• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the difference between a particular gene sequence in an abstract sense and a particular gene sequence that exists within a cell? Can you explain the difference in a way that doesn't boil down

This is pretty funny. The problem isn't the itty bitty details. The problem is Romney refuses to say if he's going to play Poker or Go Fish with the cards, and is on record as saying he doesn't know

I see.   I'd rather give the poor tax breaks than give them welfare. As a general rule. Let them keep their money to live on rather than take their money and then provide for them.

Good old Clint:

“President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,” Eastwood told The Pine Cone this week. “Romney and Ryan would do a much better job running the country, and that’s what everybody needs to know. I may have irritated a lot of the lefties, but I was aiming for people in the middle.”

lol at irritated. I was delighted. It was like watching a trainwreck in slow motion. I thought his point was that it's much easier to yell at a fake person in an invisible chair than actually trying to convince people that Romney/Ryan will do a good job.

so when does government spending increase jobs ? When it's defense spending according to the Romney campaign.

http://www.slate.com...s_program_.html

Yeah, that's bad policy and hypocritical.

Romney is obviously pandering to people who hope to hold those jobs.

When Krugman said the same thing, I don't know what his motivation was. (I guess to be fair to Krugman, he thinks other random spending is a good idea as well.)

It is amazing that Obama has created so many more jobs than Bush yet has a 60% higher number of unemployed people at the same time.

Statistics...the best way to lie about the obvious.

It is amazing that Obama has created so many more jobs than Bush yet has a 60% higher number of unemployed people at the same time.

Statistics...the best way to lie about the obvious.

It's almost as if Bush inherited a healthy, robust economy then passed on a ruined shell to Obama!

It's almost as if Bush inherited a healthy, robust economy then passed on a ruined shell to Obama!

Or he inherited the beginning of a recession, ( I know..CNN as a source defending actual facts? ), then had 9-11, and still kept unemployment in better numbers than the entire presidency of the current administration.

And sustained it for over 7 years.

As Slick Willy said it's all about Arithmetic

The Ryan Sinkhole

Unlike the Republican platform, which has mostly been ignored outside of the abortion issue, the Paul Ryan budget is the core document of the 2012 campaign. It is the most explicit expression of the Republican agenda, endorsed by the party’s presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, and backed by decisive majorities of House and Senate Republicans.

That much is known. What people have not been talking about enough is that the Ryan budget contains an $897 billion sinkhole: massive but unexplained cuts in such discretionary domestic programs as education, food and drug inspection, workplace safety, environmental protection and law enforcement.

The scope of the cuts – stunning in their breadth — is hidden. To find the numbers, turn to page 16 of the Concurrent Resolution on the Budget – Fiscal Year 2013. In Table 2, Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Resolution Discretionary Spending, in the far right hand column, you’ll see the nearly $897 billion figure, which appears on the line marked “BA” for Budget Authority under Allowances (920) as $896,884 (because these figures are listed in millions of dollars).

I wish I could find the article I read yeaterday about their big jobs plan they are pitching in the swing states that basically revolves around increased defense spending and creating jobs through that.

I just don't understand the blatant hypocrisy in philosophy.

That's not what I said. Private industry, banks, the ratings agencies and investment houses were also to blame.

If someone wants to have a real discussion instead of pretending that you can list some things about Fannie Mae (a minor player in the overall crisis because they didnt create CDOs or traunches of loans then bribe Moody's into rating them AAA) and you've made a point.......I'll be ready.

Remember, you always pretend that since you (allegedly) run a business that you have insight into the effects of Obamacare. I spent 15 months working on nothing but the sub prime collapse for BOA. I know the facts, feel free to ask questions and educate yourself about what actually happened.

Sorry i was busy at a member guest this weekend with an alleged business associate.

"You know the facts"...that is great. i wouldn't trust the "facts" as you present them... I learned along time ago how a person can use "facts" to twist most anything.

That's like telling me Obama is awesome.

I agree, Pelosi is so tired of hearing him spout rhetoric at a policy meeting that she puts him on mute so they can carry on without him knowing they are ignoring him.

That makes him awesome...ly bad.

As Slick Willy said it's all about Arithmetic

The Ryan Sinkhole

Because there can be no cuts in anything that has a good title. That would be evil and we all know that all money spent by the government is all efficient and necessary.

But the need for democrats to create the bogeyman for the sheep to hate is standard.

The VP's budget is going to kill us all, by balancing the budget 14 years from now.

He's going to kill old people, starve children, pollute the streams and air, club the baby seals, stop advancements in medicine, put women back under the desk in the oval office, re-enact slavery, and turn over the control of the world to the cylons.

And the WORST thing he is proposing?????

To continue the same tax cuts that President Obama and the democrats voted for 2 years ago.......

The shame of my parties radical agenda!

I think I will just hope that Obama will change.....which is funny that I didn't understand that that was the meaning of the 08 campaign.

Besides, the economy is not as important as making sure that a program that includes the word health in it never has to reduce the level of spending it is proposed to receive.

I agree, Pelosi is so tired of hearing him spout rhetoric at a policy meeting that she puts him on mute so they can carry on without him knowing they are ignoring him.

That makes him awesome...ly bad.

Pelosi is an idiot. Therefore, if she thinks Obama is doing something wrong, he's probably doing something right.

Unless, you are arguing that Pelosi is a good judge of things generally. Please say you are so I can have a new sig.

edit: Ryan is actually proposing dramatic new tax cuts on capital gains, corporate taxes, and income taxes especially for the rich. It's fun to create a narrative with no basis in reality. Much easier to sell midwestern white people on slitting their own economic throats that way. By the way, the worst thing he is proposing is a 33% cut to Medicaid which offers healthcare to poor children and disabled people mostly. Of course, you know that because we just talked about it on the "other" forum but hey facts, schmacts. Romney isn't going to let his campaign be run by fact checkers, why should you.

Sorry i was busy at a member guest this weekend with an alleged business associate.

"You know the facts"...that is great. i wouldn't trust the "facts" as you present them... I learned along time ago how a person can use "facts" to twist most anything.

That's fine but from this point on I'm snap assuming that everything you say about how Obamacare will affect your business negatively is a lie because a person can use "facts" to twist anything. Good talk.