• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the difference between a particular gene sequence in an abstract sense and a particular gene sequence that exists within a cell? Can you explain the difference in a way that doesn't boil down

This is pretty funny. The problem isn't the itty bitty details. The problem is Romney refuses to say if he's going to play Poker or Go Fish with the cards, and is on record as saying he doesn't know

I see.   I'd rather give the poor tax breaks than give them welfare. As a general rule. Let them keep their money to live on rather than take their money and then provide for them.

lol DonaldTrumpaments

He was looking especially Orange today, it's a good look for him.

ian bremmer@ianbremmer

Trump is one of extremely few Americans that could ever drive me to pretend I was Canadian.

Christine O'Donnell thinks Akin has done a bad job.

Nate Silver has the Dems as a 87% favorite to keep a Senate majority, I would have guessed they had a 40% chance a year ago.

Christine O'Donnell thinks Akin has done a bad job.

Nate Silver has the Dems as a 87% favorite to keep a Senate majority, I would have guessed they had a 40% chance a year ago.

If the Republicans do not retake the Senate it is because of their Stupidity.

Did you read the Op Ed, Romney was totally correct. Those companies would be stronger today. And of course now we know they will be making cars in china.

http://nlpc.org/stor...ild-jeeps-china

Don't count on Obama winning Ohio.

It is not over yet.

No he wasn't.

Romney did not want them to get a government bailout. The problem is that thanks to Bush destroying the economy

there would have been no private lenders to bail them out. They would most likely have been liquidated, causing massive job losses.

Now that the bailout was far more successful than any conservatives predicted they want to pretend that that is what they were in favor of. It wasn't. Most conservatives were heavily opposed to the bailouts.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/23/news/companies/romney-auto-bailout/index.html

What if they had reported right away that it was a possible terrorist attack based on unconfirmed claims on Facebook and Twitter......and then it turned out that was all BS? Then, how stupid do they look? It took them too long to confirm what happened and that's a mistake that they need to correct in the future. Beyond that, I don't care.

Maybe on April 4th or July 19th, but September 11th?

And so what if you 'mislabel' it? It's not like you are shutting down O'Hara because you raised the alert to level Chartreuse!

Besides, no one was going to say Obama over-reacted by calling it a terrorist attack when it was really just a bunch of guys who attacked and killed our Ambassador.

Whomever made the decision to not label this what it was is not only an idiot, he is a complete idiot. Obama is responsible for not seeing this for what it was, a no-brainer.

Having said that, I don't see this whole thing as being all that big a deal.

The problem is in the fast action response team's role or lack, the embassy security plans, and the response now, not the timing of the correct label.

I also think both parties should take a long, hard look at the recent cuts to embassy security that passed the House (with bipartisan support no less) and assess if that was a wise decision. If this was an outlier, then so be it.

Ultimately I think this is on the head of the Sec State more than the President. I mean you head up the department, I would assume you make these types of calls.

The notion that congress cut the overall budget, and that's why Libya didn't get their security while Paris got increased spendings in their car fleet in order to be more green, doesn't fly.

the budget can get cut, and you can still maintain reasonable levels of security in the world's most dangerous posts.

Especially when it will show he probably claimed he was a foreign born student in order to qualify for Occidental, Columbia and Harvard since he has no student debts and was from a lower middle class family according to Michelle at the convention.

Hey Trump you stupid asshole, how about just DONATING $5 MILLION TO CHARITY.

As usual, The Onion nailed it.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/trump-announces-hes-a-very-sad-man,30077/

NEW YORK—In a blockbuster announcement today, Donald Trump announced that he is a very sad man who has nothing to live for other than drawing attention to himself. "I'm a sad, pathetic human being and a complete waste of life," said Trump, adding that he lives an empty existence, and that he is nothing more than a corporate shill, as well as a failed husband, father, and human being. "I am the piece of shit you stepped in on your way to work. I am the vomit that hurls out of your mouth when you are sick. I want to kill myself very badly. Thank you." Trump then slit his throat from ear to ear.

edit, to custom's post: yeah I mean that would make sense for the first few days and what not, and I was thinking that it would even make sense to say like "we don't know who is responsible" for a while so it's easier for them to track down/collect evidence on the group that actually did it, but they're still sticking to the "we had no idea" story even now well after the fact. that's what biden said in the debate, no? jay carney and susan rice have both said it a bunch, that they had no evidence that it was preplanned, which now is obviously a lie.

I mean I don't know, I think there could be some credible reasons for them to lie here like throwing the terrorists off the trail, but until they come out and say as much it sure does look like some sort of cover up.

Well, they said 24 hours later it was a terrorist attack. Honest question here (high-level security protocols and dissemination of information are fascinating to me): Given that they said within a day it's a terrorist attack, is it really necessary for them to give the entire public the who/how immediately? As you mentioned, at that point you're gathering intel and attempting to track down the people that did it - I'm not sure telling the world exactly who you're looking for is the smartest strategy if you can find them quickly. And, they found them quickly. Remember the news article about the Libyans that found and destroyed the terrorist camp responsible for the attack? I remembered reading that there were 2 or 3 "ex-Special Forces men who just happened to be there that joined in." I'm not really sure what we should've done differently to kill these guys any sooner - I'm okay with some public disinformation when we're actively finding a specific target. Bit of a risk/reward spectrum.

I hope this makes sense. Brain's a bit fried at the moment.

Trump is an idiot, but wheres the downside for obama here?

Well, as a general policy, I don't think the President of the United States should negotiate with people who are pretty much blackmailing him, or reverse blackmailing him.

Well, they said 24 hours later it was a terrorist attack. Honest question here (high-level security protocols and dissemination of information are fascinating to me): Given that they said within a day it's a terrorist attack, is it really necessary for them to give the entire public the who/how immediately? As you mentioned, at that point you're gathering intel and attempting to track down the people that did it - I'm not sure telling the world exactly who you're looking for is the smartest strategy if you can find them quickly. And, they found them quickly. Remember the news article about the Libyans that found and destroyed the terrorist camp responsible for the attack? I remembered reading that there were 2 or 3 "ex-Special Forces men who just happened to be there that joined in." I'm not really sure what we should've done differently to kill these guys any sooner - I'm okay with some public disinformation when we're actively finding a specific target. Bit of a risk/reward spectrum.

Who said that within 24 hours?

All they had to say was "We are working on information and are working on confirming what we have" instead of blaming it on some stupid movie.

It would have been nice after they got bin laden if they would have kept there mouth shut and worked on all the stuff they obtained in the raid. Instead it was spike the football...........now that was really stupid.

Who said that within 24 hours?

Sam, in a speech on Sept. 12 Obama said "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for".

Your probably confused by the story put out by the white house blaming some film after the Sept. 12 Rose Garden speech. This went on for a long period of time.

"But with the US presidential contest entering its critical final phase, the Obama administration deftly avoided getting into any controversy over the murder of Mr Stevens and three other members of the consulate staff by leading everyone to believe the murders were not part of an al-Qaeda plot, but the result of an outbreak of violence caused by a blaphemous film clip. This was certainly the line advanced by Dr Susan Rice, the American Ambassador to the United Nations, and a close confidante of Mr Obama.

Dr Rice, in common with other senior officials in the Obama administration, insisted that the assault on the US consulate had been "spontaneous", rather than a carefully planned attack by terrorists".

http://blogs.telegra...-us-ambassador/

Or you can watch this....now you know you were not dreaming.

"

A new Benghazi twist? http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/24/doubts-surface-over-e-mail-on-claim-of-responsibility-for-benghazi-attack/?hpt=hp_t3

Zelin, who said his RSS feed sends him any new statement from the group, provided CNN with a copy of that feed. It shows no Facebook update between September 8 and September 12, when a posting late that afternoon first referenced the attack. Zelin notes that the posting referred to a news conference the group had held earlier that day in Benghazi in which it denied any role in the assault on the consulate, while sympathizing with the attackers.