That particular girl was getting free tuition.
There is no such thing as "free tuition". She either had loans that she would have to pay back some day or she earned a scholarship through hard work and good grades.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the difference between a particular gene sequence in an abstract sense and a particular gene sequence that exists within a cell? Can you explain the difference in a way that doesn't boil down

This is pretty funny. The problem isn't the itty bitty details. The problem is Romney refuses to say if he's going to play Poker or Go Fish with the cards, and is on record as saying he doesn't know

I see.   I'd rather give the poor tax breaks than give them welfare. As a general rule. Let them keep their money to live on rather than take their money and then provide for them.

There is no such thing as "free tuition". She either had loans that she would have to pay back some day or she earned a scholarship through hard work and good grades.
Those are the only two options for a scholarship?
Those are the only two options for a scholarship?
She also could have earned a specific scholarship by writing an essay and winning the scholarship (perhaps from an alumni organization or an academic society organization). There are no "free tuition" options for Georgetown Law. If you cannot afford law school, you can get loans. If your grades are amazing or you win a scholarship contest, you will get free tuition but you have earned it.No one just handed her money for nothing. Loans or earned scholarships.
She also could have earned a specific scholarship by writing an essay and winning the scholarship (perhaps from an alumni organization or an academic society organization). There are no "free tuition" options for Georgetown Law. If you cannot afford law school, you can get loans. If your grades are amazing or you win a scholarship contest, you will get free tuition but you have earned it.No one just handed her money for nothing but birth control because of the obvious cost. Loans or earned scholarships.
FYP

we totally disagree on the meaning of the word: fixed.students pay for the health insurance they receive in college; it's included in the tuition. If she received a full scholarship, she earned the health insurance included in the tuition. So, once again, you come in here and lower the general intelligence of this place with your stupidity. And, you do it by editing my post erroneously. Shame on you.

That particular girl was getting free tuition.
Don't know why you think that. She has a partial scholarship from the competitive Public Interest Law Scholars Program which pays 1/3 or tuition, but that is irrelevant anyways. She is advocating for birth control to be covered by the school's health insurance plan which is something that people pay for in one way or another.

wait, she wanted birth control to be added to her insurance because she couldn't afford it but she wasn't asking for it for "free" because she is still paying for the insurance...? I mean it's been a few days since I read the article but I don't remember her saying "well I can't afford birth control outright but if you just charge me more for insurance and buy it for me that way we'll be dandy." did she say that?

Don't know why you think that. She has a partial scholarship from the competitive Public Interest Law Scholars Program which pays 1/3 or tuition, but that is irrelevant anyways. She is advocating for birth control to be covered by the school's health insurance plan which is something that people pay for in one way or another.
I think for some reason that a lot of people think that college tuition is just another thing the government hands out. Maybe they conflate Affirmative Action admissions policies with tuition concerns?Tuition is the least free thing there is. The only students who get actual free tuition are those who got scholarships which means they did just fantastically in high school and probably did lots of extra-curricular stuff too. Anyone else who can't afford college gets loans; and student loans are a PAIN----they are the only kind of loan you can't get discharged by declaring bankruptcy. They will haunt you forever.On a side note, it never ceases to amaze me how many anti-abortion people are so opposed to health plans being required to cover contraception. If aborted fetuses are that important to you and your beliefs, you should probably be totally cool with 0.000004% of your taxes being used to try and make sure all the free-love skanks out there won't have an unwanted pregnancy.
wait, she wanted birth control to be added to her insurance because she couldn't afford it but she wasn't asking for it for "free" because she is still paying for the insurance...? I mean it's been a few days since I read the article but I don't remember her saying "well I can't afford birth control outright but if you just charge me more for insurance and buy it for me that way we'll be dandy." did she say that?
Shake, she doesn't feel that she should have to pay for her college health insurance (included in her tuition) AND ALSO pay for contraception separately. I think giving 20-30 year olds (who are stupid) as much access to contraception as possible is a good thing so I support her position.

so what she's really saying isn't that she wants her birth control for "free," but that she wants the costs of said birth control spread out amongst everybody else who has the same insurance plan as her, regardless of how much these other members utilize said birth control. all of this for an action (sex) that she has complete control over, ie the costs are 100% dependant on her. hmm, I don't know, sounds incredibly selfish to me. just like a ho.

but you know, now that I think about it, stress can lead to serious medical conditions, and I drink alcohol to relieve stress, so I think the government should force my insurance plan to cover my intake of johnnie walker and pbr. let's get this rolling.

You know, if non-smokers get a discount on health insurance (or is that smokers pay a premium?), the same should apply for sluts and prudes, right? Suddenly being the guy who processes health insurance applications isn't such a bad job after all. Ferret out the closet sluts.

You know, if non-smokers get a discount on health insurance (or is that smokers pay a premium?), the same should apply for sluts and prudes, right? Suddenly being the guy who processes health insurance applications isn't such a bad job after all. Ferret out the closet sluts.
I would counter that use of birth control is not a good way to determine promiscuity, or lack thereof. Plenty of promiscuous women do not use birth control, and plenty of unpromiscuous ones do. Birth control is a form of caution, after all, which is often inconsistent with promiscuity.
I would counter that use of birth control is not a good way to determine promiscuity, or lack thereof. Plenty of promiscuous women do not use birth control, and plenty of unpromiscuous ones do. Birth control is a form of caution, after all, which is often inconsistent with promiscuity.
So women who buy condoms by the case are less likely to have lots of sex?I don't think the math works out the way you are saying it does....
Well it is much less expensive if you get health insurance w/o maternity coverage. Sorry to spray fart on your joke.Also, what is being considered birth control here? Is it specifically the pill? I know my insurance company doesn't give out free condoms or diaphragms. Also, certain types of birth control can be used for other things. Like my wife was given birth control for her hormones. Do these institutions ban those medications completely, or just if someone only wants it to stop sperm?
I was clearly talking about a line on the application where you have to check a box if you're a slut or not.
regardless of how much these other members utilize said birth control.
Everyone who uses birth control uses the same amount. This isn't about condoms-----most schools have a clinic that provides them for free. Though a Jesuit school like G-town could be an exception.I guess it's unfair to guys (sort of?) but they should be happy all the young, loose women are on the pill, right? As someone who lives in Virginia and wishes to have sex some day, those new anti-abortion/contraception laws you guys passed should concern you.
Well it is much less expensive if you get health insurance w/o maternity coverage. Sorry to spray fart on your joke.Also, what is being considered birth control here? Is it specifically the pill? I know my insurance company doesn't give out free condoms or diaphragms. Also, certain types of birth control can be used for other things. Like my wife was given birth control for her hormones. Do these institutions ban those medications completely, or just if someone only wants it to stop sperm?
She was talking about the pill. She made the point that in her program, people who need to take the pill for other, medical reasons, are covered, but that in many other religious institutions that is not the case.

i have no problem with birth control, i also have no problem with her being a slut if she likes, i have no problem with her being a prude...i have problem with the fact that she thinks others should pay for it. it drives me crazy that intelligent people don't understand it is ok, good and should common place that you whoever you are pay for your needs. if you can't support the pill find a clinic for a condom whatever but it take care of it by your damn self like a normal person who contributes something to the greater good. wait - she is in law school forget all greater good and contributing anything worthwhile part, we'll stick with just pay your own bill.

i have no problem with birth control, i also have no problem with her being a slut if she likes, i have no problem with her being a prude...i have problem with the fact that she thinks others should pay for it. it drives me crazy that intelligent people don't understand it is ok, good and should common place that you whoever you are pay for your needs. if you can't support the pill find a clinic for a condom whatever but it take care of it by your damn self like a normal person who contributes something to the greater good. wait - she is in law school forget all greater good and contributing anything worthwhile part, we'll stick with just pay your own bill.
Did you read any of the last two pages? She doesn't want other people to pay for her insurance costs. That's not what this is about.This is about a part of health care that insurance companies routinely include as part of their health plans (with good reason), that is specifically excluded by organizations with certain archaic religious beliefs for non-health-related reasons. Is everyone who gets BC covered by their insurance "not taking care of their damned selves like a normal person who contributes something to the greater good"?

I really hate dealing with insurance companies, so it's really foreign to my mindset to want to insure myself against the risk of my sexual plans coming to fruition. It's the same reason I don't want food insurance.

The only students who get actual free tuition are those who got scholarships which means they did just fantastically in high school
Other options:They were a minority.They were good at swimming.They could run fast.They grew really tall.They were fat, tall, and fast and could hike a football.thousands of other reasons.
Did you read any of the last two pages? She doesn't want other people to pay for her insurance costs. That's not what this is about.This is about a part of health care that insurance companies routinely include as part of their health plans (with good reason), that is specifically excluded by organizations with certain archaic religious beliefs for non-health-related reasons. Is everyone who gets BC covered by their insurance "not taking care of their damned selves like a normal person who contributes something to the greater good"?
Your so completely full of shit. So why doesn't she make arrangements with one of the many other insurance companies that routinely cover such things? She doesn't have to associate with such "archaic" religious organizations if she doesn't want to. This has nothing to do with health or birth control this is an attack on religion. Of course she isn't honest enough to come out and say that, so we get this bullshit about it being about women who take the pill for things other than birth control, yeah right.
Other options:They were a minority.They were good at swimming.They could run fast.They grew really tall.They were fat, tall, and fast and could hike a football.thousands of other reasons.
Law school, Brv. For her, sports scholarships are not an option at all.Sports scholarships generally are earned by prowess in that sport. It's not free. You had to work at that sport for years.There are minority organizations that offer scholarships but again you have to apply and earn them.As an aside, listing all athletic activities does not equal a thousand reasons. That's one reason, you were good at a sport.
This is about a part of health care that insurance companies routinely include as part of their health plans (with good reason), that is specifically excluded by organizations with certain religious beliefs for non-health-related reasons. Is everyone who gets BC covered by their insurance "not taking care of their damned selves like a normal person who contributes something to the greater good"?
If this is specifically about forcing Georgetown or other religious groups to include stuff against their religions in their insurance, then I'm against it more than ever. The government has no right to tell a religious institution what they can believe. If they want to, then every courthouse in America that wants to display the 10 commandments should be allowed to do so.