to gain information and then suddenly it became a bigger issue.EVERY season players make it to the end who were not suppose to. Players often win the game who were not suppose to. It's one thing to blindside 1 person and lose his vote, but to do it to 5 people was simply a mistake. He lost the game 100% making that move regardless of buying an extra couple of days. Who beats Ozzy? Dude has a huge target on his back and is public enemy #1. He's not someone to be scared of, he's the guy you should want to blindside to have a chance at winning the game. Him and Dawn could've formed their own alliance a couple of immunities later when it made more sense.
Disagree.You're saying since his odds of winning are low he should just throw in the towel and stand up for himself? The whole thing about him getting picked on was overdone. He started saying this to the other tribe to gain information and then suddenly it became a bigger issue.
No that is actually not what I was trying to say. I don't believe the whole thing was overdone though. He has been picked on openly since day 1. Even if edited oddly it still doesn't change the fact that they treated him like poo for the whole time. They clearly had no respect for him and used him because they knew essentially that he has no self confidence and would do anything for them to get further in the game. My point is this, hopefully I can make better sense of it a third time. I believe his psychological makeup is that he is a shy, not very confident, always been picked on kind of guy. THAT is what drove him to do what he did yesterday. He found people who (whether they are playing him or not) took him in and treated him nicely. I think when you are someone like Cochrane that will have an effect on you. Was it the right thing to do? Who knows. Probably not. We won't know until we see how ti plays out. I also think that since he is such a fan of the show, the idea of flipping on his tribe was a temptation because it will be a move people talk about. But essentially, he made the move by relying on his feelings and emotions. I have no idea if it was the right move or not, but I personally liked the move because as I stated before, I despise everyone in his old tribe and seeing their faces entertained me. I personally believe he lasts longer in the game if he stays on the new tribe and the tribes continue to stay separated. Though the previews make it seem that everything gets torn apart.

you all have discussed about everything i was going to say.coach is pretty damn smart and Cochrane had to be pooping himself just a little bit when coach was explaining to him their exact plan to a "T"I don't think Cochrane should have switched, but I can see his point about not wanting to leave everything up to a game of chance and wanting to at least be able to have control of his destiny, even if it meant getting voted off sooner.

Maybe that's the answer: he saw that his odds are equally bad either way, so he figured the 1 in 7 chance of going home was worse than eking out another week and hoping for a miracle. If he's smart, he'll start planting the "I'm easy to beat in challenges and nobody will vote for me" seed so that people will want to take him to the end. Then he just has to find people who will use that strategy. Coach won't, Coach will base it on loyalty. But Brandon might, Dawn almost certainly would. So Cochrane could make final 3, but it seems unlikely he has any chance of votes for the million.Whichever tribe he stuck with, he'd have to make a minority move eventually. As Gov said, if you do it later, you piss fewer people off and have a possibility of votes at final. But the 1 in 7 chance of going home randomly seemed to loom large in his head, so maybe he thinks people will forgive him by then.

Given the generally spiteful way people vote at the final council, Cochrane would be hard pressed to get any votes at all, especially from his "former" tribe. Now he (sort of) has 6 people on his side and 5 "against" him, instead of the other way around. If he somehow manages to get to the end, maybe it will be in such a way as to garner a few votes, but I kind of doubt it...

I feel that from a personal perspective Cochrane made the right decision and strategically didn't help himself out, but he was in a position with nothing to lose also. Although Dawn was his friend she was unwilling to ever stand up for him or be a comfort to him openly. I feel like she will be able to now even though they are clearly on opposite sides of the fence, she could be used later on to break Coach's team up.I don't think that Cochrane is in a position where he definitely won't get any votes, but it would be hard to sell that he gets many at all. It really depends on who is in the end with him and the situation they got to that point. Are Edna and Brandon a slam duck to win if they are in the final 3 with Cochrane?Votes:Keith: He will vote for Cochrane when hell freezes over, he is very bitter and I don't see him changing his mind.Ozzy: I think Ozzy will actually be more receptive of giving his vote to Cochrane depending on his Cochrane develops as a player.Dawn: The most likely to give her vote to his as "He reminds me of my own son". They have been friends throughout and I easily see her giving her vote to Cochrane before any other player in their tribe.Whitney: See Keith, she feels betrayed yet she never tried to befriend him. She was never giving her vote to him.Jim: He could appreciate Cochranes moves and if none of the strong players from his alliance make it to the end Cochrane could very well have worked his way into this vote.Coach: Coach will likely base his vote on loyalty and give it to someone in his core unless they backstab him and there is a small chance someone like Cochrane could earn it if he continues to grow and contribute.Brandon: I don't see his trust in Cochrane lasting too long, but if it does these guys could easily become fast friends with Brandon feeling like he is playing a protector role.Edna: As a weak player who was in the outs for her tribe she will sympathize with Cochrane and the only player I really can imagine voting for her on her own tribe is Coach.Cowboy: I don't know enough about him to assess him yet.Sophie: I think she likes Cochrane after a fashion and he could work his way into a possible alliance with her and others to oust Coach later making her and the other tribe members the scape goats.It's way too early to predict anything, but I like Sophie, Cochrane, Brandon as the final 3.

WTF about Dawn? First she's all weepy and all supportive of C-man then she gets immunity and she totally does a 180 on him, what a two-faced bitch. After that I don't blame him for flipping at all.

Jim is retarded. Why would he bring it up when they were still talking about stuff, so that they could influence each other, and then decide to not do it? That was the worst case scenario for him, because he now looks like a stupid liar. Whatever. I'll be glad to see him go.

Glad this episode is over. I wish they'd do another double vote next week until we get rid of all the old Savaii.Ozzy and Jim both get voted out but of course aren't out of the game.This RI deal is set up perfectly for Ozzy. I'm assuming it will be similar to last season where every RI comp is no longer a duel, just a "don't finish last" comp. He won't even need to win everything.Would probably be the best drama for this season anyways. If Ozzy were to come back into the game with only 5 or 6 people left, he would be a threat to run the table on immunity and get to the finals.Curious what he wrote when voting for Cochrane at the 1st tribal tonight that got blurred out. Cocksucker?

Whitney and Dawn both voted for Ozzy! Didn't see that coming.
This on top of the fact Savaii are a huge bunch of crybabies. Turning vicious on Cochrane and not being accountable for the fact they just kept him around because he was useful in eliminating more potent threats is just ****ing awful human behaviour. Oh, no! Someone messed up my plan to win!!! Well, Jim was never winning in the first place and neither was Whitney. And Whitney! Crying at tribal? **** you, bitch. "You disgust me", Whitney. Remember those words.I'm totally fine with Ozzy having to take the hard road back, which may barely redeem him in terms of his entitled behaviour this season.Those Savaii idiots are so stupid to think that Cochrane would just keep on doing what they told him. It's appalling.

Dawn and Whitney voted with the majority because they are trying to find any "in" with the main alliance they can. Obviously the chances of that working is pretty slim, but I've seen crazier things happen. This happens when one alliance has a big majority over the other, and the minority tribe knows exactly who is going home (Ozzy). In Jim's vote it wasn't clear which one was going to be voted out so they went back together and voted for Edna and banked on Jim's plan working.It happens every season I'm suprised that you guys seem confused by it.

I had to pause the show to RAGE yell at the TV after Whitney played her little, poor me we are being vilified act.Yeah... the truth is is that you guys fail at this game and are the ones down on numbers. If you had the numbers you would be doing exactly what coaches tribe is doing. Stop being such a whiny hypocrite. I hate this show because it makes me hate people more than I already do. I think Jim jumped the gun on his "ploy" to see if the other tribe would show some sign that they would go his way. I think Coaches response was perfect. And that allowed Jim to be a coward and keep his immunity. Just another hypocrite.

I had to pause the show to RAGE yell at the TV after Whitney played her little, poor me we are being vilified act.Yeah... the truth is is that you guys fail at this game and are the ones down on numbers. If you had the numbers you would be doing exactly what coaches tribe is doing. Stop being such a whiny hypocrite. I hate this show because it makes me hate people more than I already do. I think Jim jumped the gun on his "ploy" to see if the other tribe would show some sign that they would go his way. I think Coaches response was perfect. And that allowed Jim to be a coward and keep his immunity. Just another hypocrite.
YES!!! Angry Steve breakin' it DOWN!!!!<agree 100%>Oh, and lol @ Brandon giving Dawn the business. While he was somewhat off centre, he made enough sense that I liked the fact he was calling her out for trying to get an "in".

I sort of wish I could fast forward through a lot of this season, it's become one of the weakest in recent memory. Not only are the contestants boring and the outcomes are predictable, the production side of it seems lacking too. They just aren't showing much around camp or the beautiful shots around the islands. Seeing ozzy catch the big fish at redemption was the only super minor highlight. I want to see someone chop off a chicken's head or catch a pig. At least fight over what they should be eating. Is everyone always eating the exact same amount of rice? That never happens. Has it not rained yet? I want to see people shivering under a giant leaf. Also where are the boobs? Need a new casting director. What's Rick's story? Has he even said a word?

I sort of wish I could fast forward through a lot of this season, it's become one of the weakest in recent memory.
You mean since last season. When everyone aside from Philip was boring and Boston Rob's tribe owned the game. I've said it in probably about a 100 survivor posts, when they bring the returners back (Coach Ozzy) it takes away too much from the other contestants. Now add Redemption Island in there and we have only 5-10 minutes of seeing what goes around at camp along with >10 minutes of tribal council. So we are seeing 20 minutes or less of these contestants over a 3 day span with the rest of the time spent on challenges. With 16 contestants the TV time is going to be geared towards the returners and maybe 2-3 other people in the tribe. There is just not enough programming time and we are not going to know anything about 4-5 people in each tribe.So who have we really gotten to know this season? Brandon, Coach, Ozzy, and Cochrane. There have been bits and pieces of other people, but this far into the season those 4 are the only one's who have told their story. Bringing back these returners makes sense, it is all for ratings, but as a fan of the show I hate it. Either have a season with everyone being a returner, or just have all new people.
You mean since last season. When everyone aside from Philip was boring and Boston Rob's tribe owned the game. I've said it in probably about a 100 survivor posts, when they bring the returners back (Coach Ozzy) it takes away too much from the other contestants. Now add Redemption Island in there and we have only 5-10 minutes of seeing what goes around at camp along with >10 minutes of tribal council. So we are seeing 20 minutes or less of these contestants over a 3 day span with the rest of the time spent on challenges. With 16 contestants the TV time is going to be geared towards the returners and maybe 2-3 other people in the tribe. There is just not enough programming time and we are not going to know anything about 4-5 people in each tribe.So who have we really gotten to know this season? Brandon, Coach, Ozzy, and Cochrane. There have been bits and pieces of other people, but this far into the season those 4 are the only one's who have told their story. Bringing back these returners makes sense, it is all for ratings, but as a fan of the show I hate it. Either have a season with everyone being a returner, or just have all new people.
Agreed although last season was still more enjoyable than this one. Boston Rob played an extremely smart game and made the season much better to watch even if there was partially a pecking order. He employed strategy with every decision so I at least I was rooting for results each night. I could care less about who goes home so far each night.I agree with you though that players getting second chances are getting all the air time and it's rather annoying. Redemption just has to go (which I've preached about a billion times as well), if they do another season of it there's no hope left.Like you said, 1 hour just isn't enough time to show the survival & living conditions around camp which is a real shame for a show called survivor.
Dawn and Whitney voted with the majority because they are trying to find any "in" with the main alliance they can. Obviously the chances of that working is pretty slim, but I've seen crazier things happen. This happens when one alliance has a big majority over the other, and the minority tribe knows exactly who is going home (Ozzy). In Jim's vote it wasn't clear which one was going to be voted out so they went back together and voted for Edna and banked on Jim's plan working.It happens every season I'm suprised that you guys seem confused by it.
They didn't tell the other tribe that they were (as far as we saw) nor are all the votes shown and who voted for who, so what would be the point of them doing it, the majority wouldn't know or care? Also they made sure that Jim's big appeal to the other tribe wouldn't work.
Dawn and Whitney voted with the majority because they are trying to find any "in" with the main alliance they can. It happens every season I'm surprised that you guys seem confused by it.
Agreed, I wasn't surprised at all. Dawn especially has been working the "we're all one tribe now" angle.
who's Rick?
LOL, exactly. Only time we saw him was when he was the swing vote between voting off Mikayla or Edna.
I've said it in probably about a 100 survivor posts, when they bring the returners back (Coach Ozzy) it takes away too much from the other contestants. Now add Redemption Island in there and we have only 5-10 minutes of seeing what goes around at camp along with >10 minutes of tribal council. So we are seeing 20 minutes or less of these contestants over a 3 day span with the rest of the time spent on challenges. With 16 contestants the TV time is going to be geared towards the returners and maybe 2-3 other people in the tribe. There is just not enough programming time and we are not going to know anything about 4-5 people in each tribe.So who have we really gotten to know this season? Brandon, Coach, Ozzy, and Cochrane. There have been bits and pieces of other people, but this far into the season those 4 are the only one's who have told their story. Bringing back these returners makes sense, it is all for ratings, but as a fan of the show I hate it. Either have a season with everyone being a returner, or just have all new people.
Agreed 100%. I hate RI and I'm tired of returnees unless it's an all-star season or even one like fans vs favorites was ok. Not 2 vets against fresh players.I want an old school season - 16 new players, no RI, no idols, merge at 9, 7 person jury, and a final 2. And bring back the gross eating challenge and the Survivor food auction.
They didn't tell the other tribe that they were (as far as we saw) nor are all the votes shown and who voted for who, so what would be the point of them doing it, the majority wouldn't know or care? Also they made sure that Jim's big appeal to the other tribe wouldn't work.
I know they edit them in whatever order they want for TV and don't show them all, but I'd be surprised if the survivors didn't see every vote cast at tribal.
I know they edit them in whatever order they want for TV and don't show them all, but I'd be surprised if the survivors didn't see every vote cast at tribal.
Then why wouldn't Jim come back and raise hell about it after, or someone from the other tribe point it out during the next TC when the girls are whining?