Wsop 2011 $10k Nl Holdem Main Event

If Hellmuth ended up winning this thing, how much of a cut is Matusow asking for?
Pretty amazing he has a not too bad stack..I think he should buy Matusow a house..
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Stars end up putting Jason Alexander in the ME?
he's been wearing the pokerstars.net gear so my guess is YES, but don't know for surejason_alexander_wsop_2a.jpg
I know I don't post here much anymore. I made day 2A with 73k and made day 3 with 303,700. A bunch of other guys who used to post here are playing 2B today including Fluff and Loosh. GL to everyone still in!
Good Luck, here's hoping you have to write the IRS a big fat check.
Good Luck, here's hoping you have to write the IRS a big fat check.
They get enough already. But I guess the more they get, the more I get. That's gotta be a good thing :club:
They get enough already. But I guess the more they get, the more I get. That's gotta be a good thing :club:
Two words: Off Shore Banks!
wow.... unbelievableI guess he could have thought 1a and 1b were merging together and not 1a and 1c. But still... I'm sure they made tons of announcements.
I read somewhere that he played a different day 1 than he originally planned to, so I guess he forgot that because he played a different day 1 his day 2 would also change.
he's been wearing the pokerstars.net gear so my guess is YES, but don't know for surejason_alexander_wsop_2a.jpg
ah ha!
He's a "Friend" of Poker Stars
There were some questions after BF as to who stars would be putting in the ME. Good to see Jason getting to play on the cheap.
There were some questions after BF as to who stars would be putting in the ME. Good to see Jason getting to play on the cheap.
yeah, that would be too bad if one of probably the top 5 wealthiest people in the room had to put up 10 large

Awesomeness:Poker Is Played With 52 Cards....Right?Posted 16 minutes ago by BenLudlow • Level 9: 500-1,000, 100 ante We just heard an uproar from Table #261 as they demanded a count of the deck they had been playing with. Apparently, after 40 minutes of play with the same deck and dealer, a new dealer pushed and immediately felt the deck being short some cards. Then, one of the players at the table demanded a count of the deck and it was in fact eight cards short. One of the players at the table said jokingly, "Yeah, I mean I figured something was wrong when no one was hitting any flops at all."The player who noticed the deck said, "When she seemed like something was wrong with the deck, I told her 'You better count those cards before you deal them out', and sure enough I was right. The floor just ran away with the setup and gave us a new one, but it's kind of ridiculous you know?"Another player at the table asked the media members surrounding the table, "What do you think we should get in compensation?" Everyone seemed to agree an apology was in order to which she said, "Not on my watch, we better get something!" The table echoed her sentiments.Players at the table next to them including 2006 Main Event Champ Jamie Gold, and Ray Henson were also curious as to what was going on, especially whether the cards had been found. Henson said, "I'm pretty sure I could feel a deck and know if it was short some cards, especially if it was that many." Gold then chimed in, "They can't just let this go, they should be searching every player at that table to make sure they weren't taking cards out of the deck the whole time."The table is now playing with a new deck, and you better bet they are sure they have all 52 this time. If we hear anything else as to what happened to those missing eight cards or where the mystery setup has run off to, we'll let you know.Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...m-championship/

Fluff had a good Day 2BJustinFiltzJustin FiltzEnded Day 2 of the WSOP Main Event with 257,900 chips! Fantastic last 3 levels of the day after a difficult first 4 hours of the day.

WSOP Live CoverageWe know you follow all the action of the 2011 World Series of Poker Main Event on PokerNews, but sometimes it's also fun to watch. Thanks to ESPN3.com and ESPN2, this year you can.Beginning Thursday, Day 3 of the Main Event, the WSOP will be broadcast live on a 30-minute delay on ESPN2. It all kicks off at 8 p.m. PDT and runs until 11:30 p.m. PDT. The action on ESPN2 will be broadcast with hole cards and will switch back and forth between the two feature tables every 30 minutes. Commentary will be provided by Lon McEachern and David Tuchman, as well as some pros switching in and out.On top of that, ESPN3.com will be hosting live coverage of the Main Event on a five-minute delay from the start of Day 3 play and onward. This coverage will not feature hole cards, but viewers will get expert commentary from poker professionals such as Phil Galfond, Olivier Busquet and more.If you want to find out more about what it takes to put on the live stream, you can check out Kristy Arnett's behind-the-scenes interview with Poker PROduction's Mori Eskandani.ESPN.com has more on the live coverage schedule and what you can expect.Traffic ReportRead more: http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/07/the-...erage-10696.htm

ESPN_Poker Andrew Feldmanby JustinFiltzPlay over. Podcast with @KevinSauLivePro, Joseph @subiime Cheong, and @JustinFiltz

Awesomeness:Poker Is Played With 52 Cards....Right?Posted 16 minutes ago by BenLudlow • Level 9: 500-1,000, 100 ante We just heard an uproar from Table #261 as they demanded a count of the deck they had been playing with. Apparently, after 40 minutes of play with the same deck and dealer, a new dealer pushed and immediately felt the deck being short some cards. Then, one of the players at the table demanded a count of the deck and it was in fact eight cards short. One of the players at the table said jokingly, "Yeah, I mean I figured something was wrong when no one was hitting any flops at all."The player who noticed the deck said, "When she seemed like something was wrong with the deck, I told her 'You better count those cards before you deal them out', and sure enough I was right. The floor just ran away with the setup and gave us a new one, but it's kind of ridiculous you know?"Another player at the table asked the media members surrounding the table, "What do you think we should get in compensation?" Everyone seemed to agree an apology was in order to which she said, "Not on my watch, we better get something!" The table echoed her sentiments.Players at the table next to them including 2006 Main Event Champ Jamie Gold, and Ray Henson were also curious as to what was going on, especially whether the cards had been found. Henson said, "I'm pretty sure I could feel a deck and know if it was short some cards, especially if it was that many." Gold then chimed in, "They can't just let this go, they should be searching every player at that table to make sure they weren't taking cards out of the deck the whole time."The table is now playing with a new deck, and you better bet they are sure they have all 52 this time. If we hear anything else as to what happened to those missing eight cards or where the mystery setup has run off to, we'll let you know.Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...m-championship/
That's seriously a joke. I hope nobody got stacked/crippled during those hands. A lot of dealers I know can detect a light deck even if it's by only 1 or 2 cards. How the hell do you not notice it being 8 cards light...?
That's seriously a joke. I hope nobody got stacked/crippled during those hands. A lot of dealers I know can detect a light deck even if it's by only 1 or 2 cards. How the hell do you not notice it being 8 cards light...?
They never played hands with it and players were exaggerating things:WXc1L4MT2HawnL1uH7Gv.jpg
Why do so many more people play days C and D instead of A or B?
Too long of a break would be feel odd for me taking the natural flow out of the game.
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=6765395podcast interview with Fluff 3/4 the way through it

Just a reminder to everybody that ESPN is starting their coverage today. Online streaming on ESPN3 all day without hole cards and ESPN2 tonight with hole cards.ESPN_PokerAndrew FeldmanTHURSDAY: Watch the WSOP live on ESPN3.com at 3 pm. ET then turn on ESPN2 at 7 p.m. ET for the main event with hole cards.

Just a reminder to everybody that ESPN is starting their coverage today. Online streaming on ESPN3 all day without hole cards and ESPN2 tonight with hole cards.ESPN_PokerAndrew FeldmanTHURSDAY: Watch the WSOP live on ESPN3.com at 3 pm. ET then turn on ESPN2 at 7 p.m. ET for the main event with hole cards.
Anything in Canada ?

I called my cable co and ESPN, nothing available to us. I have ESPNCAN butthat's the regular one my guess. Any one have any other thoughtsglglgl to Daniel , Matt and Justin today and any other Fcper's still in