• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very happy for Sophie. Not shocked nobody voted for Albert.
I watch a low % of seasons, but in the few I have that have a final 3, as opposed to when it was just two, there always seems to be one finalist who gets 0 votes.

I will never, in a hundred years, understand how Coach thought it was best to keep Sophie. He deserved to lose for that decision.

Pretty happy with the outcome. Sophie played a strong solid game and won some challenges along the way.No surprise that Ozzy came back from RI.What did surprise me a little was that even though Albert would've been gone if Brandon hadn't given him immunity, suddenly no one talked about voting out Albert. I guess they felt if the final immunity was physical they needed him to prevent Ozzy from winning.I guess despite all the editing through the 2nd half of the season, it really was Coach, Albert, and Sophie all along.Agreed that Coach's big blunder was voting out Rick. I don't see how Rick could've convinced anyone at final tribal to give him the money. Of course if Sophie weren't there, Ozzy might've won finial immunity and the whole game.I'll be honest, going into the final vote, I thought Coach had a slight edge. I knew Albert would be the one (there's always 1 when it's final 3) to get 0 votes, but the last few episodes seemed to show weaknesses in Sophie's social game. I thought she may have rubbed too many people the wrong way, but apparently it was just Ozzy being a sore loser at the time.

Agreed that Coach's big blunder was voting out Rick. I don't see how Rick could've convinced anyone at final tribal to give him the money. Of course if Sophie weren't there, Ozzy might've won finial immunity and the whole game.
This.All the what-ifs are interesting, but really, Ozzie was right -- Sophie was the only one who could beat him. Those other guys were surprisingly bad at challenges. So if Coach takes Rick, Ozzie goes to final and gets all the votes.The same with Brandon -- all this talk about whether he should've played more like Uncle Russell. Russell could do that because he is smart and has an amazing knack of reading people. If Brandon had tried to play like that he would've have made top 10. As it is, he picked a strategy that got him fairly far along. His stupid move -- giving away the necklace -- was very very stupid, but it matched what got him that far in the first place. Without the philosophy of doing that kind of stuff he might be one of the first ones out.

Predictable ending, hate that Ozzy didn't win final immunity, hated his 'for the kids out there' speech even more. Coach should have taken Rick, taking Sophie was insane.I felt really really really bad for Brandon at reunion. Yeah, he's crazy and did not play a good game of Survivor, but he stayed true to himself and what he believed in and that says something. For his family to 'abandon' or not support him is just sad. I think Russell started to make a great point about being Uncle Russell or Survivor Russell and how one is a game character and not a representation of him in real life or the Hantz name. He did not have enough time to make his full point and came off looking like the really bad guy again.i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the idea of One World. wow, what a game changer that will be. Living at the same camp 'with the enemy'. Strategy will be totally different based on tighter relationships between both tribes, isolating people by not sharing food or sharing resources, etc. People will constantly be balancing that 'stay loyal to your tribe until the merge' mentality with not completely destroying their chances of alliances after the merge.

I'm really happy with the outcome. It's the first time in a long time the person I wanted to win actually won.Usually I hate it when the jury comes off really bitter, but I did think that Coach needed to be held accountable for all his "honor" bs. He really did play a horrible social game the entire time after the Cochrane vote out episode.Ozzy was so annoying at the reunion show. "Nature is my god!" Shutup.I'm not going to feel sorry for Brandon unless I learn the whole story. I'm sure he has a family full of assholes, but I also think that Brandon might have burned those bridges prior to the show. I think it is time for Survivor to end their relationship with the Hantz's, I don't like seeing lame people like that get attention.

I lol'd when I saw the challenge for Ozzy & Brandon. They made it a little too obvious the producers wanted Ozzy back in the game. Who can hold on to a pole the longest.I thought Russell looked terrible last night by just being himself. He didn't have to hit a man when he was already down (his nephew of all people). I guess it was to be expected but his ego just poured out in the 30sec he got to talk with no sympathy for Brandon at all. Kind of shows he has no heart for others and I can imagine they had a lot of phone calls with the F word getting thrown around.some thoughts- Would've been awesome if the cheque got ripped in half the way Sophie opened the envelope.- By next season I'll forget who even won and won't recall the name Sophie- Next season sounds pretty interesting with both tribes living at camp and looking forward to no veterans coming back

I lol'd when I saw the challenge for Ozzy & Brandon. They made it a little too obvious the producers wanted Ozzy back in the game. Who can hold on to a pole the longest.I thought Russell looked terrible last night by just being himself. He didn't have to hit a man when he was already down (his nephew of all people). I guess it was to be expected but his ego just poured out in the 30sec he got to talk with no sympathy for Brandon at all. Kind of shows he has no heart for others and I can imagine they had a lot of phone calls with the F word getting thrown around.
again, i think he prefaced it well. There are two different responses. Do you want Uncle Russell to respond or do you want Survivor Russell to respond.

While I still think Russell played one of the best Survivor games ever in his first season, he is a complete douchebag who should be put down like a mad dog.I'm OK with Sophie winning and Ozzy not winning. Everyone else pretty much already said what needs to be said.

- By next season I'll forget who even won and won't recall the name Sophie
Yeah, it's sort of surprising to me how many totally bland people win. If they took all the winners from past seasons and an equal number of people who never played and said tell me which ones were winners, I'd probably only know 7 or 8 for sure.

Agree with everything everyone said about last night. I did notice that Sophie either wanted nothing to do with the rest of the group after they announced her win or she was just stunned out of her panties. She had that deer in the headlights look.And are they going to keep bringing back two prior contestants each year? I look at the list and nobody really sticks out. The 4-5 people that they can keep brining back, they do (Rob, Coach, Russell, Ozzy). Who are they planning on bringing back? JRB? Johnny Fairplay? Rupert? Colby? JImmy Johnson? Go wiki the list of contestants. I'm sure people can find those you want to see again but it's harder than you think.

JImmy Johnson?
Yes please.I looked at a few survivor websites and they already leaked the cast for next season, and I don't see any returners on there. If there are returners, CBS is doing a good job of keeping it a secret. So far I see 16 contestants for next season, so maybe 2 returners, maybe they will keep it at 16, not sure yet.

I also love the One World concept for next season.Is it going to be both tribes living at the same camp or 2 separate camps located on the same island?Either way it looks like all competitors will have contact with each other, which I like. I think the producers are tired of these iron-clad alliances that never break after the merge. One tribe just picks off the other.With this new format, you can have people on opposite tribes make alliances and plan to join forces at the the merge.

I'm pretty sure if both tribes are living together in the same camp, there will be a lot of sabotaging after a couple of weeks in (Just like Rupert stealing someone's shoes in his first season and selling them at the market LOL). It should make merge time possibly one of the most interesting we've seen so I'm happy the producers have come up with this new concept.Almost every Feb. show has only 16 contestants because of March Madness break so if they already have 16 confirmed I don't think there will be anyone returning.

I, for one, am kind of sick of returning players. I am also not as against Redemption Island like some people.I'm looking forward to this new thing...could be very exciting. Maybe there will be panty raids.

Rupert is running for Gov so you can count him out.I'm tired of returning players anyway. Only way I would like to see any more comeback would be another all star show.

I still like the idea of a "first out" show, where people who were voted out first (or first through third) in their season come back. There were a few quality players in that group that never got a chance.Other than that.... nobody stands out, I guess. Maybe Mike who burned his hands off when he fell in the fire, he was a good player....

I didn't notice on the reunion show and I know Probst didn't talk to everyone, but did Semhar even show up? I don't remember seeing her. (kind of like I barely remember her being on the show)

Yeah, Semhar was there (top left corner from a watcher's perspective). While she probably had the best boobs of the entire group (Sorry, Papa Bear), I am very glad Jeff did not ask her to spew some of that so-called poetry she does. It's not really poetry...it's more like...emotional sewage leaking out or something like that.2s1.jpg