• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the difference between a particular gene sequence in an abstract sense and a particular gene sequence that exists within a cell? Can you explain the difference in a way that doesn't boil down

This is pretty funny. The problem isn't the itty bitty details. The problem is Romney refuses to say if he's going to play Poker or Go Fish with the cards, and is on record as saying he doesn't know

I see.   I'd rather give the poor tax breaks than give them welfare. As a general rule. Let them keep their money to live on rather than take their money and then provide for them.

Huntsman for President: He believes in science and speaks Chinese.
Also his Father has given away about $1.2 Billion to charity and who can trust somebody who would do that especially when it's all gone to things like Cancer research and helping the poor throughout the World.
Also his Father has given away about $1.2 Billion to charity and who can trust somebody who would do that especially when it's all gone to things like Cancer research and helping the poor throughout the World.
Huntsman's Father for President: He donates to charity.
I mean first of all, fuck "charity". What a stupid concept, honestly, and now we are supposed to all agree that the pinnacle of human behavior is just giving money away? This is a naked emperor. Even Bill Gates has admitted that with all the money he's spent on charity very little has gotten done.
From wiki:

Huntsman has been described by the Huffington Post as "a conservative technocrat-optimist with moderate positions who was willing to work substantively with President Barack Obama"[55] and identifies himself as a center-right conservative.[56]As governor, Huntsman listed economic development, health-care reform, education, and energy security as his top priorities. He oversaw tax cuts and advocated reorganizing the way that services were distributed so that the government would not become overwhelmed by the state's fast growing population. He also proposed a plan to reform health-care, mainly through the private sector, by using tax breaks and negotiation to keep prices down.[57] In 2007, when asked about a healthcare mandate, Huntsman said, "I'm comfortable with a requirement – you can call it whatever you want, but at some point we're going to have to get serious about how we deal with this issue".[58]In a 2008 evaluation of state governors' fiscal policies, the libertarian Cato Institute praised Huntsman's conservative tax policies, ranking him in a tie for fifth place on overall fiscal policy. He was particularly lauded for his efforts to cut taxes, where he received the highest score on tax policy of all 50 governors. The report specifically highlighted his reductions of the sales tax and simplification of the tax code.[60] However, the report concluded that: "Unfortunately, Huntsman has completely dropped the ball on spending, with per capita spending increasing at about 10 percent annually during his tenure."[60] He defines his taxation policy as "business friendly".[61]As part of his presidential campaign, Huntsman claimed that "our tax code has devolved into a maze of special-interest carve-outs, loopholes and temporary provisions that cost taxpayers more than $400 billion a year to comply with." The candidate called for "[getting] rid of all tax expenditures, all loopholes, all deductions, all subsidies. Use that to lower rates across the board. And do it on a revenue-neutral basis."[62]

He seems like an interesting candidate to me.

BorowitzReport Andy Borowitz about the debate"Mr. Cain, without repeating yourself, how many Supreme Court Justices are there?" #GOPDebateWhen China sees a debate like this, they must wonder what kind of country they bought. #GOPDebateMichele Bachmann has adopted 42 more kids since the last debate. #GOPDebateThis asking-each-other-questions part is like the whitest yo mama contest in history.Romney: "I'm not worried about poor people. They have cardboard boxes to live in." #GOPDebatePerry: "Michele, I'm known for being a racist, but you've just reminded me how much I hate women, too." #GOPDebateDefinitely the most innovative idea of the night is Rick Santorum's plan to go to war with China. #GOPDebateIf your drinking game was based on the number 9 you would now be dead. #GOPDebateRick Perry is like an F student trying to come off as a D-minus student. #GOPDebateHerman Cain: "My economic advisors include two leading economists, Little Caesar and Papa John."

I fail to see the appeal of Cain. Ive watched 4 or 5 of these debates so far and just by going off the debates the only thing you get from him is 999. Every question is just answered by him trying to find the quickest way to work in 999.And the same could be said about Bachmann and Obamacare. All her answers conclude with obamacare being horrible.

The interesting thing is that as Perry has collapsed none of the support went to Romney.I think once people look closer at Cain he'll be found pretty wanting. He really is pretty clueless on both Foreign Affairs and Economics and doesn't really have any sort of campaign structure in place to run a national campaign.
Are we talking about Cain or Obama?What foreign affairs stance did candidate Obama have other than a recent trip to England where he bad mouthed his country?What economic stance did candidate Obama have other than he was going to print and spend a $trillion giving political favors to democrats who gave him money and see if that 'fixed' the economy?Herman Cain is president of an organization of business leaders in a difficult and economically volatile restaurant business. His understanding of how business in America works is 5Xs better than Romneys, and 20Xs better than any democrat I can think of in office today.I'm not a big fan of 999, he will have to put exclusions for lower income people to defeat the democrat class warfare regardless of validity program currently in full force. But when they get their exclusion and then get a pay check with 15% taken out like now, while the rest of the country only gets 9% taken out, they will see it differently. And 9% will be a tax cut for middle America. The thought that the rich only pay 9% will never fly with the left, they think the only way for things to be fair is to punish success.The 9% national sales tax will be added to the 8.85% California sales tax which will still be less than the european 25% VAT, but will be a shock to most Americans.But there aren't going to be any corporate 'dodging' of a tax code that says: 'How much did you make? Pay 9% of it.' In fact you will see much less loop hole seekers because 9% after 35% will seem like nothing.Plus today's 999 plan is tomorrows 10, 10, 12 plan etc.But I don't see the 999 plan moving forward, and I suspect he will pull back on promoting it if he gets the nomination.Let's face it, Romney is the establishment's choice and they are trying to shove him down our throats again because he can 'raise money' The 'don't tax and spend' republicans are not the best choice for our country or our party. His mormonism is irrelevant to me. Mormons are almost exactly the same as me on soical issues, but Romney is not. I'd rather vote for a Jew who is pro-life over a Baptist who is pro-choice. Huntsman is a democrat, you guys liking him goes to show he's bad for our party. Imagine if you had a democrat candidate next election cycle that I said would be a good choice for president...do you think there is any chance in the world you guys would like him? That's Huntsman for us.Paul would be really good economically for our country, but would be a disaster in foreign and domestic policy. It is short sighted not to recognize the US's role as sole super power and keeper of freedom's flame in the world. You really want to rely on Germany or France to use military power to keep the peace? One would fail miserably while whoring themselves to every dictator with a little oil money, and the other is to busy using all their economic might to keep the Euro from tanking. Bachman is a nice lady, but she won't ever make it. I don't think any woman should ever run this country.And Perry I see as being too meek and beholden to the old establishment republican, not rocking the boat etc.Cain/Gingrich 2012.
I'd rather vote for a Jew who is pro-life over a Baptist who is pro-choice.
Mac & Charlie: WHOA!BG: Whoa what?Mac: Come on man, you can't say things like that!BG: I don't know what I said. What'd I say?Charlie: Uh, you dropped a hard "J" on us.
It's clearly going to be Romney, why do they keep putting other people on the stage?
To give Romney a chance to screw up.You know during the last election cycle, around this time in the process, it was Hillary who was a shoe in. In fact she was a lock and candidate Obama was just making waves to solidify his future in the party, maybe get a VP slot.Romney will not be a very good president for this country.But I'll vote for him unless I golf with checky again.

Perry is around my 7th choice for the nomination, but you are obviously straight out knowingly smearing his name by reading that article and then taking the time to call him a birther.There is absolutely no chance that anyone knows 100% if anyone's birth certificate is real or not. Let alone, a sitting President with the power of the world in his pocket.Perry didn't say he believes it's fake, he in fact said he didn't know and that it didn't matter, even calling it a "distractive issue".

Perry is around my 7th choice for the nomination, but you are obviously straight out knowingly smearing his name by reading that article and then taking the time to call him a birther.There is absolutely no chance that anyone knows 100% if anyone's birth certificate is real or not. Let alone, a sitting President with the power of the world in his pocket.Perry didn't say he believes it's fake, he in fact said he didn't know and that it didn't matter, even calling it a "distractive issue".
Why not just say of course he's born in the US instead of weasling around well I wasn't there to see him come out of his Mother's womb. He's afraid to upset the retard birther wing of the Republican Party that is led by the guy with the orange muskrat on his head who he had dinner with the other night.Do I actually think that he thinks Obama wasn't born in the US ? No, but it still says a lot about him that he can't just come out and say yes he was born in the US.Here's the interview.http://www.parade.com/news/2011/10/23-rick...se.html?index=3Governor, do you believe that President Barack Obama was born in the United States? I have no reason to think otherwise. That’s not a definitive, “Yes, I believe he”— Well, I don’t have a definitive answer, because he’s never seen my birth certificate. But you’ve seen his. I don’t know. Have I? You don’t believe what’s been released? I don’t know. I had dinner with Donald Trump the other night. And? That came up. And he said? He doesn’t think it’s real. And you said? I don’t have any idea. It doesn’t matter. He’s the President of the United States. He’s elected. It’s a distractive issue.

Yeah after that exchange, I'm with bob. He does everything he can to weasel around it AND slips in Trump's crazy theory. So, no he's not a birther but he is a pos.

We know that Rick Perry isn't a smart man but I didn't think he was a Birther.
I'm with bob. So, no he's not a birther but he is a pos.
How is this agreeing with Bob?

Sounds more like an answer from a politician wanting to make sure he doesn't lose the birther vote. All 73 of them.Of course the reality that there were a lot of legitimate reasons to want President Obama to prove his birth because of his father, his upbringing in Indonesia etc.It's not like he's some just some guy from Chicago that the right is trying to smear.He has more family in Kenya than America.And he has an uncle and an aunt that are illegal immigrants in America.