I Have No Opinion On Contracts Thread 2011 Edition Part A

I love Top Gear. Cars and british people making me laugh. Perfect combination.I will miss you all when I am dead.Hi Arp.Also, seems it is fine now so i am going to break some news that has kept me sane the last week.About a month ago Liz and I got a letter from the Adoption Agency stating that Korea is in the process of lowering the amount of children they are releasing for international adoption by 10% every year until no more children are adopted out internationally. Because of this, the Korean Govt has already hit their quota for 2011 and this will push back our referral time by another 4-6 months (then add 4 months for paperwork and visa stuff). So we were expecting to travel before Xmas to get a child and now it says we need to wait till Spring 2012. Bah! It hit us hard. Found out right before I left for Vegas. Waiting was hard but to add more time really kills your spirit. Then last Tuesday I was grilling up some pork and the phone rang and we didn't get to it in time and we saw it was our social worker. Liz was freaked out thinking something bad was coming but I told her to call her. I can't go into much detail at this time but I have a son! His name will be Jin and he is pretty damn adorable. We met the next day to get pictures and his full history. Unfortunately we will not be able to go get him until January but he is ours. He will be 15 months when we get him and it's pretty darn cool. I wish I could show a pic but we can't at this time. I can probably text a few of you though. I guess that is it for now. He is healthy and one of the descriptions given by his foster parent was manly. Sweet!So if he was born Oct 2010 what is his draft year?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know his draft year , but...CONGRATS! Very happy for both of you, and it must be amazing to put a face+name to what you have waited so long for. This just became one of my all time fave threads. Great news!!!When you told Danny you guys would be fathers around the same time in Feb, I thought it was strange cause I thought I remembered you saying youd be going in fall. Anyway, sorry to hear of the delay, but it sounds like things just got a lot better. So, congrats again, and pass along my best wishes to Liz too. Look fwd to hearing more good news soon. Kids, kids, kids. FCP's next generation I guess.

I'm not Danny, but that'll never stop me from answering.I was born in Toronto and moved to Newfoundland when i was 13. Now I live in Sudbury. When people ask me where I'm from I have no idea what to say. I'd love to say Earth, but I don't like to come off as an asshole immediately. I like to ease into that a little.
How would like to answer that question if you are me and my wife?My wife is Armenian , born in Toledo Ohio and grew up in Fresno California , living in Toronto.I am Armenian, born in Istanbul Turkey, grew up in Toronto Canada..Now pretend we are on a beach in Punta Cana chatting it up with a couple and they ask us, where are you from?
Oh great, this is one of those threads that all those people in general participate in....They dont respond to you if you arent cool and one of those..
This directed at me? or someone who is a worse poster than me? because I'll always answer your posts with a witty comment. Also, let me know if you wanna deal anyone in baseball. I didn't know if you followed the fcbl forum recently.Congrats Steve. Pretty awesome news!
Now pretend we are on a beach in Punta Cana chatting it up with a couple and they ask us, where are you from?
Leafs Nation in your case.
Oh great, this is one of those threads that all those people in general participate in....They dont respond to you if you arent cool and one of those..No idea what the hell you guys are talking about, but I am excited for Big Brother today..And Steve please relax, dont hate me, I love you buddy..Thanks
I don't hate you. Sorry, my hate people comment was at the ****wads who were in my office this morning and put me in a crappy mood. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I love Top Gear. Cars and british people making me laugh. Perfect combination.I will miss you all when I am dead.Hi Arp.Also, seems it is fine now so i am going to break some news that has kept me sane the last week.About a month ago Liz and I got a letter from the Adoption Agency stating that Korea is in the process of lowering the amount of children they are releasing for international adoption by 10% every year until no more children are adopted out internationally. Because of this, the Korean Govt has already hit their quota for 2011 and this will push back our referral time by another 4-6 months (then add 4 months for paperwork and visa stuff). So we were expecting to travel before Xmas to get a child and now it says we need to wait till Spring 2012. Bah! It hit us hard. Found out right before I left for Vegas. Waiting was hard but to add more time really kills your spirit. Then last Tuesday I was grilling up some pork and the phone rang and we didn't get to it in time and we saw it was our social worker. Liz was freaked out thinking something bad was coming but I told her to call her. I can't go into much detail at this time but I have a son! His name will be Jin and he is pretty damn adorable. We met the next day to get pictures and his full history. Unfortunately we will not be able to go get him until January but he is ours. He will be 15 months when we get him and it's pretty darn cool. I wish I could show a pic but we can't at this time. I can probably text a few of you though. I guess that is it for now. He is healthy and one of the descriptions given by his foster parent was manly. Sweet!So if he was born Oct 2010 what is his draft year?
Hey Steve congrats buddy...2028 is the draft year..BTW Korea just got the 2018 Olympics and they automatically get a hockey team..Now that you have a son from Korea I am fairly certain you can play on the Korean national hockey team..They are looking for players apparently because no sane person would put themselves in front of Shea Webber slap shot..Congrats again to you and your lovely wife Liz
So if he was born Oct 2010 what is his draft year?
Class of 2029...he just misses the 2028 draft by weeks. September 15th is the cutoff, you have to turn 18 by that date in your draft year. Oh, and CONGRATS! Would you want to change his name once he's legally adopted, or are you and Liz going with Jin permanently?
Class of 2029...he just misses the 2028 draft by weeks. Oh, and CONGRATS! Would you want to change his name once he's legally adopted, or are you and Liz going with Jin permanently?
We did change his name. We had Nathan picked out for awhile if we got a boy and Olivia if it was a girl. But we saw him and both of us didn't think he looked like a Nathan. His real name is Suhjin (Sue-Gin) so we took the Suh off because kids are mean and left it Jin and are pretty happy about it.
Class of 2029...he just misses the 2028 draft by weeks. September 15th is the cutoff, you have to turn 18 by that date in your draft year. Oh, and CONGRATS! Would you want to change his name once he's legally adopted, or are you and Liz going with Jin permanently?
Oh yes I missed that..Jin is one of my favourite TV characters of all time..Those of you that watched Lost will know.

Oh and stupid as it may sound, don't post anything on Facebook. Again, weird rules. But I think things are almost finanlized and Liz and I will post something soon.

Congrats to Steve and Liz!!!!!!If there's another baby in the plans sometime down the road can he or she be nicknamed Tonic. Cuz THAT would be awesome!

Congrats to Steve and Liz!!!!!!If there's another baby in the plans sometime down the road can he or she be nicknamed Tonic. Cuz THAT would be awesome!
That was pretty good..
Oh great, this is one of those threads that all those people in general participate in....They dont respond to you if you arent cool and one of those..No idea what the hell you guys are talking about, but I am excited for Big Brother today..And Steve please relax, dont hate me, I love you buddy..Thanks
This directed at me? or someone who is a worse poster than me? because I'll always answer your posts with a witty comment. Also, let me know if you wanna deal anyone in baseball. I didn't know if you followed the fcbl forum recently.Congrats Steve. Pretty awesome news!
Guess I'm not one of the cool people in serge's mind :)No more Angry Steve today. Again, congrats Steve! I have some great names for when I have a kid if you need a middle name or decide to go with something else.

OH< SHEEEEYIT!!! Great news, Steve!!!Def Jin is a cool name, but depending on when in time you get him, his English may be good to excellent. Either way, great stuff!And, as Serge says, draft year is 2028. Small forward with tae kwon do skillz ftwDear Arp, please continue to hold.

Guess I'm not one of the cool people in serge's mind :)No more Angry Steve today. Again, congrats Steve! I have some great names for when I have a kid if you need a middle name or decide to go with something else.
Lol ..You arent one of the people that ignored me..I tried to post in there a few times...I didnt like the atmosphere..They ignored me..
why is there no pool this year?
I'm guessing because the Americans can't transfer through poker sites anymore, and it just isn't worth the hassle to be mailing $20 checks and stuff.
Oh yes I missed that..Jin is one of my favourite TV characters of all time..Those of you that watched Lost will know.
Jin was an awesome character. Congrats Steve and Liz! Here's hoping the little guy has an amazing life with you and never ever has to see that photo of his dad with that (guy?) on Freemont Street!