really hope he loses in the duel, his tribe loses the next game, and there's not merge. That would sure make things interesting for Cochran.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't someone on their tribe have mentioned somewhere along the line that Christine had given the finger to her tribe when they tried to cheer her on? Wouldn't that be a clue that maybe she'd be willing to flip if necessary? Seems like that might've been worth mentioning.But maybe Ozzie just needed to be a martyr.

Shouldn't someone on their tribe have mentioned somewhere along the line that Christine had given the finger to her tribe when they tried to cheer her on? Wouldn't that be a clue that maybe she'd be willing to flip if necessary? Seems like that might've been worth mentioning.
The other team probably didn't see that. 1) Christine made it look like she was itching her nose 2) There were only two people from the other tribe 3) They were probably watching their tribe member 4) They never showed the reaction of the other tribe, just Christine's tribe 5) They never talked about it at camp.This leads me to believe that the other team didn't see it.
The other team probably didn't see that. 1) Christine made it look like she was itching her nose 2) There were only two people from the other tribe 3) They were probably watching their tribe member 4) They never showed the reaction of the other tribe, just Christine's tribe 5) They never talked about it at camp.This leads me to believe that the other team didn't see it.
I don't think they saw the middle finger either. There was the time when she openly talked shit about Coach when she was at the challenge against the black lady. So it has been made pretty obvious that Christine is not happy with her original tribe. And the challenge in this episode where the guy was giving Mikayla help and not saying anything to Christine.This whole episode was just lol. First, are people really buying Coach's crap with the praying? I'd go along with it but I'd be and laughing and making faces at the cameras in all of the group praying sessions. Also, lets each give Cochran a Redemption Island pep-talk. You can do it Cochrane! We believe in you! What a bunch of bullshit. I felt like I was watching a crappy movie with all of the inspirational speeches. These people are unbelievable. I wish I was on this season, it would be so much fun to talk shit about everyone in the interviews.At this point I'm rooting hard for Cochrane. He is the only person in the cast who doesn't seem crazy/stupid. He knows he is way out of his element and is on the outs of his tribe, but he has been doing everything possible to stay on the show and I can't help but respect that. The only other person that doesn't fit into the crazy/stupid category is Sophie, she doesn't get much airtime though.

This whole episode seemed designed to put Christianity in the worst possible light, and I'm not blaming that on CBS.

lol @ Brandon thinking 'the big Guy' is on their side. It should be obvious that God wants their team to win challenges and find hidden immunity idols now way more than he wants the other team to.I still love Ozzy, but damn. I want Ozzy to win @ redemption island and I want there to NOT be a merge. I want coach's team to lose and have some huge diabolical plot where Coach gets to Redemption Island and Ozzy and Coach have to battle for the spot to reenter the game.Oh and I'm tottttalllly Team Cochrane. When he was talking about all that Kumbaya shit I was dying.

I hate when people pray for things like winning and money. I don't think Jesus and the Big Guy need to waste their time helping people with that. Ozzy sure likes attention. I loved Jeff at tribal.Jeff: Well let's hope this pays off and there is actually the merge you are expecting.Producer behind the scenes: Yeah, let's hold off on the merge guys.

I hate when people pray for things like winning and money. I don't think Jesus and the Big Guy need to waste their time helping people with that. Ozzy sure likes attention. I loved Jeff at tribal.Jeff: Well let's hope this pays off and there is actually the merge you are expecting.Producer behind the scenes: Yeah, let's hold off on the merge guys.
If Ozzy beats Christine I would bet they would make the merge happen. They wouldn't want to lose Ozzy. Also, I definitely agree with the rest that it made no sense regardless because Christine was most definitely flipping after the merge anyway (They all should know this with their 2 spys they send each time).

Yeah, this could be great for Cochrane, but I have respect for this crazy ass plan. Lots can go wrong, but it's concept is good. Perception of the other tribe will be drastically filtered through the misinformation they are already getting. If they think Cochrane masterminded Ozzy's ouster, they might start counting on Ozzy (assuming he gets back in the game) to be a possibility. Also, if they perceive Cochrane as a bildinsider, they will probably think his allegiance is up for graps, too.I liked the twist. This season finally got exciting.

My prediction is that if Ozzy goes to redemption island you will no longer see shuffleboard, but "You must race to the end of the course. First person to cross the finish line, wins"
I'm waiting for this next week.No more beanbag toss.

I would be very surprised if the producers didn't have to put in writing when things like merges happen. This is a network show and has to abide by standards and practices rules.That was really some third level thinking by Ozzy and it will become the most brilliant or stupidest move in Survivor history. I am a bit bummed, I was really looking forward to seeing Mikayla prance around Ponderosa.

My first thought after the merge: Cochran should flip.But then if you think through the way the rest of it plays out, it doesn't make sense.The other tribe basically told him, we are six strong and not budging. They refused to tell him who they were voting for, which is a huge message in itself -- they don't trust him (as expected). So now Cochran's choices are to be the 7th in a group of 7 who have no cracks or weaknesses, or he can be part of a random draw to be the 6th in a group of 6 that he knows has two people (Dawn and poker guy Jim) who would be on his side. I think he's got near zero chance of breaking into the other tribe, and if he does, nobody on his tribe will vote for him for the million anyway, so he'd have to run the table on the other team. For someone who is such a student of the game, it seems like a pretty bad choice.Not only that, but if you are going to flip, do it on the first vote. Commit to it, not weasel into it. At least then the other tribe might believe you a little.His best strategy would've been to tell the other team that he wanted to go to a tie, so vote for him. Then, when they did the random thing, he would've been safe, and he could've carried his double agent thing another few days. I don't know that they would've believed him, but it would've been worth a try.Now, both sides distrust him and his tribe hates him. His game is over.And to make it worse, he wasted Ozzie's bold move, which is too bad just by itself.

I don't mind Cochrane flipping. He had no game in Ozzy's tribe anyways. They were all assholes to him. He could possibly weasel into some alliance in Coach's tribe, I don't think he will be #7.

I didn't really like Cochrane flipping, at least not the way he did.I kind of agree with what Dawn said, he decided to flip based on emotion.Mainly what didn't make sense to me was - if Cochrane wasn't going to flip on the 1st vote, then why tell Sophie who they were voting for and most importantly who Ozzy was giving the idol to? I know he doesn't really like his tribe, but at least you have a chance to get lucky and pick the right person and then you're in the majority group and like hblask said, you can maybe work with Dawn and Jim to not be on the bottom of that group.Giving the idol to Whitney was a HUGE gamble I felt on Ozzy's part. It could've paid off huge if they had guessed where the votes were going and there was no 2nd vote. Plus the idol may just be put back into the game.Problem is now he's in the minority and is very vulnerable because everyone knows he doesn't have the idol anymore. (He probably didn't worry about that because he assumes he'll win every immunity challenge)Could easily be Keith vs Ozzy in the next RI duel.

I thought this was a great episode, regardless of Cochran's decision.I think Cochran has a lot of play in his new tribe. Brandon is an immediate ally, and will be easy to sway. I also think Coach likes Cochran.There is a lot of game left.

My first thought after the merge: Cochran should flip.But then if you think through the way the rest of it plays out, it doesn't make sense.The other tribe basically told him, we are six strong and not budging. They refused to tell him who they were voting for, which is a huge message in itself -- they don't trust him (as expected). So now Cochran's choices are to be the 7th in a group of 7 who have no cracks or weaknesses, or he can be part of a random draw to be the 6th in a group of 6 that he knows has two people (Dawn and poker guy Jim) who would be on his side. I think he's got near zero chance of breaking into the other tribe, and if he does, nobody on his tribe will vote for him for the million anyway, so he'd have to run the table on the other team. For someone who is such a student of the game, it seems like a pretty bad choice.Not only that, but if you are going to flip, do it on the first vote. Commit to it, not weasel into it. At least then the other tribe might believe you a little.His best strategy would've been to tell the other team that he wanted to go to a tie, so vote for him. Then, when they did the random thing, he would've been safe, and he could've carried his double agent thing another few days. I don't know that they would've believed him, but it would've been worth a try.Now, both sides distrust him and his tribe hates him. His game is over.And to make it worse, he wasted Ozzie's bold move, which is too bad just by itself.
It doesn't matter what they say. When they get to 7 players there would be a big incentive for 3 of them to side with Cochran and blindside the other 3. Being matched up next to him in the final 3 is as close to a sure vote as you can get. As for whether this is better than being 6th out of 6, it's hard to say. Depending on the tiebreaker rules, the chances of his tribe being wiped out are as high as 50/50. So it seems just on that fact alone that it's better to be at the bottom of a tribe that has a 90+% chance of existing than the bottom of a tribe that has about a 50% chance of existing. Also, you do it on the second vote in case they vote for the player with the immunity idol and it doesn't go to a tiebreak. Chances are his game was over no matter what. I can't think of any plausible scenario where he would have won a jury vote even before this week. Juries tend to vote for people with a lot of charisma who dominated the game, or they vote for the least offensive person. I can't see how he would have made it to the final 3 in either of those roles. He didn't have much to lose, and probably significantly increased his odds to make the final 3.

I liked the way Brandon stood up for Cochrane after the votes. It's really been a tough ride for C so far and, really, his tribe has been utterly crappy to him. While I think it was a little premature to flip and not go to rocks, I think he did it largely because he didn't want to do the random thing, which is fine. But I also thought it was kind of dumb to turn around and tell them immediately that it was him who flipped and that he could explain. Cochrane, you don't have to 'splain nothing to those arseholes.

My thoughts about last night are that Cochrane was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. Other than Christine (think thats her name) he didn't have anything close to an ally on his tribe. They all openly hated him, mocked him and made fun of him. I disagree with the earlier statement in the thread about Jim being an ally of his. Jim can't stand the guy. So Cocharne was 6/6 in his own tribe and he wasn't even close to 5. He would have never been able to create any kind of alliance to blindside anyone. Persona non grata in that tribe. So his option was to flip. Now he becomes 7/7. Again, probably a dead man walking with little to no chance to form any kind of alliance to blindside the rest of the team. But I would put the chances here at least 1-2% that he can make something happen, which is 1-2% more than he had with his old tribe.Based on how his tribe acted toward him the entire season, and I realize we are at the mercy of CBS editing, I don't blame the guy for flopping. However, after the vote I really wish he wouldn't have said to Jim "I'll explain later." I wish he would have said, "Jim, suck my nerd johnson ballsack you faux poker playing dooshnozzle. I'm not going to win, you treated me like a pile of dog dung the entire time, so guess what, you aren't winning either toolbucket." Survivor needs more of that. I guess we get to see an hour of Ozzy and Jim and the chick who has had 12 seconds of airtime the entire season berating Cochrane next week.

Good for Cochrane. Will he win? No. But he effed up that ahole of a tribe and hopefully they get dismantled. I despise that tribe. It really shouldn't have been a big surprise to them that he would flip. They have done nothing but treat him like crap and use him and showed zero respect for him since day one and they did all of it right to his face. I think they thought that he was such a weak person that he would never think of flipping. Well good for him. He won't win but at least he wasn't a butt puppet to those dipshits.

What the hell is with drawing rocks anyway? Sounds like a stupid way to break a tie. If I understood things correctly (and I don't think I did), is this how the rock playing would've happened? Anyone who had votes casted against them would be in fact safe, so Keith & Rick would be safe. Anyone with idols would be safe, so Ozzy, Dawn, Whitney would be safe. Making Coach, Edna, Albert, Brandon, Sophie, Jim, Cochrane all vulnerable to going to redemption (not even eliminated)? So Cochrane would've had a 1 in 7 chance of going home if he didn't flip, is this correct? An 86% chance he's making it through with a 72% chance his tribe keeping numbers. It's having AA vs AJ all in for the tournament chip lead. It would've definitely been +EV, and there's no way he'd be a target of going home on a team without numbers anyway. Ozzy would be #1 by far followed by Keith & Jim and probably Dawn. I just don't understand the move. He had all the power sticking with his old tribe as he already made some leeway with the other team (even if it was for malicious intentions). Dawn and him could've formed their own alliance after having the numbers.

What the hell is with drawing rocks anyway? Sounds like a stupid way to break a tie. If I understood things correctly (and I don't think I did), is this how the rock playing would've happened? Anyone who had votes casted against them would be in fact safe, so Keith & Rick would be safe. Anyone with idols would be safe, so Ozzy, Dawn, Whitney would be safe. Making Coach, Edna, Albert, Brandon, Sophie, Jim, Cochrane all vulnerable to going to redemption (not even eliminated)? So Cochrane would've had a 1 in 7 chance of going home if he didn't flip, is this correct? An 86% chance he's making it through with a 72% chance his tribe keeping numbers.
It's not that clear. On this episode it sounded like Jeff said everyone would pick except for Keith and Jim. In the official rules it says that everyone picks except the two voted for and the challenge winners(so Whitney picks). However, the producers reserve the right to break the rules whenever they want- and have in the past. So anywhere from 7 to 10 players would be picking(see page 7 in link). http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/ar..._survivor_rules
It's not that clear. On this episode it sounded like Jeff said everyone would pick except for Keith and Jim. In the official rules it says that everyone picks except the two voted for and the challenge winners(so Whitney picks). However, the producers reserve the right to break the rules whenever they want- and have in the past. So anywhere from 7 to 10 players would be picking(see page 7 in link). http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/ar..._survivor_rules
Ah ok weird, I thought that's what would've made ozzy want to play the idol more to give his team more of an advantage if it came to rocks and potentially win it all. It just makes sense to me that if you have freakin idol you're safe that week.

The plan to fool the other tribe had no traction at all. cochrane is now with a majority team and he appears to have made at least one, if not two, friends (Brandon and Coach). Dawn protected herself well, but she remains at risk, as she ckearly sided with Ozzy and crew.Also, I'm glad Keith got voted off. He was one of the bigger dicks to Cochrane and wasn't shy about it. He also seems to be a crybaby. Jim and Whitney can screw it, too, based on their previews.