Sorry, but it was a god joke. I kind of wanted to leave it open for this type of thing, but then I realized that defending Rush Limbaugh's right to freedom of speech is too much fun because the left just can't help but reveal their true nature of deep seated communism and their desire to control every single person in the country by their standards and punish anyone who disagrees. This is their version of 'freedom'
This is really quite a clever trick:You say something as offensive as possible, and then rather than defending the content of what you've said, you defend your right to say it, even though no one attacked that. I am going to try this next time I say something totally offensive. Anyways, Rush has now apologized, so I guess he didn't agree so much with your defense of what he said.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the difference between a particular gene sequence in an abstract sense and a particular gene sequence that exists within a cell? Can you explain the difference in a way that doesn't boil down

This is pretty funny. The problem isn't the itty bitty details. The problem is Romney refuses to say if he's going to play Poker or Go Fish with the cards, and is on record as saying he doesn't know

I see.   I'd rather give the poor tax breaks than give them welfare. As a general rule. Let them keep their money to live on rather than take their money and then provide for them.

This is really quite a clever trick:You say something as offensive as possible, and then rather than defending the content of what you've said, you defend your right to say it, even though no one attacked that. I am going to try this next time I say something totally offensive. Anyways, Rush has now apologized, so I guess he didn't agree so much with your defense of what he said.
I said something offensive?What was that?Rush had to answer to his sponsors. One of them probably said "Apologize" so Rush did. I don't have sponsors.The last few days the left has been saying some of the worst things possible over Breitbart's death, but they've all gotten a pass, while Rush is supposedly the bad guy for pointing out a radical woman's advocate whining about wanting free contraception during her free education.It's okay, I'm used to your side's inability to understand basic concepts, while focusing on the silly side issues you think you've won.
I said something offensive?
Wait, you're not Rush Limbaugh..?
The last few days the left has been saying some of the worst things possible over Breitbart's death, but they've all gotten a pass, while Rush is supposedly the bad guy for pointing out a radical woman's advocate whining about wanting free contraception during her free education.
Birth control, what a radical! Soon she'll be wanting to vote!
I found his comments to be fairly benign. I'm really surprised he lost so many sponsors over this. Did the sponsors not actually read the transcript before making the decision to pull their ads?
I'm sure their customer's reactions are more important than their own analysis of the transcript. I personally agree with Rush's position on this issue, but I think his comments here are childish name-calling.
A woman who goes to law school at Georgetown goes to a congressional hearing where Pelosi is (crying), "I'm going broke having sex! I need... I need the government to provide me condoms and contraception. It's not fair." Okay, so this is a law student at a congressional committee asking for us ... to ... pay ... for ... the ... things ... that ... make ... it ... possible ... for ... her ... to ... have ... sex.Therefore we are paying her to have sex.Therefore we are paying her for having sex.We are getting screwed even though we don't meet her personally!What would you call this?
American taxpayers enabling her sex life with partners of her choice doesn't make her a prostitute. It's a non sequitur.The libertarian argument is this: Why is it the government's role to infringe on a person's freedom to save his or her own money by abstaining?
Birth control, what a radical! Soon she'll be wanting to vote!
I think the key part is the word "free" not the words "birth control".Also: Is that Mad cartoon funny?
I think the key part is the word "free" not the words "birth control".
Yep
Also: Is that Mad cartoon funny?
Not exactly, it's supposed to be clever, demonstrating that the stereotype of Mitt Romney as an out of touch rich guy is true because you can't tell what he says apart from an infamous cartoon rich guy villain.They had them for Bush and Obama, too, and most recently, I saw Santorum vs the Ayatollah. My guesses on the Santorum one were only slightly better than chance but my wife knew every one of them correctly.
Unless we're talking about Rick Santorum.
Rick Santorum has every right to be personally against birth control, even though that's stupid.
Rick Santorum has every right to be personally against birth control, even though that's stupid.
Anyone has the right to be against it. The purpose of my post was to point out that, for Rick, the issue of birth control isn't simply about paying for it, it's about the usage itself.
Anyone has the right to be against it. The purpose of my post was to point out that, for Rick, the issue of birth control isn't simply about paying for it, it's about the usage itself.
Yeah, Santorum is nuts on this issue. Not only is he personally opposed to it, he has said he will outlaw it. He is the main reason the Dems are keeping this issue alive any way they can, because they can use Santorum's words to paint all Republicans as nutcases. It's obviously a good strategy, and anything that makes the R's start throwing out the loonies is fine with me.
She was not advocating free birth control. I wonder if anyone heard or read what she actually said?
Yeah, I read it, and that's exactly what she said. She wants free contraceptives through her insurance, and gives several examples of how terrible life is because they aren't provided to her.
Yeah, Santorum is nuts on this issue. Not only is he personally opposed to it, he has said he will outlaw it. He is the main reason the Dems are keeping this issue alive any way they can, because they can use Santorum's words to paint all Republicans as nutcases. It's obviously a good strategy, and anything that makes the R's start throwing out the loonies is fine with me.
He never said he wanted to outlaw it, in fact he has supported public funding for BC in the past. He simply stated that he was going to speak out about how the attitudes towards sex in the country have led to an increase in unwed mothers, which is causing a lot of expensive social problems. BTW the Catholic Church doesn't' want to outlaw birth control either. That is a different debate, but he doesn't want to outlaw birth control. And if he chooses not to use it himself, it is none of your damn business. It is the left-wingers who want you to pay for the consequences of their irresponsible actions in regard to their sex lives, not the conservatives. So make fun of the conservatives and their choice to live in family units and raise a house full of kids. They want the freedom to live this kind of life, but they don't expect you to pay for it. The other side is the one wanting you to pay for their contraception, abortions, and to feed and raise their children. They are the ones seeking to make laws forcing everyone to pay for their lifestyle choices, no matter how irresponsible. It is another reason the Heath Care law is so ridiculous, why on earth are employers responsible for health care of their employees anyway?? If we allowed true competition, then some insurance companies could have slut friendly policies that cover all contraception, abortion, and infanticide when the feminists get that pushed through. The fact that insurance companies HAVE to provide anything they don't want to cover is what the conservatives have a problem with. They don't have a problem with insurance companies providing that kind of coverage, and in fact many do and would cover such things. They only have a problem of forcing insurance companies to cover such things.
He never said he wanted to outlaw it, in fact he has supported public funding for BC in the past. He simply stated that he was going to speak out about how the attitudes towards sex in the country have led to an increase in unwed mothers, which is causing a lot of expensive social problems. BTW the Catholic Church doesn't' want to outlaw birth control either.
He has repeatedly said it was wrong for the Supreme Court to invalidate a law that outlawed abortion. Based on that position, are we really supposed to believe that he would not support such a law?
He has repeatedly said it was wrong for the Supreme Court to invalidate a law that outlawed abortion. Based on that position, are we really supposed to believe that he would not support such a law?
What??? Abortion and Contraception are two seperate things for conservatives. You said he wanted to outlaw birth control.
Yeah, I read it, and that's exactly what she said. She wants free contraceptives through her insurance, and gives several examples of how terrible life is because they aren't provided to her.
And you understand that insurance isn't free...?Asking for your insurance to cover X is not the same as asking for free X.
And you understand that insurance isn't free...?Asking for your insurance to cover X is not the same as asking for free X.
It is when they want the insurance free too. You may have heard of it, it's called Obamacare
It is when they want the insurance free too. You may have heard of it, it's called Obamacare
It isn't when the insurance is a result of an additional fee on top of your $40K per year tuition to Georgetown Law.
Oh, right, I forgot about that part of Obamacare that provides free health insurance.
It isn't when the insurance is a result of an additional fee on top of your $40K per year tuition to Georgetown Law.
So they already get free stuff, and they want the government to force the college to give them more.And the more they want is so they can have as much sex as they want?I bet her parents tell their friends she is a prostitute instead of what she really is doing.
That particular girl was getting free tuition.