• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the difference between a particular gene sequence in an abstract sense and a particular gene sequence that exists within a cell? Can you explain the difference in a way that doesn't boil down

This is pretty funny. The problem isn't the itty bitty details. The problem is Romney refuses to say if he's going to play Poker or Go Fish with the cards, and is on record as saying he doesn't know

I see.   I'd rather give the poor tax breaks than give them welfare. As a general rule. Let them keep their money to live on rather than take their money and then provide for them.

Paul, then Romney, then Obama, then Santorum.
LOL @ people thinking Ron Paul's supporters have the highest IQ of the group, especially if you're dividing racially. There is 0 chance white Obama supporters have a lower collective IQ than Paulites. The Paulites include heaps of southern bigots and TONS of crazy christians--people who simply do not understand and therefore reject science and live in faith-based 'murka.The only "intelligent" Ron Paul supporters are the spoiled, white, early twenty-somethings who are bright but understand literally nothing about the world or politics or the disastrous consequences of an ACTUAL Ron Paul presidency but have latched onto Ron Paul because they find his rhetoric less vomit-inducing than his rivals'.

the subset you describe (educated whitey) represents a much bigger portion of his base than any other candidate. maybe IQ doesn't correlate with education, I honestly don't know, but that's how I arrived at my conclusion.

As you say, stem cells in fact have nothing to do with abortions, as far as a woman having a pregnancy aborted. The ludicrous controversy is that, for embryonic stem cells to be studied and potentially used to create curatives, an embryo is artificially created in a lab. The embryo is grown for a few days until it consists of a few dozen cells, which are then used in research. These microscopic cells existing in petri dishes could never grow into a human, since they are in a petri dish in a laboratory. Aborted fetuses are never used in stem cell research. At least that's my understanding of it. But hey, it's not like stem cells have the potential to cure goddam everything. In 60 years everybody will be all, "LOL @ blindness, deafness, and cancer," the same way we're all "LOL @ polio and the plague."
That's been a cute thing to say by companies wanting government funding for the last decade. "It's going to cure everything"But you are still ignoring the facts:1. If embryonic stem cells are the panacea of cures for all our ills, why isn't private research putting up the money in other countries where they can hack up babies for medical research willy nilly?2. Having medical ethics be set aside for results was tried once before...IN NAZI GERMANY3. Is Europe, the bastion of forward thinking unencumbered by the horrible Christian right forcing their morality down the throats of Christopher Reeves with a diabolical plan to keep him in his wheelchair till he dies ( high five ), making any strides towards finding the cure for baldness from hacked up baby parts? Let's let them spend the R&D and just steal the results. You know they'll need our baby parts, and we'll have a corner on the market.4. If America says something is or isn't moral, then it is or isn't moral. We've said embryonic research is immoral, case closed.
Harvard, Yale, MIT, Cal Tech, Johns Hopkins, Stanford, Princeton, Cornell, Columbia...oh wait.
I was talking about children going to school ( hence the word: child)But we can talk about the founders of all those schools too, since about 95% of all colleges in this country were founded by Christians.Harvard, Yale I know were started by Christians as missionary schools, I'm sure we could look at the others, but it's a tired old argument I've won too many times to care about. Christians are better for education than atheist. That's a fact of history.
the subset you describe (educated whitey) represents a much bigger portion of his base than any other candidate. maybe IQ doesn't correlate with education, I honestly don't know, but that's how I arrived at my conclusion.
Of course IQ correlates to education. We like to think we can judge a person's intelligence, but truth is we need some kind of benchmark, so we compare age to learned facts as a large portion of an IQ test.Which explains why so many MENSA people are idiots.
LOL @ people thinking Ron Paul's supporters have the highest IQ of the group, especially if you're dividing racially. There is 0 chance white Obama supporters have a lower collective IQ than Paulites. The Paulites include heaps of southern bigots and TONS of crazy christians--people who simply do not understand and therefore reject science and live in faith-based 'murka.
Wrong, but lets invert.Who has the higher average IQ.Black Obama supporters, or black Ron Paul supporters?
I think IQ correlates pretty well to # of miles a person's primary residence lies above the Mason-Dixon line* (colloquial) is what I'm saying.*excepting Beans of course
Ok, I clicked on the first one which told me two things:1) You have NO idea what social policy is. That would have been helpful knowledge for this discussion. The expansion of executive power and/or the circumventing of Congress' appointment check on executive power does not qualify as social policy. 2) You are mad because Obama did something that Bush and other Presidents did all the time:http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/01/0...cent-president/cliffs: Obama has used his recess appointment powers far less than any of the last 5 Presidents. Confirms what I thought: he's a centrist wuss. Glad he finally seems to be finding his testicles; Congress had months to confirm these 4 people and did not so screw them.edit: I read the other links. The 3rd is hilarious, thanks for the laugh. The 4th one actually qualifies as social policy. So, 1 for 6! That's pretty good for you. You were really behind the 8 ball since links 1, 5 and 6 are basically the same complaint that I debunked above.
LOL @ people thinking Ron Paul's supporters have the highest IQ of the group, especially if you're dividing racially. There is 0 chance white Obama supporters have a lower collective IQ than Paulites. The Paulites include heaps of southern bigots and TONS of crazy christians--people who simply do not understand and therefore reject science and live in faith-based 'murka.The only "intelligent" Ron Paul supporters are the spoiled, white, early twenty-somethings who are bright but understand literally nothing about the world or politics or the disastrous consequences of an ACTUAL Ron Paul presidency but have latched onto Ron Paul because they find his rhetoric less vomit-inducing than his rivals'.
Obama crushes the poor vote and all the data I have seen suggests that IQ correlates more with income level than anything generally. I wasn't dividing racially.
Looks like President Obama will have to withdraw from the race.David Welden, a citizen of Georgia, filed a complaint under Georgia law challenging the qualifications of Obama to appear on the GA ballot for the office of President. He then contacted Liberty Legal Foundation and requested our assistance. We have been representing him in this action since December. Liberty Legal Foundation filed an opposition to Obama’s motion to dismiss. The Georgia court agreed with our reasoning. On January 3, 2012 Judge Malihi denied Obama’s motion. The court’s short opinion also clearly stated that Georgia law allows Mr. Weldon to challenge candidate Obama’s Constitutional qualifications to hold the office of President. This ruling ensures that the Georgia court will be the first court to address the substantive Constitutional issue of eligibility. All other courts that have heard challenges to Obama’s Constitutional qualifications to hold office have refused to address the substantive issue and have dismissed on procedural grounds.Guess that fake certificate only fooled the left...
Looks like President Obama will have to withdraw from the race.David Welden, a citizen of Georgia, filed a complaint under Georgia law challenging the qualifications of Obama to appear on the GA ballot for the office of President. He then contacted Liberty Legal Foundation and requested our assistance. We have been representing him in this action since December. Liberty Legal Foundation filed an opposition to Obama’s motion to dismiss. The Georgia court agreed with our reasoning. On January 3, 2012 Judge Malihi denied Obama’s motion. The court’s short opinion also clearly stated that Georgia law allows Mr. Weldon to challenge candidate Obama’s Constitutional qualifications to hold the office of President. This ruling ensures that the Georgia court will be the first court to address the substantive Constitutional issue of eligibility. All other courts that have heard challenges to Obama’s Constitutional qualifications to hold office have refused to address the substantive issue and have dismissed on procedural grounds.Guess that fake certificate only fooled the left...
lol, it's like you guys want Obama to win. I can't wait to watch this blow up in the face of conservatives.
Obama crushes the poor vote and all the data I have seen suggests that IQ correlates more with income level than anything generally. I wasn't dividing racially.
Yeah but poor people don't vote.
some must otherwise the Democrats would never win.
He said poor people, not stupid people.Oh that's right, you said poor people were stupid.
He said poor people, not stupid people.Oh that's right, you said poor people were stupid.
IQ measures processing speed not overall intelligence. That's a common misconception. Keep on trolling though I am enjoying the conspiracy theories.yeah, mk, but since Obama probably got 75%+ of the lowest two quintiles....
I think IQ correlates pretty well to # of miles a person's primary residence lies above the Mason-Dixon line (colloquial) is what I'm saying.
So the black reverse migration south is mostly stupid blacks?
IQ measures processing speed not overall intelligence.- Uh..I took IQ tests, they were not timed, however they did base the scores on my age at the time of the test. That's a common misconception. Keep on trolling though I am enjoying the conspiracy theories.
Actually the Social security one was pretty interesting. This site did explain a plausible explanation of why Obama has a social security number issued to residents of Connecticut in the late 1970s.It is one of those "Interesting facts" like the Lincoln/Kennedy facts which will be fun trivia questions in 20 years.
In 60 years everybody will be all, "LOL @ blindness, deafness, and cancer," the same way we're all "LOL @ polio and the plague."
Yeah, but then in 160 years everybody will be all, "LOL @ aging and death" and then bam overpopulation and then the end of the world. Way to go, jerk.
What motivation do I have to click on these links if you didn't even write one sentence describing what they're about?
Come on, you're not clicking on those even with a description.