Wsop 2011 $10k Nl Holdem Main Event

The 2011 WSOP Main Event starts later today at The Rio in Las Vegas with Day 1A. I don't think that Daniel has decided which day he's playing for Day 1 yet.Good luck to all FCPers who are playing this year. Let's hope somebody has their life changed in a good way.July 7 12pm No-Limit Hold'em Championship Day 1AJuly 8 12pm No-Limit Hold'em Championship Day 1BJuly 9 12pm No-Limit Hold'em Championship Day 1CJuly 10 12pm No-Limit Hold'em Championship Day 1DJuly 11 12pm Day 2A (1A + 1C)July 12 12pm Day 2B (1B + 1D)July 14 12pm Day 3July 15 12pm Day 4July 16 12pm Day 5July 17 12pm Day 6July 18 12pm Day 7July 19 12pm Play down to 9 playersTBA Final Table When Daniel does play he'll be sending updates via Twitter and Poker News has their usual tournament updates.https://twitter.com/#!/RealKidPoker/http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...m-championship/What's your over/under on total number of entrants this year ?Daniel's Main Event Twitter UpdatesRealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuFor those asking, I'm still undecided what Day 1 I'll be playing. It's either 1C or 1D depending how I feel that day.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuIt's decided: Day 1C broke it down and it makes the most logical sense to play tomorrow.Also decided I will not be doing Rocky marathon #vegRealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuAbout to start main event. I kinda recognize one Euro at my table who I think is good. Follow @DNChips if you want to see updates all day.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@DNChips funny start. Raised 4 hands off the bat won blinds. Then raise AK get raised and re-raised! Lol I folded obv.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@DNChips lost 2 early pots JTcc Flop KT6cc missed. Then AKss vs AQ board ran out KJ3TK checked to river and called bet. Lost min.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@DNChips also at my table Glen Chorny EPT Grand Final champion and a French guy who won a bracelet. Feel good todayRealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@DNChips end level 1 with 27,075. Haven't hit much so far but it's early. Good feel for the table so far.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@DNChips won a nice pot slowplaying KK vs AJRealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@DNChips end level 3 30,175 very little fluctuation so far. Next level 100-200 with a 25 ante. Feel good.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@DNChips correction level 3 is 150-300 with no ante. Level 4 150-300 (25) then final level of day 1 200-400 (50).RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@DNChips end level 3 26,400 almost no movement to speak of. Was as low as 24k as high as 35k. Card dead so far, dinner break 90 min.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@DNChips 51k finally hit one. Guy flopped a set checked. Turn I had flush/straight draw hit flush and value bet 8700.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@DNChips 46,375 end level 4. One level left 200-400 with a 50 ante. Feel good, time to finish strong.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@DNChips 41,175 end day 1. Solid play with very little fluctuation. On to day 2 Monday.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuMade it through day 1 without any major confrontations and ended with 41,175. Day 2 blinds start 250-500 so all in all a good day 1.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuPlaying day 2 of WSOP main event. You can watch a stream online at wsop.com I'm told.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuOver 70k now! AJ vs AhKh flop AJT two hearts. I needed to fade a K Q or a heart. Came 3d then 4c. Ya baby! Let's do this!RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu80,425 end level 6. Feels great to have chips. Goal is 160k to end the day.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu75,450 end level 7. Chips hardly moved that level. I likey. Next up 400-800 with a 100 ante. I feel calm and at peace. That's a good thing!RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu46,200 end level 8. Rough level. Won one small pot and lost a decent pot to Sorel calling 8200. Come back to 500-1000 blinds after dinner.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuCrazy hand alert: 500-1000 blinds guy opens for 6700 I call sb. Flop QQ7 cc. Turn 7 I bet 4200 he calls. River 4 I bet 7500 then...RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuHe pulls out a coin "Heads I'm in Tails I'm out." Came tails he folded KK!! Lucky break for me was value betting TT phew.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu72,400 end level 9. Busted a guy w AA vs JJ. Last level of the night is 600-1200 blinds. Feel good and doing my very best.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuGuess who's over 100k now? That's right, I got me a few chips now with 40 min left to play. The WSOP main event is just so fun to play!RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuDay 2 of WSOP main event in the books with 114,100. A little off the 160k goal but not complaining.2 days off.Karaoke tonight!Gameface ThursRealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuWSOP main event day 3. Let's do this! Catch it on espn3.com live today at 3pm EST then on ESPN2 at 7pm EST. Goal to end day 300,000.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuJust got word that I will be at the featured table today starting with 114,100 in chips. You can watch me climb LIVE with holecards!RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuEnd level 11 121,000. Didn't win a hand 1st hour but only played 3. Picked up near the end. Next limit is 1k-2k blinds. I'm feelin' good.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu183,200 still at featured table but now with crazies. Guy just 6 bet all in with A6 vs Shaun Deeb's AA. 6 flop 6 river OUCH!RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuDumbest new rule in poker. In a HU pot on the river I can't talk about my hand. These rules are destroying televised poker and are illogicalRealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu124,800 going on a 2 hour dinner break. Still another hour at level 1200-2400.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu260,200 nice level 13!! Playing one last level 1500-3000 would love to get over 300k to end the day but very happy where I am now.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuEnd of day 3 with 207,500. Was up to close to 300k then back down to 125k. Happy to be moving on. Hope you enjoyed the broadcast.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu"Can't you hear that boom da doom boom boom ba doom got dat super base" driving to Rio for day 4.Haven't met a chip goal yet but still here!RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu"Everyday I'm hustlin' Everyday I'm hustlin'" getting pumped. Chip goal is 100 big blinds at end of day 4. Not sure how many levels yet.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuMy best table draw thus far. None of my opponents have any tournament wins or any significant cashes. Hope I can take advantage.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuEnd level 126k rough level but I played amazing I promise!RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu72k now 14 bbs officially in jeopardy now.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu693 get paid 697 left. I'd feel no shame in being the bubble boy. 60k 12 bbs I am NOT waiting for AA.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu696 now playing hand for hand. I'll be big blind next hand.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuYaaaaaaaa!!! Doubled from 60k to 160k AQ vs AT flop A76 turn 6 river Jack. Boo ya.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuBubble is agonizing. Watching the clock tick away while you wait for hand-for-hand play just hurts me at the core. Destroys the level :-(RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuOk bubble burst we can finally play some poker. Time to run it up. #dreamisaliveRealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuPut time back on the clock! The clock was running while @WSOPTD was doing promo announcements. Not fair to short stacks dude!RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuThanks @WSOPTD for doing the right thing. 2 min back on the clock.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuEnd level 159k blinds will be 3k-6k with a 1k ante. Hand for hand ate up the last level. Avg is about 300k. Be there MihamarabbRealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuOuch 46k left. Played 300k pot I had AK guy has KJ. Guy folds AJ. Flop Jack. Pretty upsetting. What a tough WSOP this has been.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuMiscounted have 35kRealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu19,500 on button now. Have to pick up some kind of hand.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuYes! All in for 15,500 got 4 calls. As 3c I had vs 44 flop K54 two spades. Turn 3s river 9s. I got 70k!RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuGoing to dinner with 89k yes that's short playing 3k-6k but I'm just happy to still be playing. Back in 2 hours. 15 bbs feels good.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuGrinding grinding grinding my way up to 146k guy just raised AT I shoved KK he folded and I'm kinda ok with that. 4k-8k last level of nightRealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu7000 started less than 500 left and at least one of those 500 will never quit on this tournament.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu330k!!! Qh 8h flop 852 two hearts turn 5 river heart. Ya baby most chips I've had this tournament. Yaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu605k OMG! QQ vs KK. I had the QQ and a Q in the door. Running good! 6 hands left in the night! I'm in shock.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuEnd day 4 with 619k. Oh ya. End day 1 41k, then 114k, then 207k. Moving on up! 382 players left avg is 540k. I'm going to sleep GOOD!RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuMost under appreciated element of luck in tournament poker? Table draw. So crucial especially in the main event. Was handcuffed day 3.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuWill be seated with @BrokeLivingJRB on day 5 tomorrow. Should be fun.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuHe's the only one at my table with more chips then me, I have position on him.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuAfter some further research it looks like a bad table draw. Hopefully the table breaks earlier in the day. 4 good players at least at it.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuFeatured table today with @BrokeLivingJRB you can watch LIVE (30 min delay) on ESPN2 all day. Enjoy.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu454k end of level. Bluffed off 200k right off the bat.Trying to not say a word during hands cause of @SavagePoker endorsed rule #ruintvpokerRealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu108k left blinds going to 8k-16k close to 7 bbs. Been in worse shape and came back. Haven't won any pots today. Should be out though AK/QQRealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuSo that's that. I'm out. I got it in good with TT vs A7 flop was good Ace on the turn. Tough WSOP I ran absurdly bad this summer. Oh well.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WSOPWSOP The official final number of entrants on Day 1A of the WSOP Championship Main Event is 897.
Not bad. I think they get 6000 plus.

6104Fluff is playing 1d

Any idea what the totals for each day were from last year?
1A - 11251B - 14891C - 23141D - 2391My original guess was 3,200 for this year. I am guessing that SJ's estimate of 5835 was based on this year's Day 1A being 79% of last year's Day 1A. 5835 is 79% of last year's total.
My original guess was 3,200 for this year. I am guessing that SJ's estimate of 5835 was based on this year's Day 1A being 79% of last year's Day 1A. 5835 is 79% of last year's total.
Math! That's not the way I did it, but basically yes.

Its gonna end up being like 6500+.. and in a year where before the WSOP started after Black Friday when everyone said there would be a downturn in players at the WSOP besides this guy..