They needed a balloon drop

They screwed up their last one and now are afraid that it is too complicated.

As is google images apparently.

But hey..let's let them run our economic system and protect our freedoms...........

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the difference between a particular gene sequence in an abstract sense and a particular gene sequence that exists within a cell? Can you explain the difference in a way that doesn't boil down

This is pretty funny. The problem isn't the itty bitty details. The problem is Romney refuses to say if he's going to play Poker or Go Fish with the cards, and is on record as saying he doesn't know

I see.   I'd rather give the poor tax breaks than give them welfare. As a general rule. Let them keep their money to live on rather than take their money and then provide for them.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I firmly believe that we should slash the defense budget damn near in half. I realize thats a sweeping generalization because I don't actually have the budget in front of me, but we can blow up the world 10 times over and spend more than the next 11 countries combined. Enough already.

ID BE on board with this 100 percent if we had a government with the sack to actually threaten this type of retliation.

Russian ships is a classic....if the person wasn't fired the next morning i would be amazed.

Andrew Sullivan@sullydish

If election were held today, Romney would have 8.4% chance of winning, compared with Obama's 91.6%. It's a free-fall: http://thebea.st/OsHfm0

Yep: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Andrew Sullivan@sullydish

If election were held today, Romney would have 8.4% chance of winning, compared with Obama's 91.6%. It's a free-fall: http://thebea.st/OsHfm0

In equally relevant news today:

Rush Limbaugh thought President Obama would lose a race held today.

I pretty much only listen to Nate Silver when it comes to election forecasts.

Although the NS article that the above tweet linked to didn't actually say 92/8? At least I didn't see where it said that. He currently has Obama's re-election at 80%, but maybe that is different than if the election were done right now. I don't know.

I pretty much only listen to Nate Silver when it comes to election forecasts.

Although the NS article that the above tweet linked to didn't actually say 92/8? At least I didn't see where it said that. He currently has Obama's re-election at 80%, but maybe that is different than if the election were done right now. I don't know.

It is different.

On Nate Silver's site you can see the graphs for both current and projecting to Nov. Click Now-Cast on the right

9e9Dy2cdIauyNeQNte3D.png

Honestly, I hope Romney gets blown the fuck out. Maybe that will make the Republican party change its tune a little.

Will that work or would they just more extreme?

tumblr_lhjjtod2GB1qe0eclo1_500.gif

I viewed this as it being Chaz Palminteri in Bronx Tale asking "Is it better to be loved or feared?". I think it works.

We need to go more conservative.

Totally disagree. Case in point, Sweater vest Santorum.

If people would put aside all their petty differences, stop with the hyperbolic partisan crap, realize most of the recent presidents have pretty much all done the same crap, good and bad, that the majority of the country wants the same things. At least I'd hope so. There are some extemists to the right here that refuse any and all opinions from anyone but their own. I honestly don't see that from the left as much. Maybe I'm blinded. It's possible. My political indifference in the past has gotten angrier over the years, but mainly it's a distaste for the extreme right. Not sure why.

Totally disagree. Case in point, Sweater vest Santorum.

If people would put aside all their petty differences, stop with the hyperbolic partisan crap, realize most of the recent presidents have pretty much all done the same crap, good and bad, that the majority of the country wants the same things. At least I'd hope so. There are some extemists to the right here that refuse any and all opinions from anyone but their own. I honestly don't see that from the left as much. Maybe I'm blinded. It's possible. My political indifference in the past has gotten angrier over the years, but mainly it's a distaste for the extreme right. Not sure why.

See, I find that hard to understand, because I clearly see a fringe left that is grabbing more and more control of the democrat party, going back to when Pelosi was chosen to lead the house. She was running against a centrist democrat choice, and the party chose Ms. Crazy Botox Woman.

Try not agreeing with someone on the left about a host of issues, you are immediately accused of being a sexist, homophobe, and or racist. And nothing you say is ever heard until it is filtered through those accusations.

You are for having strong borders to protect America...you hate Mexicans.

You think people should work if they are able bodied..you hate the poor

You think marriage is between a man and a woman... you hate gays

You think Obama is/has done a bad job...you hate blacks.

If you are secure in this, then put up 800 dollars to my 10 in a wager. Im even giving you overlay.

Oh dear.

92-8 translates to 11-1 odds. You're offering 80-1. That's the opposite of an overlay but it probably makes you a Paul Ryan budget expert.

If you are secure in this, then put up 800 dollars to my 100.

I'm not a gambler at heart.

Daniel on the other hand as he has tweeted has made very large bets on Obama winning.

the only thing the right has brought up that would reliably increase employment is a reduction in the rights of the worker. no one disagrees with the concept. it's a question of whether it's worth the gains in employment to take a journey back to the early 20th century. literally everything else that is paraded around as fact (cut taxes $x and we'll see y increase in employment, etc.) relies heavily on macroecon theory. there would be no airline industry if airplanes were built to the same standard of "science" that underpins macro. I'm not saying there's no value to it, just that people vastly overestimate its usefulness/reliability.

everyone needs to just calm down and wait for the delevering process to be done. (yeah I did just ref a macro concept, what of it)

The overhype of Obama's supporters harping on the value of making the world like us is going to bite him in the butt.

President Obama has said that elevating the image of the United States around the world was one of his proudest foreign policy accomplishments, but those remarks could boomerang and hamper his reelection bid.

The violence and anti-American protests throughout the Middle East are bringing fresh attacks on the president’s foreign policies as Muslim rage is intensifying in the region.

The protests that have spread could undercut one of the key tenants of Obama's foreign policy argument that he has restored the U.S. image in the Middle East.

In February, Obama said, “One of the proudest things of my three years in office is helping to restore a sense of respect for America around the world, a belief that we are not just defined by the size of our military.”

My uniformed opinion of the middle east is just to leave forever and let them be. Sadly, they hate us and western civilization so much, they will continue to poke us and provoke us. Not to mention Iran's desire to become nuclear and blow up the Jews. I wish we could just say "fck em" but we can't. We also can't just blow them off the map.

But it's nearly impossible to reason and negotiate with people that absolutely lose their shit because of a book being burned or a stupid movie trailer. If your god is that good, it wouldn't worry about outside criticism. There are batshit crazy Christians in this country but if I decided to burn a barrel of bibles, I'm not sure it would make even local news, nevermind national news.

Plus, we still need their oil, sadly. But it was ridiculous to think that we should have attacked these countries over some crazy rogue protestors. Tactically find out who killed our people, then kill them. Yes, kill them. But then you create 10 more zealots that will want Americans dead. Close the embassies, give up on the goodwill efforts. Peace out

Told ya, uninformed, awful opinion

See, I find that hard to understand, because I clearly see a fringe left that is grabbing more and more control of the democrat party, going back to when Pelosi was chosen to lead the house. She was running against a centrist democrat choice, and the party chose Ms. Crazy Botox Woman.

Try not agreeing with someone on the left about a host of issues, you are immediately accused of being a sexist, homophobe, and or racist. And nothing you say is ever heard until it is filtered through those accusations.

You are for having strong borders to protect America...you hate Mexicans.

You think people should work if they are able bodied..you hate the poor

You think marriage is between a man and a woman... you hate gays

You think Obama is/has done a bad job...you hate blacks.

I don't disagree with some of this. I watch Bill Maher, like him mostly but he goes overboard a lot as well. He sees most everything at a racist angle. I don't.

Borders - meh. We built this place on immigrants, but I think we need to do something. It goes to the bigger issue of a foreign policy. Take care of your own house before you fix the neighbors. We need these immigrants because we like cheap shit and if you have Americans picking your food and making your hotel beds, the price of everything goes up. That's already a problem and salaries aren't increasing at the same rate as COLA

The gay marriage thing, we disagree. As an American, you should have the same rights as others, regardless of what you do or don't put in your ass or mouth. It's the privacy of your bedroom, who cares? If you change it from gays to Jews and say Jews can't get married, this wouldn't be debatable. Everyone would fight back. So what's the difference? Rights are rights. This is making laws and decisions based on the bible and what it says marriage is. I'm sorry, as an atheist, I put as much thought into the bible as I would a Dan Brown book. So why should my life and rights be governed by it? Call it a civil union and give them the same rights. I don't care what you cal it but it should be equal.