annie duke's show cancelled

If they'd cast Evelyn NG and Clonie Gowen I'd have watched!! But poker is frowned on by the religious right, the audiance many new shows are aiming to attract.

And you guys wonder why there are so few girls on the forums here.
Maybe because poker is 90-95% guys? I dunno, that's just the logic talking. :roll:
True, but these boards aren't even close to 5-10% women...Hey, do what you want, but if you're going to talk like you're in a locker room, then don't whine about the fact that there are no women posting!Except for Barry Greenstein, I never see any reference to the appearance of male players, but EVERY TIME a woman player is mentioned, you guys go off on "I'd hit that" or "I wouldn't go near her" or any of a number of classless, disgusting remarks. All you're doing is reinforcing the stereotype of a certain type of small-minded male. Congratulations! :wink:
I guess I would hit it, but only with the help of multiple beers, doobies, and I would need to get some free poker lessons...
with that logic, you'd be better off hitting chris fergeuson.....

yo hurl that was a good post, u captured my thoughts exactly. she seems like a nice lady i would never go to her church group and talk like this, but i would absolutely BONE clonie, id dog her out every way i could. thats just how i feel. Annie duke tho? no!

I said that I have seen Barry's appearance commented on, but he's the only one. Maybe you were so busy thinking about sex that you couldn't concentrate well enough to read my post properly. I have seen people post about why women don't post here, but I'm not concerned enough about the whole issue to dig up the references. If you're here so often, I'm sure you could find them if you cared to.Oh, and THINKING about sex is very different from talking about it. I live in the world, I'm around men every day and somehow they do manage to discuss other topics. Really, it is possible even for human beings with Y chromosomes to discuss topics (even women) without being base or vulgar. Well, possible for some human beings, anyway... :roll:
i dont mean to be rude ,<ok yes id do..> you say that when you are around most men, they dont talk about sex...hmm is that you in your avatar pic? if so,maybe thats the reason....im just sayin.....if you dont like the language here, you dont have to participate..just like i dont have to participate in the cheesecake of the month club....are you related to comic book guy from the simpsons?? just checking...

Looks, you'd be wrong.. ever read a tread about My boy, x22? People hate on that misunderstood genius's looks more than any other player, male or female. People can be inmature and cruel.. just figure that out, did ya? And as I think biaches and vampires are hot, I'd most definatlly hit it.

Well, you've all proved my point very nicely. I thought I could enlighten you as to why it's such a boys' club here, but you don't care, so why should I?And for those of you who were base enough to insult my appearance, I don't see pictures of any of you -- are you all gorgeous studs? I tend to doubt it.As far as whatever else you simpletons said, it isn't worth responding to. I'll go back to lurking like the rest of the women here...And, oh yeah, Layne Flack - THERE'S a FILF!

Well, you've all proved my point very nicely. I thought I could enlighten you as to why it's such a boys' club here, but you don't care, so why should I?And for those of you who were base enough to insult my appearance, I don't see pictures of any of you -- are you all gorgeous studs? I tend to doubt it.As far as whatever else you simpletons said, it isn't worth responding to. I'll go back to lurking like the rest of the women here...And, oh yeah, Layne Flack - THERE'S a FILF!
enlighten us??? lol....this is a POKER forum....we are not here to right the wrongs of the world...poker is world dominated by men, like it or not...this forum is 95% male, like it or not...you are not attractive, like it or not..my pic is not here because this is a poker forum and not a dating site...its not our fault you look like the mother from whats eating gilbert grape...and as far as the layne flack=filf comment...i think i just threw up a little in my mouth.....on the upside i think next month is cherry chessecake, you have that going for you...

I'll go back to my first statement - guys post and ask "where are the ladies?" The ladies are off elsewhere, posting on forums where the average intelligence of the posts is higher than kindergarden.IveyFan, I could could insult you personally if I wanted - but what would that prove? All I can think is that you're obviously a bitter and unhappy man, and it shows.I'm leaving work now so I'll be able to get away from the computer and won't have time for this. Thanks for helping me kill a boring afternoon.Daniel Negreanu has the reputation of being a fine gentleman. I can't imagine he would be happy to see the nastiness on the forums on his own website. It's very sad to see.

I'll go back to my first statement - guys post and ask "where are the ladies?" The ladies are off elsewhere, posting on forums where the average intelligence of the posts is higher than kindergarden.IveyFan, I could could insult you personally if I wanted - but what would that prove? All I can think is that you're obviously a bitter and unhappy man, and it shows.I'm leaving work now so I'll be able to get away from the computer and won't have time for this. Thanks for helping me kill a boring afternoon.Daniel Negreanu has the reputation of being a fine gentleman. I can't imagine he would be happy to see the nastiness on the forums on his own website. It's very sad to see.
honey, if you wouldnt have come on here and basically tried to "straighten out the forum" i wouldnt have flamed you...i have never asked "where the ladies at" i could care less...i come in here to talk,learn and appreciate poker...i have my wife if i want to talk to a female...i would love to hear a a females perspective on poker, not on how the world is run...if you dislike the male element in here, i have an idea dont read..rememeber we didnt make a post bashing all women poker players, just annie duke, then you went on to generalize about the whole forum..really i couldnt give a crap less about if men talk about sex with you<ewww>.....as far as being bitter and unhappy, if thats what you need to think about me in order to not go on a binge eating fest , than so be it...

Allright everyone, The demeaning sexual comments have to stop. This will be the public warning, no more or I'll have to start banning accounts if it doesn't stop. Thanks.

And you guys wonder why there are so few girls on the forums here.
Maybe because poker is 90-95% guys? I dunno, that's just the logic talking. :roll:
True, but these boards aren't even close to 5-10% women...Hey, do what you want, but if you're going to talk like you're in a locker room, then don't whine about the fact that there are no women posting!Except for Barry Greenstein, I never see any reference to the appearance of male players, but EVERY TIME a woman player is mentioned, you guys go off on "I'd hit that" or "I wouldn't go near her" or any of a number of classless, disgusting remarks. All you're doing is reinforcing the stereotype of a certain type of small-minded male. Congratulations! :wink:
JWeb - Can I get one in here before you delete it? Thx!Stacie - What did you expect when you came to a board that is 95% male? Especially early to mid twenties male?But, that being said, I think you're being a little too hard on the guys. I mean Iveyfan is right (mean and cruel but right) in that this isn't the cheesecake forum. You gotta expect a different kind of thinking from this demographic than from a forum full of 30 year old women.And as for not seeing posts about male players, well that's just flat out wrong. Theresa113, Nikki_N, and I all participated wholeheartedly in a thread entitled "Doesn't Daniel look hot in this picture" not that long ago. Many of the guys posted there, too. None of them slammed us for talking about DNs looks. They slammed each other for being gay but they left the girls to their conversation. I think by the time it was done, many of them had learned a thing or two about how a woman thinks. That's how you've got to take these threads. It's an insight into these guy's minds. You can't control what they say. You can only control how you react to it. Learn to learn from it.

hell yea renaedawnbobbymaesueann, oh sorry i got carried away. i agree with what u said 100% its normal healthy and human to appreciate a sexy woman. And when it comes to girls like clonie and evelyn, i appreciate!!!!thats not degrading, im sure they would laugh if they read it.

they dont talk about sex...hmm is that you in your avatar pic? if so,maybe thats the reason....im just sayin.....if you dont like the language here, you dont have to participate..just like i dont have to participate in the cheesecake of the month club....are you related to comic book guy from the simpsons?? just checking...Wow, you are going to need some ice for that burn, Stacie. 8) Now I'm going to try to get on the feminism topic here that seems to be brewing. All throughout highschool my buddies would always cat call and say "Wow I'd hit that". I tend to show more respect towards women, but that's just my personality. This is what bugs me about your posts Stacie, you seem to be stretching something that isn't a big deal. I got a chuckle when I read that posters post that went something like I'd dog HER out in every position I could. Why do you get so offended? If he wants to treat a woman like a piece of meat that's his problem, he has to live with it. He didn't try to bring harm or direct any ill will towards the person he wanted to "dog" and I think that's the real issue. This seems to me like harmless fun, I don't condone it but damn lady, relax, this isn't like some rap video where we get "our" "bitches" out and start slapping their asses. It's an internet forum, don't expect most of these people to be mature adults, but at least they aren't self-serving extremists like you seem to be.