My uniformed opinion of the middle east is just to leave forever and let them be. Sadly, they hate us and western civilization so much, they will continue to poke us and provoke us. Not to mention Iran's desire to become nuclear and blow up the Jews. I wish we could just say "fck em" but we can't. We also can't just blow them off the map.

But it's nearly impossible to reason and negotiate with people that absolutely lose their shit because of a book being burned or a stupid movie trailer. If your god is that good, it wouldn't worry about outside criticism. There are batshit crazy Christians in this country but if I decided to burn a barrel of bibles, I'm not sure it would make even local news, nevermind national news.

Plus, we still need their oil, sadly. But it was ridiculous to think that we should have attacked these countries over some crazy rogue protestors. Tactically find out who killed our people, then kill them. Yes, kill them. But then you create 10 more zealots that will want Americans dead. Close the embassies, give up on the goodwill efforts. Peace out

Told ya, uninformed, awful opinion

I wouldn't hate it if we pulled out of most of the Middle East, told Israel we got their back, and then slant drilled and pumped every drop out of their oil fields while using our navy to blockade their ability to ship any oil at all.

Once their oil is gone, they will descend into civil war for a couple decades while the world ignores them.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the difference between a particular gene sequence in an abstract sense and a particular gene sequence that exists within a cell? Can you explain the difference in a way that doesn't boil down

This is pretty funny. The problem isn't the itty bitty details. The problem is Romney refuses to say if he's going to play Poker or Go Fish with the cards, and is on record as saying he doesn't know

I see.   I'd rather give the poor tax breaks than give them welfare. As a general rule. Let them keep their money to live on rather than take their money and then provide for them.

Not sure what the big deal is.

Obama said the people who were going to vote for McCain were bitter people clinging to their guns and their Bibles when he was at his private multi-millionaires fund raising party.

Fact is people on welfare are way more likely to vote for the party that wants to expand the programs over the party that wants to make it a safety net and not a hammock.

maxwell.png

Not sure what the big deal is.

Obama said the people who were going to vote for McCain were bitter people clinging to their guns and their Bibles when he was at his private multi-millionaires fund raising party.

Fact is people on welfare are way more likely to vote for the party that wants to expand the programs over the party that wants to make it a safety net and not a hammock.

Couldn't agree more.

Obama was right, IMO, as is Romney in this case. He isn't going to change those voter's minds. But I do think it could damage him with a few of the compassionate independents. But he isn't saying breaking any news with this statement. Nevermind the news cycle turning over so fast that this too will be forgotten in 3 days.

I think the Fat Lady is starting to sing.

http://www.motherjon...vate-fundraiser

http://talkingpoints...devastating.php

??

He's correct. Almost 70% of democrats think the government should spend more money.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/157481/majority-say-government-doing.aspx

Do you think a media member has the entire speech? Seems like a party goes clipped this. Who knows?

You know what I would love?

A media outlet that hates both sides and rips them to shreds all the time like journalist are supposed too.

I mean how many times do you see a media outlet say : The Rs or Ds said X, but the Ds or Rs said Y in response. Instead of saying: "The Rs or Ds said X, and this is why they are wrong/right."

It is painful how mush both sides get away with because of what many people say is the Beltway syndrome. If they are too harsh, they won't get invited to the cool parties, so they temper their reporting.

You know what I would love?

A media outlet that hates both sides and rips them to shreds all the time like journalist are supposed too.

I mean how many times do you see a media outlet say : The Rs or Ds said X, but the Ds or Rs said Y in response. Instead of saying: "The Rs or Ds said X, and this is why they are wrong/right."

It is painful how mush both sides get away with because of what many people say is the Beltway syndrome. If they are too harsh, they won't get invited to the cool parties, so they temper their reporting.

CNN has done some of that recently when interviewing people but not on all shows and they've done it against both R's and D's.

Jon Stewart of course does this every show.

??

He's correct. Almost 70% of democrats think the government should spend more money.

http://www.gallup.co...ment-doing.aspx

Yah, um no that isn't what Mitt said.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mitt-romney-just-lost-the-election-2012-9

The reaction to Mitt Romney's private remarks about the 47 percent of Americans who don't pay income taxes has been brutal and swift.

Romney apparently made the remarks at a private dinner for rich donors.

In the remarks, Romney went much farther than suggesting that the federal tax base should be broadened, a sentiment that many Americans agree with (including, for what it's worth, me).

Romney said almost half the voters in the country — 47 percent — believe they are "victims" and expect the government to provide free health care, food, and housing.

He then said of these people, "I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

And who are these 47 percent, really?

• More than half of are working Americans who pay payroll taxes, meaning that they have jobs and provide money to the federal government.
  • Half of the rest are elderly people who collect Social Security, which isn't taxed as income.
  • Almost all of the rest are people who make less than $20,000 per year.

In Romney's view, apparently, all of these people are freeloaders who don't take responsibility for themselves.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/mitt-romney-just-lost-the-election-2012-9#ixzz26nwp18l2

Is it sad that the debate I most want to/will watch is the PPV debate between Jon Stewart and Bill OReilly? 4.95. I wish it wasn't on the web. That streaming stuff can get draggy, no?

Although, I'll plead ignorance on OReilly's smarts but I feel that Stewart would blow him out out of the water. Unless OReilly just windbags it and tries to be louder

??

http://www.gallup.co...ment-doing.aspx

Is every Obama voter lazy and irresponsible? Is every person who doesn't pay income tax lazy and irresponsible? Is he correct about that? Because that encompasses a lot of poor white Southerners who will be voting for him.

Yes, if you only focus on some parts of what he said it's not so bad. It's a lot harder to justify calling half the country lazy and shiftless.

This quote: "I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives" is way outside the parameters of well, Mitt just said Democrats like more government spending.

Is it sad that the debate I most want to/will watch is the PPV debate between Jon Stewart and Bill OReilly? 4.95. I wish it wasn't on the web. That streaming stuff can get draggy, no?

Although, I'll plead ignorance on OReilly's smarts but I feel that Stewart would blow him out out of the water. Unless OReilly just windbags it and tries to be louder

OReilly is a fraud!

For the record, I don't think either of them are dumb. I know O Reilly went to Harvard, and I think Jon went somewhere 'hard to get into' as well. Either way, Jon has expressed many times over the years his favorable views of OReilly as a person, so it should be a really fun debate.

Jon Stewart went to William and Mary. They're both smart and I'm sure it will be entertaining.

Irrelevant, of course, now that Richie Rich told all his cohorts that poor people are lazy and don't want to take care of their own lives but interesting nonetheless.

Is every Obama voter lazy and irresponsible? Is every person who doesn't pay income tax lazy and irresponsible? Is he correct about that? Because that encompasses a lot of poor white Southerners who will be voting for him.

Yes, if you only focus on some parts of what he said it's not so bad. It's a lot harder to justify calling half the country lazy and shiftless.

This quote: "I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives" is way outside the parameters of well, Mitt just said Democrats like more government spending.

So you think 47% is too high for the "not taking personal responsibility for their lives" crowd? What do you think the percentage is? Is the democrat percentage more or less than the overall percentage? Is the inner city percentage higher? You weren't at the meeting, so you don't know the context of his thoughts.

What do you think is more important:

Romney telling people at a party that he thinks a minority of democrats love the government teet

or

Barack Obama killing a bunch of people due to laziness.

Yes, I think 47% is way, way, way too high especially since the employment rate is much, much higher than 53%. I think anyone who gets up and goes to work is showing responsibility and initiative so right off the bat that number can't possibly be higher than 20%. And that assumes that everyone without a job is lazy and irresponsible which is definitely not true so that pushes the number down further.

Please feel free to INVENT a context where the quote from Romney isn't awful.

I think what Romney said is far more important. I don't think you can lead a country where you think half the people suck. I'm disappointed that nobody took Libya's warnings seriously enough but I also don't expect every administration to handle every military threat perfectly. I know you feel the same because you found a way to forgive George W. Bush and Condileeza Rice for ignoring the numerous intelligence reports warning them about an imminent attack on American soil before 9/11.

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/291-144/13411-focus-more-evidence-that-bush-a-co-ignored-911-warnings

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/251097-New-Government-Documents-Show-Bush-Ignored-Numerous-Warnings-Prior-to-9-11-Attack

These Republican sociopaths would be more entertaining if they didnt consistently fool idiots into voting for them. Still, you have to laugh at Romney basically calling his base worthless leeches. Most of the states who have the highest percent of residents not paying the only tax Neocons seem to think exist are red states.

On a related note, it truly is amazing how often Neocons can get away with the "half pay no taxes" lie. I guess if people really, really want to believe something then the facts will never get in the way.

I predicted a while ago that the Republicans didn't want to actually win this election since Obama was their perfect candidate. Since they have gotten away with lying for so long it's possible that Romney really thinks this might be a winning political strategy. But he is so inept that I'm beginning to wonder if Romney himself is in on the plan and is taking one for the team.

http://www.theatlant...e-taxes/262499/

http://www.economist...axes-and-rich-0

For added fun, let's play "guess the quote".

“Millions of the working poor will be dropped from the tax rolls altogether, and families will get a long-overdue break with lower rates and an almost doubled personal exemption.”

Was this from evil communist Barack HUSSEIN Obama, hellbent on destroying everything good about America- or from Ronald Reagan, only one step below Jesus in the Neocon pantheon?

For added fun, let's play "guess the quote".

“Millions of the working poor will be dropped from the tax rolls altogether, and families will get a long-overdue break with lower rates and an almost doubled personal exemption.”

Was this from evil communist Barack HUSSEIN Obama, hellbent on destroying everything good about America- or from Ronald Reagan, only one step below Jesus in the Neocon pantheon?

Reagan.

Although I admit I don't actually know what your point is regarding this.

So you think 47% is too high for the "not taking personal responsibility for their lives" crowd? What do you think the percentage is? Is the democrat percentage more or less than the overall percentage? Is the inner city percentage higher? You weren't at the meeting, so you don't know the context of his thoughts.

What do you think is more important:

Romney telling people at a party that he thinks a minority of democrats love the government teet

or

Barack Obama killing a bunch of people due to laziness.

Well, a lot of these non tax payers may fall into the category of people that work at $35k a year jobs, yet have 2 or 3 kids and no other real deductions, then get almost every penny back in their tax return. That always irritated me, watching these people that chose to have a kid get more money back. Sure, kids are expensive, but that's their problem, not mine. Although, I guess if nobody had kids, shit would be...interesting.

Well, a lot of these non tax payers may fall into the category of people that work at $35k a year jobs, yet have 2 or 3 kids and no other real deductions, then get almost every penny back in their tax return. That always irritated me, watching these people that chose to have a kid get more money back. Sure, kids are expensive, but that's their problem, not mine. Although, I guess if nobody had kids, shit would be...interesting.

Careful Ron, you're starting to sound conservative. Don't you dare start holding people accountable for their decisions. It's a slippery slope.

Oooh, so now I see why we're talking about this.

“I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives,” Romney said of the dreaded 47 percent.

The problem is that Romney isn’t basing that figure on dependency on government programs. He’s using the rough percentage of people who pay no federal income tax.

You add this to Romney's statement about "$200,000 to $250,000 and less" statement and I get the feeling that he doesn't really know what all of these numbers mean that he's throwing out there.

Careful Ron, you're starting to sound conservative. Don't you dare start holding people accountable for their decisions. It's a slippery slope.

I'd like to think that I take each issue individually and make an assessment. Sure, kids are a personal decision and expenditure. If I choose not to have any, why can't I get a tax deduction for my $10k vacation? You spend your money on kids, I don't. Why do you win?

That being said, I also wouldnt let kids starve because their parents are irresponsible idiots that should've popped on the boobs instead of inside.