Obv, the GOP voters are rejecting the really far right people (Bachmann, Santorum, Perry) for electability (sorry, Ron Paul) . . .
What does this mean? People won't vote for him because they think other people won't?
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the difference between a particular gene sequence in an abstract sense and a particular gene sequence that exists within a cell? Can you explain the difference in a way that doesn't boil down

This is pretty funny. The problem isn't the itty bitty details. The problem is Romney refuses to say if he's going to play Poker or Go Fish with the cards, and is on record as saying he doesn't know

I see.   I'd rather give the poor tax breaks than give them welfare. As a general rule. Let them keep their money to live on rather than take their money and then provide for them.

What does this mean? People won't vote for him because they think other people won't?
It is surprising how many of the left are completely buying into the establishment politicians and their 'conventional wisdom'.They don't even notice that this has been all that's been said since before the first debate.Doesn't that even make them pause for a second to ask why they are parroting the party line?A bunch of people have been in the backrooms picked Romney for a reason. The most anti-republican people on here have been supporting their plan from day one.
It means that people from the fringes of the political spectrum have trouble winning general elections. It's not a new theory.Also BG, you're funny. Most of the anti-Republicans on here have been pro-John Huntsman, not Mitt Romney.
It means that people from the fringes of the political spectrum have trouble winning general elections. It's not a new theory.Also BG, you're funny. Most of the anti-Republicans on here have been pro-John Huntsman, not Mitt Romney.
You actually prove my point. You don't even like Mitt, you prefer John, yet your 'sure' that Mitt is the best chance the republicans have to defeat President Obama.It wasn't even subtle the way you were told to believe that Romney was the best and only choice, yet you guys bought it hook line and sinker.Just goes to prove my point that money in politics isn't the problem. Poorly educated voters is.
You actually prove my point. You don't even like Mitt, you prefer John, yet your 'sure' that Mitt is the best chance the republicans have to defeat President Obama.
Well Huntsman hasn't polled above 3% at any point in time and Romney has polled better as a general election candidate than anybody ainec. I'm sure because the numbers have indicated this for months and haven't changed much at any time. If your point was: boy, that CaneBrain has a functioning cerebral cortex and can read and interpret polling data, then yeah I proved your point. I'm just going to assume that was your point.If it makes you feel better, I've always felt Chris Christie or Jeb Bush actually represented the GOP's "best chance".
Well Huntsman hasn't polled above 3% at any point in time and Romney has polled better as a general election candidate than anybody ainec. I'm sure because the numbers have indicated this for months and haven't changed much at any time. If your point was: boy, that CaneBrain has a functioning cerebral cortex and can read and interpret polling data, then yeah I proved your point. I'm just going to assume that was your point.
You know what happens when you assume?And you're a lawyer, of course your cerebral cortex is off kilter.
If it makes you feel better, I've always felt Chris Christie or Jeb Bush actually represented the GOP's "best chance to be more like democrats".
fyp
I think this line is interesting:"It found that most Americans say the president deserves to be voted out of office even though they have concerns about the Republican alternatives."Has this always been the case? Or is it a more modern philosophy because the people are becoming more disillusioned with all politicians?If we're happy with your job performance, you get another term. If we're not, you don't. Doesn't matter who the alternative is because we don't really like any of you guys anyway.
I think this line is interesting:"It found that most Americans say the president deserves to be voted out of office even though they have concerns about the Republican alternatives."Has this always been the case? Or is it a more modern philosophy because the people are becoming more disillusioned with all politicians?If we're happy with your job performance the economy, you get another term. If we're not, you don't. Doesn't matter who the alternative is because we don't really like any of you guys anyway.
I think this is more accurate

More bad news for President Obama. Under his watch half the schools in this country have gotten worse.And even though the democrats 'knew' that NCLB was bad, they left it fully in place for the last 3 years while they played golf.I do love how quickly the media blames Bush though. I guess we can expect that for the next decade, since it's the only song they sing.Of course its no wonder we have to find a scape goat:

The law requires states to have every student performing at grade level in math and reading by 2014, which most educators agree is an impossible goal.
Bush was INSANE for demanding such an impossible task. Imagine asking teachers to earn their pay and educate students with 10 years to work on the process...it's inhuman.
Anyone who has been reading this forum for long enough is well aware that learning is simply impossible for some people.
Hey now..democrats probably have feelings too...
Heh - that'd be a funny conversation. Who is more stubborn, severe democrats or severe republicans? Is that kind of like dividing by zero?
I couldn't handicap that race.

President Barack Obamas approval rating jumped 5 percentage points from November to December, fueled by dramatic gains among middle-class Americans, according to a CNN/ORC International poll released Tuesday.Obamas approval rating rose from 44% last month to 49% now, and the results suggest the debate over extending the payroll tax cuts in Congress is helping Obamas efforts to portray himself as defender of the middle class. The poll was conducted from Friday through Sunday, while the Senate was passing the measure with bipartisan support and House Speaker John Boehner was giving it a dim outlook in his chamber.Obamas gains appear to have come at the expense of congressional Republicans and the GOP in general -- the partys overall rating has dropped 6 points, to 43%, since June while Democrats rating has stayed at 55%.And a majority now say they have more confidence in Obama than in Republicans in Congress -- last spring, only 44% felt that way.Democrats do particularly well among middle-income Americans, while the Republicans win support only from the top end of the income scale.

And on a related note, also from CNN:President Barack Obama now holds a lead over potential Republican presidential rivals in a CNN/ORC International Poll released Tuesday.If the election were held today, Obama would have a 52%-45% advantage over former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Texas Rep. Ron Paul. The incumbent would have a double-digit lead over former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann and Texas Gov. Rick Perry, the poll suggests.A similar poll last month found Obama trailing Romney, but the margin was within the poll's sampling error, which is considered a statistical tie.The poll is not a prediction that Obama will win in November; polls taken this many months before an election do not have predictive value.

God, Nate Silver is awesome.So, Americans like fiscally short-sighted tax cuts (or extensions of tax cuts) that benefit them personally? Gutsy political move there.
And democrats think cutting taxes will spur on the economy....oh wait.
I know I do.Why are the Republicans blocking this extension anyway?
Because the bill is actually just another extension on the unemployment benefit. They are extending the 99 weeks of unemployment compensation another 8 weeks. And some republicans are asking why are we continuing to throw good money after bad.Of course the democrats just care about people and don't want them to not get free money for not working because its Christmas and even though they hate all things Christian and want no mixing in public life, they think we should run our government on the principles of sharing on the day we celebrate the sharing of God's Son with mankind....
democrats...want no mixing in public life
It's not really clear what you mean by this, but I'm still gonna point out that it was Democrats who ended legal segregation, started school busing programs to force-integrate schools, and made Affirmative Action a law. But maybe you're talking about something else? Maybe you can clarify.