• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the difference between a particular gene sequence in an abstract sense and a particular gene sequence that exists within a cell? Can you explain the difference in a way that doesn't boil down

This is pretty funny. The problem isn't the itty bitty details. The problem is Romney refuses to say if he's going to play Poker or Go Fish with the cards, and is on record as saying he doesn't know

I see.   I'd rather give the poor tax breaks than give them welfare. As a general rule. Let them keep their money to live on rather than take their money and then provide for them.

There was a time in America when a man was a man, a horse was a horse, and a man on a horse was just a man on a horse... unless he carried, Yellow Flowers.
FYP
The smoking ad is doing the trick.At this point, anyone who doesn't support Cain is an obvious racist.(Am I doing that right? I don't feel like looking up a thread from the 2008 elections; I'm pretty sure it went something like that.)
Hey, if your goal is to hand Obama 4 more years on a silver platter, you're all doing "it" right.
Hey, if your goal is to hand Obama 4 more years on a silver platter, you're all doing "it" right.
We may try, but the question is will the democrats fight us on 'trying to lose' better than us?Its the new norm.
We may try, but the question is will the democrats fight us on 'trying to lose' better than us?Its the new norm.
I think the only really true thing that can be said is that Hillary would crush everybody if she ran in 2012.
I think the only really true thing that can be said is that Hillary would crush everybody if she ran in 2012.
Yea, she has put on a few pounds.

Pretty devastating article in the Times against Herman Cain's organizational and managerial skills:http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/27/us/polit...f-chaos.html?hpBut we all know he's not serious and he's really trying to cash in "Palin style" and sell some books.

Apparently he's really good at being the executive of a large organization... and really bad at campaigning.so, the exact opposite of Obama, except for... you know.

Pretty devastating article in the Times against Herman Cain's organizational and managerial skills:http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/27/us/polit...f-chaos.html?hpBut we all know he's not serious and he's really trying to cash in "Palin style" and sell some books.
Racists.EDIT: I didn't look at the article, this is just going to be my standard response to all criticism of Cain, just as it was the response to all criticism of Obama in the 2008 election cycle.
Racists.EDIT: I didn't look at the article, this is just going to be my standard response to all criticism of Cain, just as it was the response to all criticism of Obama in the 2008 election cycle.
Thanks, this new trend should make your posts much more constructive.
Apparently he's really good at being the executive of a large organization... and really bad at campaigning.so, the exact opposite of Obama, except for... you know.
But he really hasn't been in charge of any large organizations. You know the Franchise fast food indurstry pretty well.Godfathers when Pillsbury bought it and assigned him to run it had about 640 locations and $275 million is sales. It was a Franchise chain so assume Godfathers got a standard 5% of sales as royalties that would mean $13.75 million in head office revenue. Let's assume that they had some company locations and maybe required the franchisees to purchase some supplies from them and say that maybe Godfather's corporate had $25 million to $40 million in revenue. That isn't a large organization and fast food restaurant chains aren't that complicated to run. Godfathers basically shed some stores and survived under Cain. It appears he was a good manager in the fast food industry.He had a stint on the board of the Federal Reserve of Kansas City. Those appointments are political and given mostly to bankers and other assorted politically connected CEO'sHis time heading up the Restaurant Association he was basically a Washington lobbyist for the restaurant industry supporting things like allowing smoking in restaurants and keeping minimum wage laws as low as possible.Since then he's mostly been a motivational speaker.Cain is a self made man and I respect that but nothing in his history suggests that he has the background in Economics, Foreign Affairs or understanding how govenment works to be the President. I don't think in his wildest dreams he thought he could be a threat to win the nomination and he's run his campaign assuming that he wouldn't be.
Cain is a self made man and I respect that but nothing in his history suggests that he has the background in Economics, Foreign Affairs or understanding how govenment works to be the President. I don't think in his wildest dreams he thought he could be a threat to win the nomination and he's run his campaign assuming that he wouldn't be.
Not that I disagree with you here, but neither did Obama.
Not that I disagree with you here, but neither did Obama.
I think the difference is that Obama did have some Legislative History at the State level and his brief time in the Senate and since he did think he was a threat to actually win he worked to learn about things like foreign affairs that he didn't have much experience in.No question Obama as a younger man when he ran for President didn't have the experience of somebody who would be older with a longer time to gain experience.
I think the difference is that Obama did have some Legislative History at the State level and his brief time in the Senate and since he did think he was a threat to actually win he worked to learn about things like foreign affairs that he didn't have much experience in.No question Obama as a younger man when he ran for President didn't have the experience of somebody who would be older with a longer time to gain experience.
Also, fwiw, those are the type of people I think we need. Ones who don't have the old guard mentality. Some things answer themselves, other you can bring in advisors who's expertise is in that field, etc.

if the jobless rate is sub-8% by election time, we'll get obama again. if it isn't, we'll get whichever retard the right picks. either way, the only thing that's potentially changing is the brand of lip service./thread

Thanks, this new trend should make your posts much more constructive.
I think it's a wash...
Hey, now you guys know how it felt trying to discuss Obama's weaknesses back in 2008! It's the Circle of Life!
But he really hasn't been in charge of any large organizations. You know the Franchise fast food indurstry pretty well.Godfathers when Pillsbury bought it and assigned him to run it had about 640 locations and $275 million is sales. It was a Franchise chain so assume Godfathers got a standard 5% of sales as royalties that would mean $13.75 million in head office revenue. Let's assume that they had some company locations and maybe required the franchisees to purchase some supplies from them and say that maybe Godfather's corporate had $25 million to $40 million in revenue. That isn't a large organization and fast food restaurant chains aren't that complicated to run. Godfathers basically shed some stores and survived under Cain. It appears he was a good manager in the fast food industry.He had a stint on the board of the Federal Reserve of Kansas City. Those appointments are political and given mostly to bankers and other assorted politically connected CEO'sHis time heading up the Restaurant Association he was basically a Washington lobbyist for the restaurant industry supporting things like allowing smoking in restaurants and keeping minimum wage laws as low as possible.Since then he's mostly been a motivational speaker.Cain is a self made man and I respect that but nothing in his history suggests that he has the background in Economics, Foreign Affairs or understanding how govenment works to be the President. I don't think in his wildest dreams he thought he could be a threat to win the nomination and he's run his campaign assuming that he wouldn't be.
You wouldn't say that if he were white.(OK, I'll stop now. Maybe).
if the jobless rate is sub-8% by election time, we'll get obama again. if it isn't, we'll get whichever retard the right picks. either way, the only thing that's potentially changing is the brand of lip service./thread
Unfortunately you are probably correct here. Although I did see an article lately talking about piles of sand and phase shifts. I think it had something to do with elections, too.
LOL, you are so biased.She did not say that supporting Cain is racist that is just how you want to view what she said.With the million and one talking heads on cable these days it's easy to find comments that make one side or the other look bad.Here is what she said.
"I think he makes that white Republican base of the party feel okay, feel that they're not racist because they can like this guy, I think they like him because he’s a black man who knows his place," Democratic strategist and former spokeswoman of the DNC Karen Finney told MSNBC. She was talking about Herman Cain.
Feel free to disagree with her comment but you're doing exactly what you accuse others are doing with your headline on your link.
Feel free to disagree with her comment but you're doing exactly what you accuse others are doing with your headline on your link.
Uh, yeah, that's the point.See, when I've expressed frustration over the last three years at the coverage of national events, you guys acted like the coverage is perfectly fair and anyone who disagrees must just be a cranky biased ideologue. But now that the tables have turned, and Cain and OWS have replaced Obama and tea parties, suddenly you guys are all about fairness and clarity.I'm hoping at some point all the people who were calling the Obama opponents and the tea party 'racist' will engage in a little introspection. The situation is exactly reversed now, and yet, as my link showed, the racism charges STILL flow in one direction. The violence and racism at OWS is undeniable; the racial hatred of Cain is undeniable. Where is the outrage?When the party that elected a KKK member for over 50 years and has racists as VP and Speaker of the House starts cleaning up their own manure and the media holds them to it, maybe I'll start to believe these guys are interested in facts rather than ideology.