idiot americans seriously considering reelecting prolly the worst prez in history, cause hes half black. And dont try to deny the black angle, if he was a red haired irishman, just as ideologically pure left, hed be no where near even the chicago state house.

ief4IssyX.gif

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the difference between a particular gene sequence in an abstract sense and a particular gene sequence that exists within a cell? Can you explain the difference in a way that doesn't boil down

This is pretty funny. The problem isn't the itty bitty details. The problem is Romney refuses to say if he's going to play Poker or Go Fish with the cards, and is on record as saying he doesn't know

I see.   I'd rather give the poor tax breaks than give them welfare. As a general rule. Let them keep their money to live on rather than take their money and then provide for them.

Just shows the idiocy. I couldn't care less that he's black. I care about social issues, even though very little movement is ever made on them, I care that the right wants god involved in everything, including science, I care that trickle down economics has proven to be ineffective yet continues to get propped up by the right, deifying the rich as the end all be all, to be honored and praised for giving the poor their drippings.

You could put nearly anything up on the left and it would get my vote, same as the right for you. In fact, Romney is actually that guy. Until the right comes up with a real moderate, this is the way it's going to go, me thinks.

Just shows the idiocy. I couldn't care less that he's black. I care about social issues, even though very little movement is ever made on them, I care that the right wants god involved in everything, including science, I care that trickle down economics has proven to be ineffective yet continues to get propped up by the right, deifying the rich as the end all be all, to be honored and praised for giving the poor their drippings.

You could put nearly anything up on the left and it would get my vote, same as the right for you. In fact, Romney is actually that guy. Until the right comes up with a real moderate, this is the way it's going to go, me thinks.

Very Sad Admission.

I care that trickle down economics has proven to be ineffective yet continues to get propped up by the right, deifying the rich as the end all be all, to be honored and praised for giving the poor their drippings.

Ron, don't have a clue what you are saying. I mean, you did not even mention the 1.75 Trillion Regulations take out of the economy yearly. Should that not be part of the equation?

And of course Today's unemployment number were devastating for minorities.

In September, the unemployment rate for blacks was 13.4 percent. In October, that number jumped to 14.3 percent, an almost a full percentage point change, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Unemployment for whites remained steady at 7 percent.

Likewise, the unemployment rate remain unchanged for teenagers (23.7 percent) and adult men (7.3 percent).

For Asians the rate ticked up, from 4.8 percent tp 4.9 percent. Likewise for Hispanics, from 9.9 percent to 10 percent.

http://www.weeklysta...cks_660067.html

Seriously, why are canadiens so up on US politics? The average american doesnt even know when your elections are, who is running,

The average American wouldn't know when the US elections are or who is running if there wasn't a shocking $2.5 billion dollars spent on putting the word out (can that number possibly be right? Holy shit!)

Very Sad Admission.

Really now? So there is a candidate the right could throw out there that would get you to vote for Obama? Or a Clinton? Or Biden? Or whomever else the left throws out there in the next 4 to 8 years? I'm talking anyone? Criminal, proven liar, hard line libertarian? Tea Party fringe lunatic? I seriously doubt it. You're simply posturing and feigning outrage over the same shit the right practices daily, play the victim, preach fair and balanced while sticking to the party line. Spare me the righteous indignation.

To be clear, JustDoIt, as you may have read a few pages back, I'm pretty much in the middle on most issues, but I take great exception to the rights love affair with Christianity. I'd say religion, but we know they hate some religions.

As a proud atheist, I cannot support the right when it comes to those issues, and unfortunately, they keep getting closer and closer to god. That scares the ever loving shit out of me. People on the science commission in congress talking about a woman's ability to reject rape babies. A president praying on decisions about war. That is my issue. Find me a conservative that isn't religious, supports smaller govt (haven't seen a repub in a while that actually practices what is preached) and doesn't discriminate against gays and the uterus, and they get my vote.

Simple really. Pretty sure more people than not just want a candidate like that.

Really now? So there is a candidate the right could throw out there that would get you to vote for Obama? Or a Clinton? Or Biden? Or whomever else the left throws out there in the next 4 to 8 years? I'm talking anyone? Criminal, proven liar, hard line libertarian? Tea Party fringe lunatic? I seriously doubt it. You're simply posturing and feigning outrage over the same shit the right practices daily, play the victim, preach fair and balanced while sticking to the party line. Spare me the righteous indignation.

Sorry Ron. I have made my share of votes for the Democrat presidential candidate. In fact I voted for McGovern in 72 because of Nixon and his crap.

I used to be a Democrat, but today's party is totally whacked. Today I belong to no party.

I'll stick with "Very Sad Admission". I will never vote as you described, I am not brain dead yet.

As Camille Paglia a very liberal Lesbian says and I totally agree with.

What in the world has happened to the Democratic Party? Its passivity towards this awful takeover

of our lives by a know-it-all government, as shown by the way Obama has governed by constantly

going around Congress — appointing czars and one new layer of bureaucracy after another. And

hardly a peep of protest from liberals. It’s like the movie of H.G. Wells’ “The Time Machine” —

Democrats have turned into the Eloi; they’re like sheep. They hear a signal, and it’s like pre-

programmed spin in their heads — they just trot like sheep in one direction. I am voting Green in

protest against the systemic corruption of my party.

http://www.salon.com/2012/10/10/camille_paglias_glittering_images/

Ron, don't have a clue what you are saying. I mean, you did not even mention the 1.75 Trillion Regulations take out of the economy yearly. Should that not be part of the equation?

So that's it? That's the elixir for the economy prescribed by Mitt? Deregulation? Let people, err, corporations run wild? Make no mistake, over regulating is bad, but there has to be some oversight. Wall Street has proven to be too greedy for its own good. Short term profits at the expense of true, long term growth. I work for a bank, I hear it every day, higher ups griping about Dodd/Frank, the Durbin Amendment, etc. funny thing about that though, the Durbin Amendment's biggest proponent was Walmart and Target. It's all just big corporations soaking up the wealth. It's late, I'm probably rambling now.

I don't pretend to have any or all of the answers. It all sucks. Get the money out of politics and maybe real reform could happen. Never gonna happen

To be clear, JustDoIt, as you may have read a few pages back, I'm pretty much in the middle on most issues, but I take great exception to the rights love affair with Christianity. I'd say religion, but we know they hate some religions.

As a proud atheist, I cannot support the right when it comes to those issues, and unfortunately, they keep getting closer and closer to god. That scares the ever loving shit out of me. People on the science commission in congress talking about a woman's ability to reject rape babies. A president praying on decisions about war. That is my issue. Find me a conservative that isn't religious, supports smaller govt (haven't seen a repub in a while that actually practices what is preached) and doesn't discriminate against gays and the uterus, and they get my vote.

Simple really. Pretty sure more people than not just want a candidate like that.

Agree with some of the things you say here. War on women is a fabricated issue and I have no problem with gays. Smaller gov. would be great.

Ron, if Romney gets elected he really needs to get it right, concentrate on budget, jobs and as you mentioned, cut government where possible. Also, clean up Regulations where possible and redo the tax code.

So that's it? That's the elixir for the economy prescribed by Mitt? Deregulation? Let people, err, corporations run wild? Make no mistake, over regulating is bad, but there has to be some oversight. Wall Street has proven to be too greedy for its own good. Short term profits at the expense of true, long term growth. I work for a bank, I hear it every day, higher ups griping about Dodd/Frank, the Durbin Amendment, etc. funny thing about that though, the Durbin Amendment's biggest proponent was Walmart and Target. It's all just big corporations soaking up the wealth. It's late, I'm probably rambling now.

I don't pretend to have any or all of the answers. It all sucks. Get the money out of politics and maybe real reform could happen. Never gonna happen

No Ron, there is regulations that are not good and regulations that are good. Whoever is President need to go through and clean up the trash. Obama promised in 2008 to do that and did not do it. In fact he has added to the problem.

Totally agree with you on Wall Street being greedy, why is Corzine walking around? He should have gone down.

Agree with some of the things you say here. War on women is a fabricated issue and I have no problem with gays. Smaller gov. would be great.

Ron, if Romney gets elected he really needs to get it right, concentrate on budget, jobs and as you mentioned, cut government where possible. Also, clean up Regulations where possible and redo the tax code.

If he does get elected, I hope he and the congress do what you wrote. Sadly, that's not what I've heard from him so far. I, in my semi-informed opinion, think he will be bush 2.0. But unlike Mitch McConnell and the other hate mongers on the right (not all, but most) I will hope he gets improvements through.

I like reading Matt Taibbi for my Wall Street info. He's informed and full of pass and vinegar. Makes me laugh while informing me. He wrote a good piece on Dodd/Frank having no teeth and Obama's answer. May be a tad leftist for some. Writes for Rolling Stone

War on women is a fabricated issue

only in that the proper name is war on reproductive choice. The idea that the GOP is waging a systemic war on abortion rights, contraceptive rights, and government funding for things like Planned Parenthood is based on, you know, reality and the things they say and the laws they pass.

But Planned Parenthood spends 90% of its funds on abortions, which is frankly sickening.*

*This was not intended to be a factual statement.** Planned Parenthood actually spends 97% of their funds on things other than abortions, such as birth control, breast cancer screenings, and STD testing.

**http://www.washingto...tUdSD_blog.html

Going to head over to early voting today here in FL.

This should be a clusterfck.

But hey, you know what they say: once you go black, you never go back.

I'm also voting today, gonna be in KC Tuesday.

This will be the first presidential election that I will not be working at the poles in 32 years!

But Planned Parenthood spends 90% of its funds on abortions, which is frankly sickening.*

*This was not intended to be a factual statement.** Planned Parenthood actually spends 97% of their funds on things other than abortions, such as birth control, breast cancer screenings, and STD testing.

**http://www.washingto...tUdSD_blog.html

Uhhh.. they are the nations largest supplier of abortions, which they charge for...of course they don't 'spend' 3% of their budget on abortions. They make a profit on them, a huge profit.

only in that the proper name is war on reproductive choice. The idea that the GOP is waging a systemic war on abortion rights, contraceptive rights, and government funding for things like Planned Parenthood is based on, you know, reality and the things they say and the laws they pass.

Yea, it's in the republican platform to remove a women's right to buy a condom....

But making sure women are held down is what republicans are all about.

Yea, it's in the republican platform to remove a women's right to buy a condom....

It is in the GOP platform to not allow a raped woman to get an abortion. I wouldn't use the platform as a go-to on this issue.

It is easier to insert the transvaginal probe when you hold them down.

Uhhh.. they are the nations largest supplier of abortions, which they charge for...of course they don't 'spend' 3% of their budget on abortions. They make a profit on them, a huge profit.

Good business model no? Capitalism at its finest. Find a demand, serve that need, make money. What's the problem here? You can't have it both ways.

Pretty much.

But Mitt does want them to be able to get off work early so they can go home and cook dinner, so that's good.

Just like you don't spend a huge portion of your budget on balloons.