Well if BG thinks he's a moron that's good enough for me to think he is onto something.

Well that and he is right about everything. Obama's moderation is supported by facts. Just yelling is what you did.

I guess the great economy had me fooled, the way its hiding and everything

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the difference between a particular gene sequence in an abstract sense and a particular gene sequence that exists within a cell? Can you explain the difference in a way that doesn't boil down

This is pretty funny. The problem isn't the itty bitty details. The problem is Romney refuses to say if he's going to play Poker or Go Fish with the cards, and is on record as saying he doesn't know

I see.   I'd rather give the poor tax breaks than give them welfare. As a general rule. Let them keep their money to live on rather than take their money and then provide for them.

My prediction is that if that happens, not a single Republican insider will say that we should abandon the electoral college.

My prediction, that the democrats will scream fraud if Obama does not win.

But Obama will be secretly happy and will move out of Chicago into Malibu where he will begin to cash in on his fame.

He tops $100million in earning in the first 2 years.

Michelle will never again be proud to be an American

Obama will win the electoral college (by a good margin) and the popular vote by about 1%.

Democrats will gain in the Senate. House will remain about the same.

Colorado will "legalize it."

The electoral college will still be a supremely stupid idea.

My prediction is that if that happens, not a single Republican insider will say that we should abandon the electoral college.

Can you elaborate on this? I've been consistently surprised as to not read raving about the unfairness of the electoral college. There was barely any when it was benefitting the R's and barely any now that it's hurting them.

Isn't it kind of a stupid idea? I seem to remember learning about 4 years ago, probably from you, that it is the state's choice as to whether to divide the seats by percentage, or award them all to the winner, which would accomplish the difficult task of making an incredibly stupid idea significantly worse.

Why do I so rarely see even the harmed complaining about this?

Prediction: Obama 275-263.

Obama wins: NV, WI, PA, MI, OH and NH.

Romney wins: NC, VA, FL, CO and Iowa.

Obama's getting Iowa, Colorado will be closer, but I think Obama gets it too.

Internal polling was the main source Nate Silver used in 2008.

Internal polling is what the candidates need to have an actual unbiased count for how things are going.

It's likely not partisan because that would be stupid to lie to yourself.

Internal polling was the main source Nate Silver used in 2008.

Internal polling is what the candidates need to have an actual unbiased count for how things are going.

It's likely not partisan because that would be stupid to lie to yourself.

Nate Silver@fivethirtyeight

FYI: Internal polls released to the public have a 6-point bias, on average, as we saw in Wisconsin recall earlier this year.

Nate Silver@fivethirtyeight

FYI: Internal polls released to the public have a 6-point bias, on average, as we saw in Wisconsin recall earlier this year.

Wait, you mean the election outcome he got wrong wasn't his fault?

If only he knew this before he predicted the recall would pass.

Romney wins by a wide margin and Pub's loose the seante because of the morons who can't keep their mouths shut about abortion.

Perspective from the Canadian Banking industry - quoted from Scotia Economics' release:

Scotia Economics views on todays U.S. Presidential election - "Finally! One of the developed world's longest election campaigns that stretches over a whole year is coming to a close today. Americans go to the polls to cast their ballots in a party duopoly that game theory would ordinarily suggest yields little difference in policy stances over time and particularly once the candidates are judged in office as opposed to from the noisy sidelines. Whether right or left, one cannot make a clear statement on which party may be best for the fiscal position of the US since Republicans blew the surpluses from the Clinton years and before the global crisis drove much of Obama’s deficits. I think Obama will win, but I don’t know how anyone can have much conviction over the call. As an economist, I judge the market and economic consequences to an Obama win to be less negative than under a Romney win because I think Romney would support inappropriately tighter monetary policy sooner than the US can take it, because his numbers don’t add up and the US would be flirting with another downgrade if unaffordable tax cuts in one of the most lightly taxed nations anywhere are delivered, because he risks picking a trade fight with China through a poor understanding of currency manipulation arguments, and because I think he would drive an even more acrimonious outcome in terms of grid lock by repealing Obamacare and parts of Dodd-Frank. I still think that if Obama wins, equities may sell off on less favourable tax treatment of investment income and status quo grid lock concerns, but a Romney rally would likely be short-lived if he sticks to his campaign rhetoric."