The CBS site is up: http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/It doesn't say on the site yet, but the 2 returners are:

Ozzy and Coach. I liked both of them, but I have no desire to see them on survivor again. I'd rather have a full cast of new people. They have both had more than one chance to play.

Russell's nephew is on there. I hope he is exactly like Russell. He would be stupid to tell people that he is related to him.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Coach and LOVE Ozzy so don't hate that move.

Not as much eye candy this year. Edna, Elyse, Mikayla and Whitney seem hot enough. Whitney's from Nashville so hopefully she does well.Few interesting notes from the bios I thought:Albert is a dating coachJim is a Medical Marijuana DispenserMikayla is a Lingerie Football Player and was on cover of February 2011 PlayboySemhar is a Spoken Word Artist, not even sure what that isStacey is a Mortician, creepy

I can't stand any black women that Survivor picks. If they picked a black woman this season, I already hate her. (unless Cirie is back. Cirie is the first out of like 5 million black women on Survivor that has any redeeming qualities at all)Ok, I watched the video and I am 100% behind Mark, the old retired cop with the beard.Also, I can't believe that they picked two black women. Worst season ever, unless they go quickly, although I have hope that the first one in the video, the spoken word lady, might be a normal person. *fingers crossed*

• 2 weeks later...

If you guys are doing your survivor pool, you can go back to choosing the candidates rather than a random draw.There are no real spoilers this year. In fact, most years did not turn out to have accurate spoilers. Season 20 was the only year ever in which you knew in advance who was going to win- which is why I pointed it out. The reason why is because 19 and 20 were filmed at the same time, and the same person posted the correct spoilers for both seasons.

If you guys are doing your survivor pool, you can go back to choosing the candidates rather than a random draw.There are no real spoilers this year. In fact, most years did not turn out to have accurate spoilers. Season 20 was the only year ever in which you knew in advance who was going to win- which is why I pointed it out. The reason why is because 19 and 20 were filmed at the same time, and the same person posted the correct spoilers for both seasons.
I don't think we've ever selected the Survivors, I think we have always done a random draw. And there are always spoilers, you just have to know where to look. I mean, one might not find the actual winner, but one can find which people were possibly voted out early and that is unfair.

I sort of felt that because not everyone had pokerstars $ anymore that we might not be doing one again.Gallo - I think SilentSnow meant that we could go back to the usual draft, random order but you pick your own player. Last year from all the speculation of spoilers we just did a random draft which really wasn't as fun imo.

I watched the hour preview on the TV guide channel that introduced all the contestants, and Probst gave his opinions. There isn't anyone that I pegged to be completely crazy (besides Coach), but there are a lot of strong personalities with interesting backgrounds. I'm think this season is going to be really good.Brvheart there is one black lady (the older one) who I think can be really good and has a fun personality. Probst thinks she can make it all the way. The younger black girl (spoken word artist) was one of the ones that Probst pegged to be the first out. She basically said she is a city girl and hates the outdoors, but she won't act like she hates it, yeah right.The one who seems the most interesting is an older NY fireman who experienced 9/11, and seems extremely macho, but he's gay. Could be fun to watch.

I sort of felt that because not everyone had pokerstars $ anymore that we might not be doing one again.Gallo - I think SilentSnow meant that we could go back to the usual draft, random order but you pick your own player. Last year from all the speculation of spoilers we just did a random draft which really wasn't as fun imo.
Ok, I remember now. Yeah, we did actually do a draft.

I'm ready for this season to start tomorrow. Doesn't look like you guys are doing a draft so I'll throw my .02 in about the cast (not that it would help anyone).Finally got around to watching the short cast interviews, but didn't watch Probst's. I don't know if he films his before the season gets recorded, or if he does it after so his predictions seem smarter so I regard his as a spoiler and don't watch.Ok, probably going to be laughing about these in a month.......Savaii TribeDawn (41)- Says she's a college professor, so is used to being around younger people. Has 6 adopted kids and is Mormon. I don't love her chances. If her tribe loses early, she needs to avoid sticking out as the weak, older lady on this tribe.Elyse (27)- Cute pageant girl (2nd runner-up to Miss America). Doesn't seem like a worthless dummy. Could do well if she's in a decent alliance.Jim (35)- I like this guy. Medical marijuana dispenser, has an MBA, and I think he said he was a WPT champ. Seems to have a good adaptive personality for Survivor.John (24) - Should be interesting to watch. Law student, seems very smart and really awkward at the same time. A little geeky, but I don't think he'll rub anyone the wrong way.Keith (26) - Big athletic guy. Should hang around at least until the merge because his tribe will need him in challenges. Seems a little like Grant from last season. I don't think he's smart enough to win the whole game.Mark (48) - Oldest on this tribe. Retired NYPD detective. Could be a smart player and good at reading people. Not physically scary, the kind you keep in your alliance for a sure vote. Reminds me a little of Mafia Dan.Semhar (24) - Agree with what Tanner wrote about her. Don't think she'll last long. Thinks she's cunning, but won't be tough enough to last out there. Just in it for the money.Whitney (27) - Kinda like this chick. Good eye candy, seems easy-going enough, but not a pushover. If she can get to the merge in a good alliance, she won't be targeted as a huge physical threat and could maybe go deep in the game.As far as alliances, I could see Elyse and Whitney clicking. Not sure if Semhar will fit in with these two. I could also see the younger women gravitate toward Keith. Keith seems to be the only real physical threat on this tribe. If he gets a couple of the girls and then teams up with maybe Jim or John, I could see a decent alliance. I see Dawn and Semhar as pretty vulnerable here, or even Mark because of his age.

Jim (35)- I like this guy. Medical marijuana dispenser, has an MBA, and I think he said he was a WPT champ. Seems to have a good adaptive personality for Survivor.
Here is info on Jim on the wicked chops poker blog:http://wickedchopspoker.com/poker-player-j...-south-pacific/

Upolu TribeAlbert (26)- Interesting guy. Dating coach and a good athlete. Think he'll be a talker, just not sure if he'll come off as charismatic or cocky. Probably hangs around awhile for his strength.Brandon (19)- Russel's nephew and nothing like him. Youngest castaway and has a kid. Seems likeable but I think his game may be a little too timid.Christine (39)- Another interesting personality. If she can blend in well enough with the younger castaways early, I think she can do well. Seems smart, may need to avoid bringing out her "New Yorker" attitude to not rub people the wrong way.Edna (35)- Looks a lot younger than 35. Confesses she's a bad liar. I think she's smart enough to play well, but will need to team up with people that can do the dirty work for her.Mikayla (22)- Playboy cover model and lingerie football player. Pretty, athletic, and does not seem ditzy. I think she could do pretty well.Rick (51)- Oldest castaway and a superfan. Don't think the elements will bother him, he could show some leadership.Sophie (22)- Not sure what to make of her. I know it sounds shallow, but she's the lone younger female that doesn't seem very attractive. I think she might be too smart for her own good. If she comes off as conceited or a know-it-all, she could be an outcast early.Stacey (44)- A little uppity for my taste. She is a little loud and may be too outspoken. Seems physically strong though, so if she can get in an alliance to protect her, who knows?I think alliances in this tribe could go a number of ways. I find it odd that there are only 3 men and 5 women on this tribe, and Albert really the only physical guy. Can't really see the women all teaming up though. I'm not sure how Stacey will fit in, and I have a feeling Mikayla and Sophie could clash. I could see a possible alliance of Albert, Brandon, Mikayla, and maybe Edna. Or the older castaways could stick together - Rick and Christine work with Stacey and Edna.My first choices to stick out and not in a good way are Stacey and Sophie.

And then we have Ozzy and Coach. Wherever they end up could completely change the tribe dynamics.I'd like to see Ozzy on the Savaii tribe. I think he'd get along well with some of the younger castaways there (Keith, Whitney, Elyse). I also think whatever tribe gets Ozzy (especially if it were Savaii) will have a bit of an advantage in physical challenges. Each tribe only appears to have 1 real strong guy, Keith (S) and Albert (U).That would leave Coach on Upolu. I think he'd fit in better with this slightly older tribe. I could see him working with people like Rick and Christine. Also, I want Coach on this tribe because of Brandon. Coach and Russell were both on the same tribe in Heroes vs Villains (though I never really figured out why Coach was considered a villain). Brandon really shouldn't tell anyone, but Coach is one who might figure out the secret.

I think Ozzy is the best player in challenges from all survivor's past contestants. Most Survivor challenges are not brute strength, but rather agility, speed & focus. If his tribe relies on him to be a leader at camp though, forget it. I don't think he's really that type of leader, he aligned himself with smart players in the past who got him far but he just didn't have the brains to see the blindsides coming.

I'm ready for this season to start tomorrow. Doesn't look like you guys are doing a draft so I'll throw my .02 in about the cast (not that it would help anyone).Finally got around to watching the short cast interviews, but didn't watch Probst's. I don't know if he films his before the season gets recorded, or if he does it after so his predictions seem smarter so I regard his as a spoiler and don't watch.Ok, probably going to be laughing about these in a month.......
I've watched them before and it seems he does it after. But he doesn't really go into detail. He's a good judge of character too.

oh man, Hantz is screwed. He has multiple tattoos with his last name in them and he thinks he's going to go without anyone noticing? Yeah right.

OK, I really like Harvard nerd, but it appears he will not last long in this game. I think he'd be fun to hang around with though. He's funny and he uses big words.Poker-player-pot-dealer guy seems entertaining, but failed his first test. After the challenge, he should've just kept his mouth shut instead of engaging in an argument.There are a lot of people with potential, so it could be a good season as long as they don't just keep bikini bimbos around.

we had a random draft at work, we each got 4, and 2 ppl were left out, if they win nobody wins. u have to win, to get paid. there were 4 of us. winner takes all. $100 each.my team is Mark, Elyse, Edna, Rickmark (poppa bear) - i think he gets voted out before the mergeelyse (hot chick) - i think she get to the final 8, and get voted sometime before the final four. she should fly under the radaredna (hot asian chick) - i think dragon slayer is gunna get thrown under the bus, and bc she is his bff, she is gunna go down too, fack.rick (mustache man) - i think he actually is my best chancei think my team sucks tho.

Oh, the black lady is the biggest piece of crap? I'm so surprised!
She was the one who Probst expected to go immediately, the other one that didn't get much airtime is the one who I think could do well.
Poker-player-pot-dealer guy seems entertaining, but failed his first test. After the challenge, he should've just kept his mouth shut instead of engaging in an argument.
He seems like a major douche. I was hoping they were going to target him because Semhar was a firecracker and I liked her tits. You are right, he should have shut his mouth. If you are doing nothing in a challenge you shouldn't be criticizing those who stepped up even if they fail imo. His comments about those who take losing the best just lose all the time really rubbed me the wrong way also. I'm really rooting against this guy.
oh man, Hantz is screwed. He has multiple tattoos with his last name in them and he thinks he's going to go without anyone noticing? Yeah right.
I was laughing pretty hard at that. In all the pre-interviews he talks about how he doesn't want to be anything like Russell, and he is not going to mention anything to the tribe about Russell. Not so easy when your last name is tatooed all over you ****ING IDIOT!I really enjoyed the first episode. There are a lot of entertaining characters and it seemed like they were doing a good job of balancing airtime among the contestants. During the challenge I was rooting for Coach's tribe, but I really liked how Ozzy's tribe kept Cochrane so I might be rooting for that tribe next time. Not sure who I prefer yet. I'm hoping Coach stays with that alliance they kind of made except he needs to replace Hantz with the Asian girl.Not gay or anything, ok maybe a little gay, but I didn't think Cochrane looked that bad without a shirt on. I thought he would be skinnier. And Harvard people are all that white. He shouldn't be embarrased at all with his physique."You can call me papa bear." Really? stfu

Not bad. I think this cast is ok. Ozzy and Coach ended up on the tribes I wanted them to (and where they fit the best IMO). Not sure about Ozzy's "fuck building a shelter, let's go swimming" attitude, but whatever. He's a lock to be kept until the merge because of team challenges. Why the heck would Semhar insist on shooting the coconuts? Did she really think she was more qualified than most on her team?Happy the way it went tonight. I'm not ready to lose Cochran yet, and I sure as heck don't want to listen to poems all season.