Poker Game Raid Makes Drudge

There's as much as $9 trillion missing from TARP. There's several billions of $ missing in Iraq aid. 30-40 million people are under-employed/unemployed.25 million illegals now receive government benefits. But your government is still keeping you safe from poker by raiding and confiscating $1000 from a home game. That's $125 per player; about two fills of gasoline in an average car. Sleep soundly tonight.http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/jul/07/k...partner=popular

thread title made me think you were shortening pai gow poker to paoker, dunno why.this shit ****ing sucks. do they really have nothing better to do in knox county?

TARP cost about 245 billion, almost all of which has been repaid or is on track to be repaid.The entire US budget in 2010 was about 3.55 trillion.The poker bust is still horse---- though.

TARP cost about 245 billion, almost all of which has been repaid or is on track to be repaid.The entire US budget in 2010 was about 3.55 trillion.The poker bust is still horse---- though.
Agreed- not to side track the tread- But the bulk of the money lost on TARP funds was the money sent to homeowners. The banks have almost all repaid their funds, and the rest are on or ahead of schedule of repayments. The Government will turn a profit on the TARP bailout when all is said and done.However-Raiding poker games is asinine.

I'm just sayin'...Normally when these things happen (and the article is very short on details), there was someone taking a rake from the game. I don't know if there was or was not, but normally that's what was happening when someone gets raided.Sure, you can argue that as long as the players knew they were paying someone to host the game in their home, then what's the problem? Touche. The Libertarian in my agrees with you, but generally the Law does not.I'm just sayin'...

There's as much as $9 trillion missing from TARP. There's several billions of $ missing in Iraq aid. 30-40 million people are under-employed/unemployed.25 million illegals now receive government benefits. But your government is still keeping you safe from poker by raiding and confiscating $1000 from a home game. That's $125 per player; about two fills of gasoline in an average car. Sleep soundly tonight.http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/jul/07/k...partner=popular
This is insane, America is looking a tad rough these days.