Well the accusers signed non-disclosure agreements as part of their settlements.Things will come out or they won't over the next few days and how Cain handles it will be interesting.
So far not too well. Apparently the Cain campaign has known this was coming for a while but they still seemed to have been caught unprepared. Not good, not having a politcal background is going to hurt him now. The more I think about the more it does make sense that is was one of the repub campaigns that leaked this.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the difference between a particular gene sequence in an abstract sense and a particular gene sequence that exists within a cell? Can you explain the difference in a way that doesn't boil down

This is pretty funny. The problem isn't the itty bitty details. The problem is Romney refuses to say if he's going to play Poker or Go Fish with the cards, and is on record as saying he doesn't know

I see.   I'd rather give the poor tax breaks than give them welfare. As a general rule. Let them keep their money to live on rather than take their money and then provide for them.

It isn't garbage it's a story.Basically Cain and his campaign have said he didn't sexually harrass anybody but they have not denied that two women received a financial payment.I'm sure the spin is going to be that the accusations were false and that they were paid off since that was cheaper and easier than fighting the charges.
it may be spin but it also could be the full truth, our legal system is so screwed up that often times it isn't worthwhile to fight and win, it costs you more in in fees...just make a deal and get back to business. Sad but the truth, happens every day.
This will now dominate the coverage of Cain by the MSM. The same MSM that largely ignored an actual rape allegation against Bill Clinton. Anybody remember " put a little ice on that"
Really? the mainstream media ignoring a problem with a liberal democrat? at least this was just a rape and not one of the 40 or so random dead people that had dealings wiht Clinton's!! Of course that doesn't confirm anything just a terrible run of bad luck...
This will now dominate the coverage of Cain by the MSM. The same MSM that largely ignored an actual rape allegation against Bill Clinton. Anybody remember " put a little ice on that"
Good point! Damn MSM never ran a single thing about Clinton and rape/sexual abuse allegations. Or, was it on the front page of every paper for months? I can't remember.
Really? the mainstream media ignoring a problem with a liberal democrat? at least this was just a rape and not one of the 40 or so random dead people that had dealings wiht Clinton's!! Of course that doesn't confirm anything just a terrible run of bad luck...
I try to avoid calling people insane, but the lefties on the last page have been sorely lacking in sanity.
Oh, snap, Clinton Murders, ZOMG
Good point! Damn MSM never ran a single thing about Clinton and rape/sexual abuse allegations. Or, was it on the front page of every paper for months? I can't remember.I try to avoid calling people insane, but the lefties on the last page have been sorely lacking in sanity.
I can't remember when the Rape allegation was first made. But it wasn't covered by a lot of the medai. The impeachment thing was of course big news, and yes everyday there were dozens of stories telling us that his behavior shouldn't disqualify him from holding office. It should keep Clarence Thomas off the supreme court but not a democratic president. To be honest though, the news coverage of the Clinton Scandal was all over the place, all news outlets weren't fully behind him, there were several I think at one time suggested he should resign. But if I remember correctly I believe thet 60 minutes had an interview with the alleged rape victem that they kept on the shelf for a good while. I believe they or someone else eventually did release the interview but that is another discussion. The fact remains though that such vague accusations would not be reported about a democratic candadate. Remember how they didn't cover the Edwards Love Child until after the election?
This is such Horseshit, maybe the people you hang out with. I live in the midwest, and I know of one person, who btw was a lifelong democrat say he wouldn't elect a ****** president. The guy that said this everyone generally agrees is a piece of shit,Now you may find a lot of dislike for black lib politicians in the midwest but it has nothing to do with what color their skin happens to be.
I chuckled. it's just my personal experience here in KS, doesn't necessarily mean it holds true everywhere.
I chuckled. it's just my personal experience here in KS, doesn't necessarily mean it holds true everywhere.
Odd, since his personal experienceds ARE THE ABSOLUTE UNQUESTIONABLE TRUTH.
http://www.bing.com/news/search?q=herman+c...t&FORM=EWREShoulda saw this coming. More unsubstantiated, unfocused, anonynmous source attack on a conservative black by the "unbiased and completely fair media"First Thomas, now Cain. Funny when serial harrasser Clinton was accused, the media went after the acusers.
Seriously, remember when they almost impeached Paula Jones? Oh, they didn't? Damn.
it Printed as it was it is garbage, IMO, like I said earlier, this story would not have been run if it involved a democratic candadate, with facts as vague as they are is the story.
Fox News would have had a telethon!Also, the idea that the Democrats would leak this NOW is hilarious. Complete non-understanding of how politics works ftw (this applies to everybody not just Zealous Donkey).
Odd, since his personal experienceds ARE THE ABSOLUTE UNQUESTIONABLE TRUTH.
No, Balloon Guy's experiences are the absolute unquestionable truth, but until he weighs in my experience is all I have to go on.
Fox News would have had a telethon!Also, the idea that the Democrats would leak this NOW is hilarious. Complete non-understanding of how politics works ftw (this applies to everybody not just Zealous Donkey).
Hey, I said I believe a repub campaign could have leaked it, but don't underestimate what the left will do when they feel threatened. They are still going after Palin and she isn't even running for anything. Does politco admit to being left wing? I thought they represented themselves as main stream middle of the road. It doesn't matter now anyway, because the MSM has free reign now to ask unending questions about this instead of his rising campaign. IMO he should have a press conference and stay and answer every single question as best he can, get it all over with in one day.
You know the more I think about it, Cain called Ron Paul a "grumpy old man" on Leno. I think the Ron Paul campaign may be giving a little payback.And then there is this, http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/31/herman-c...e-on-halloween/Every man has his breaking point, I think Mr. Cain may have pushed Dr. Paul once too often.

Of course it is also possible that Cain himself leaked this to the news.You take a potentially bad scandal, get the story out early with serious flaws ( anonymous unnamed sources ) then discredit it.Then later if someone tries to bring it up to use against you, you can say: "Are we going to bring this up again? We've already addressed this trash."For the record, if it was Cain's camp who did this, I am even more in love with him.Cain/Gingrich 2012

Of course it is also possible that Cain himself leaked this to the news.You take a potentially bad scandal, get the story out early with serious flaws ( anonymous unnamed sources ) then discredit it.Then later if someone tries to bring it up to use against you, you can say: "Are we going to bring this up again? We've already addressed this trash."For the record, if it was Cain's camp who did this, I am even more in love with him.Cain/Gingrich 2012
This I could buy. Zealous,Sure, any political party is capable of a lot. We should know that by now. But, the timing makes no sense and it assumes the Democrats don't want Obama to run against an inexperienced guy which I doubt. I can't imagine the Dems are sitting there rooting against Herman Cain in the GOP primary. If they are, they are dumber than I thought.
IMO he should have a press conference and stay and answer every single question as best he can, get it all over with in one day.
The Alan Alda gambit from West Wing. I like it!
This is such Horseshit, maybe the people you hang out with. I live in the midwest, and I know of one person, who btw was a lifelong democrat say he wouldn't elect a ****** president. The guy that said this everyone generally agrees is a piece of shit,Now you may find a lot of dislike for black lib politicians in the midwest but it has nothing to do with what color their skin happens to be.
This has been my experience, too, for the most part, living in the midwest. The most racist people I know tend to be Democrats. Living in CA racism was different, it seemed to be more anti-immigrant, and probably more right wing. When I lived on the east coast, the only racism I heard about was against Asians; overall, I saw a lot less racism out east, probably because it truly is a melting pot.
This I could buy. Zealous,Sure, any political party is capable of a lot. We should know that by now. But, the timing makes no sense and it assumes the Democrats don't want Obama to run against an inexperienced guy which I doubt. I can't imagine the Dems are sitting there rooting against Herman Cain in the GOP primary. If they are, they are dumber than I thought.The Alan Alda gambit from West Wing. I like it!
The "Alan Alda" gambit worked for Mark McGwire when he became hitting coach for the St. Louis Cardinals. On the first day of spring training the facitly was packed with reporters. Tony Larussa was widely critisized for causing such a distraction for his team by hiring McGwire. Big Mac went out and answered every question they asked, and it was over after the first day. Now he and Larussa are being fitted for world series rings.
This has been my experience, too, for the most part, living in the midwest. The most racist people I know tend to be Democrats. Living in CA racism was different, it seemed to be more anti-immigrant, and probably more right wing. When I lived on the east coast, the only racism I heard about was against Asians; overall, I saw a lot less racism out east, probably because it truly is a melting pot.
seems like you live in the least midwesty place one can find in the midwest

The major problem -- one of the major problems, for there are several -- one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.To summarize: it is a well known fact, that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.- Douglas Adams

The "Alan Alda" gambit worked for Mark McGwire when he became hitting coach for the St. Louis Cardinals. On the first day of spring training the facitly was packed with reporters. Tony Larussa was widely critisized for causing such a distraction for his team by hiring McGwire. Big Mac went out and answered every question they asked, and it was over after the first day. Now he and Larussa are being fitted for world series rings.
McGwire was already hired for the job. He could've gone out and thrown used syringes at the reporters...he was already hired.
McGwire was already hired for the job. He could've gone out and thrown used syringes at the reporters...he was already hired.
Good point, I can't think of any other way to keep this from bogging him down. He could play the victem, thats what the democrats would do, but with him it would be hard sale, he won't have any of the MSM to carry his water. He's screwed for right now!
Good point, I can't think of any other way to keep this from bogging him down. He could play the victem, thats what the democrats would do, but with him it would be hard sale, he won't have any of the MSM to carry his water. He's screwed for right now!
This is the craziest thing I have read in a long time.